Abe: Make peace with where you are

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Post Reply
User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 am

I think Bashar has said about the same thing in his own words.
Without this basic acceptance of where we are at here and now, we can't make much progress.
Abe: Make peace with where you are

If you will make peace with where you are
you'll lock onto your signal.

In other words, if you'll say, "OK here I am.
Here I am. Good for me. Not bad for me. Good
for me. And from where I am I now choose this
and this and this."

If you make peace with where you are, meaning
you stop beating up on yourself about it,
you stop feeling regret about it,
you stop letting it suck the life out of you,
you stop letting other people make you feel guilty
about it, you stop being defensive about it.

Feel the difference between "here I am on my way
to over there" and "here I am; I've been here so long."
Or "here I am; I shouldn't be here" and "here I am;
it's your fault I'm here."

"Here I am and I don't really want to be here,
but here I am and it's all right." And
"Here I am and it's temporary."
(ooh that feels good doesn't it?)

Here I am in this temporary place on my way to
better and better. Here I am, pleased with who
I am on my way with greater clarity to who I
really am.

In other words, you've got to find ways to soften
your personal perspective of where you are because
where you are is the signal that you're beaming.
And you've got to lock on to the signal. You have
to find a way of linking up with this Source Energy.
When you don't, you're off the signal.

Source Energy believes that well being should be yours.
When you don't, you are off the signal.

Source Energy adores you.

Source Energy knows about your well-being.

Source Energy expects good things to come. And when you
don't, you're off the signal.

That's our best sales job yet. That nothing is more
important than that you feel good because the way you feel
is your indication of your signal.

ialmostforgot
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by ialmostforgot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 am

Gee, this is really synchronistic. I was all morning thinking about this same stuff: a couple of days ago I sent a message to a group of entities that go by the name of Joshua -actually I came to this part of the forum to post something about them- and just this morning I received the answer to that message, which really stresses the same point.I quote:

"Give up your belief that things are wrong and that conditions should be different."

"The path to the change you prefer is through the acceptance of what currently exists."

So I've been debating inside myself about this because these statements really resonate with me, but in the nitty gritty of certain circumstances, I don't know, they are just too abstract, too up in the clouds. It's like, when you see something like an alcoholic parent it's just not doing it for me the whole "chill out" and "everything's fine" approach.

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:48 pm

ialmostforgot wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 am
Gee, this is really synchronistic. I was all morning thinking about this same stuff: a couple of days ago I sent a message to a group of entities that go by the name of Joshua -actually I came to this part of the forum to post something about them- and just this morning I received the answer to that message, which really stresses the same point.I quote:

"Give up your belief that things are wrong and that conditions should be different."

"The path to the change you prefer is through the acceptance of what currently exists."

So I've been debating inside myself about this because these statements really resonate with me, but in the nitty gritty of certain circumstances, I don't know, they are just too abstract, too up in the clouds. It's like, when you see something like an alcoholic parent it's just not doing it for me the whole "chill out" and "everything's fine" approach.
There's a thread on this board initiated by me, about Ken Keyes Jr.'s book, Prescriptions For Happiness.

In a nutshell, the Prescriptions are:

Ask for what you want...but don't demand it.

Accept whatever happens, for now.

Turn up your love, even if you don't get what you want.
The book, which is a very quick and easy read, is available as a pdf if you are interested.

There are always going to be things that are unwanted. That's life! (I have experienced the issues with an alcoholic parent, and also with a couple of akcoholic roommates!) Resisting them only keeps us stuck. When you are at peace with "what is," you are sending the message to your Inner Being that you are ready to move on.

Last night I watched this movie with Keira Knightley, The Duchess. It's a period drama, a bit of a downer, but very well acted and the costumes and scenery are gorgeous. Reflecting on it, there are big lessons in the film about acceptance. By many standards, the character played by Knightley
was living an intolerable reality. Yet with acceptance, there was a kind of happy ending, though it was not dramatized. That's us humans, in general we focus on the awful aspects and skim over the resolution.

Anyway...go with the flow :D

ialmostforgot
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by ialmostforgot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:13 pm

thanks Alice, I have just downloaded it. I'll check that movie too.

The way Bashar puts it has helped me a great deal, I think. He says something like you can validate one person's personal exploration, even when you do not agree with the content of that exploration, or wouldn't want it for yourself or anybody.

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:15 am

ialmostforgot wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:13 pm
thanks Alice, I have just downloaded it. I'll check that movie too.

The way Bashar puts it has helped me a great deal, I think. He says something like you can validate one person's personal exploration, even when you do not agree with the content of that exploration, or wouldn't want it for yourself or anybody.
Yeah, the Pleiadians channeled by Marciniak, say essentially the same thing. From Bringers of the Dawn:
You will find that events do not come out of the blue. Some of you believe that you create your own reality but others do not
create theirs--especially little babies who have all kinds of things happen to them or children who are abused. It is a difficult concept for
many of you to grasp that seemingly helpless children or starving people also create their own reality. Whenever you buy into the victim
mentality, you send people the idea that they are powerless and you make that probability one for yourselves. You must learn to honor
other people's dramas and lessons. Realize that the newspaper is not going to tell you about the potential for change that exists for all of those
involved in a particular scenario, because newspapers do not report and cover things in that way. You do not honor the underlying
synchronicities of events, your media exposes only the external so-called facts and ignores the rich riverbed of emotional significance that
underlies human dramas and lessons.

Those who are involved in dramas in which it looks like someone is a victim are usually so out of touch with their feelings that they do not connect how they feel with what they are thinking. Victims find victims. Victors find victors. So please, with any newspaper event or world drama in which it looks as if people are hopeless victims, honor them and honor yourself by saluting that they created their own reality. It may not be a reality that you need to learn from--or anything that you feel a need to participate in. You must understand that others must go through the realms of density to bring them to light. Sometimes the greatest enlightenment lies in the greatest catastrophes and the greatest difficulties.
So if you do watch The Duchess, keep that in mind :)

User avatar
Rokazulu
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Rokazulu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Yes good reminder always. This has to essentially be the point of physical reality. Eastern Mystics talk nothing but this point.

Also, I will butcher this quote but, Bashar said that mastery of physical reality has nothing to do with manipulating matter but, being so blissed out that no matter what happens you are in joy (Enlightenment/4th density obtained).

It is our inevitable destiny.
Rokazulu and the Mystical Eschaton
(The sharing of experiences)

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 am

Rokazulu wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 pm
Yes good reminder always. This has to essentially be the point of physical reality. Eastern Mystics talk nothing but this point.

Also, I will butcher this quote but, Bashar said that mastery of physical reality has nothing to do with manipulating matter but, being so blissed out that no matter what happens you are in joy (Enlightenment/4th density obtained).

It is our inevitable destiny.
It's in the Bible too.
"In all circumstances I have learned to be content." - St. Paul

openmindedskeptic
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by openmindedskeptic » Sun May 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Excellent, bravo Rokazulu and Alice..... this is one of the most important insights, and it is often overlooked by teachers and students who want to "manifest this or that" , quickly, so they can be happy..... "where's my manifestation stuff?...."

Here's another quote, sometimes attributed to Buddha.. "There is no way to happiness.... Happiness is the way."

I would also add that there is a "mastery" that needs to be learned, and that is the mastery of methods or techniques to get "so blissed out" in the first place and to get back there again every time life throws some unexpected "contrast" or "challenge" at us... as it will forever do, because that's the only way for our growth to occur.

This "mastery of bliss and acceptance " is more important than the "mastery of manifestation"...

Buddha told us to master the Eight Fold Path, Bashar tells us to simply follow our "excitement", other teachers teach other methods...

good luck to all of us in learning the important mastery, and bless us, every one....

Tiny Tim (OMS)

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Sun May 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks Tiny Tim (OMS)! I was very challenged recently to maintain this awareness. I felt my security and way of life was
threatened. You are right that it comes down to mastering ways we can stay in or return to that state of being. "Circumstances don't
matter, only state of being matters. What state of being do I prefer?"

Over the years, I've found this from a Unity minister very helpful in getting through such stuff. It is right in sync with what Abraham says
about these kinds of experiences. '"A Flood Can Be A Healing."
You just keep lifting yourself up.
https://books.google.com/books?id=7aF5D ... ng&f=false

laika
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 am

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by laika » Tue May 29, 2018 3:06 am

Hey everyone (long time lurker here lol)! I thought I might quote Bashar when he says "unconditional love of what is, allows what is to become whatever it needs to be".

In my past experiences with manifestations, after setting the intention, making peace with what is (shifting your relationship with your current circumstances to be more positive, thus raising your vibration), always brought about my desires! Again we could bring this back to "circumstances do not matter, only state of being matters", or even better "it's not what happens, it's what you do with what happens". Our relationship to our current circumstances are crucial, a positive relationship filled with gratitude, allows us to shift to whatever desired reality that we need to shift to :)

ETA: also in Bashar's seven steps to manifestation, I believe he says the final step is to accept our current reality as perfect - which allows it to shift. That's the paradox, I guess!

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Tue May 29, 2018 5:36 am

Nice to see you posting laika!
laika wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:06 am
Hey everyone (long time lurker here lol)! I thought I might quote Bashar when he says "unconditional love of what is, allows what is to become whatever it needs to be".
New one for me, thanks!
In my past experiences with manifestations, after setting the intention, making peace with what is (shifting your relationship with your current circumstances to be more positive, thus raising your vibration), always brought about my desires! Again we could bring this back to "circumstances do not matter, only state of being matters", or even better "it's not what happens, it's what you do with what happens". Our relationship to our current circumstances are crucial, a positive relationship filled with gratitude, allows us to shift to whatever desired reality that we need to shift to :)
Yes!
ETA: also in Bashar's seven steps to manifestation, I believe he says the final step is to accept our current reality as perfect - which allows it to shift. That's the paradox, I guess!
In the Crimson Circle channelings of Adamus Saint Germain, he routinely concludes with "All is well in all of creation."

And, Abe: "All is well and getting weller." :mrgreen:

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Another quote from Abe that I feel is crucial.

"
If we were standing in your physical shoes, a day would not go by that we did not make a list of positive aspects of ourself and of those that are closest to us, that mean the most to us, in terms of interaction.

A day would not go by that we would not count our blessings and name them continually, expressing it in every way we could, for in that day to day, moment to moment deliberate acknowledgement, you bring yourself in alignment with how you really feel about you.

How you really feel about you is nothing less than abject adoration. And if you ever feel anything less about you or about anyone, you are not you.

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:29 am

More from Abe on this topic.
Are you knowing what you are wanting? An evolving thing? Are you enjoying the expansion of your desire? And are you noticing that it is expanding?

As you begin to recognize that you get to decide all of it, and as you begin to appreciate the contrast that makes deciding or concluding, or preferring, more obvious, then you begin to sincerely enjoy the contrast.

We always begin by asking: Those manifestations that have not yet come about are still pleasing to you, yes? And some lie and say yes, others say no, but we want you to come to the place where you say yes and really mean it. "Yes, there are things that I want that have not come into manifestation yet. There are things I want that I can't even see any way of them happening—but they are still refreshing and delightful to me. I still feel anticipation. I still feel encouraged. They still feel fresh and good to me." And we want that for you.

We want your unfulfilled desires to feel good to you, because, well, there are two reasons: If you cannot make peace with where you are, then the unfulfilled desires are very slow in becoming fulfilled because that angst you feel about things not yet happening, is an indication of a vibration that's literally holding it apart, from you.

So, when you're sick and you want to be well, and you've been sick for a long time and it doesn't seem like you're getting better, or when you have one of those diagnoses that says you're probably not going to get better, and so, instead of feeling hopeful, you feel fearful— improvement is very hard to come. In fact, it cannot come under those conditions.

The vibrational difference between feeling hopeful and feeling fearful is the difference between getting well and not getting well. It's the difference between holding this condition on and on and on, or letting it go.

So, in the same way, we say, your current financial affairs could be not good. You could have more bills than you have income. You could have people hounding you on the telephone or beating on your door every day… And we say, so that's what-is; that's the action journey that you are upon. But you could have that financial condition percolating along and you could feel hopeful, or, you could have that condition percolating along and you could feel fearful. And the difference between fearful and hopeful is the difference between things improving for you.

This is a Vibrational Universe and you are Vibrational Beings. You don't set your radio dial on 630 AM and expect to hear what's being broadcast on 98.6 FM. You understand you've got to line those frequencies up, and so you do. You don't stubbornly set it on the station that you don't want to hear and then demand that the laws of physics change so that you can hear it anyway, without you doing anything about it… You can't be beating the drum of things gone wrong—and offering a vibration about things going wrong—and be in the vibrational place of receiving what you are wanting.

Make peace with wherever you stand. And here's the most important part: When you feel despair, or anything that doesn't feel good, and you reach for a thought that feels better, what comes right along with that is a conscious awareness that you do have some control of your experience. And friends, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of that conscious awareness that you can do something about the way you feel.

When you choose a thought that feels better than the thought that you were choosing before, and you consciously acknowledge that you had the power to choose it, and that you did choose it, and that it did change your vibrational frequency— now, there's no place you cannot go. Now, that cloud of despair, that cloud of not being able to control your own experience goes away.

There is not anything that any of you want—whether it's a material object, a state of being, a relationship, a circumstance or event… there's nothing that you have ever wanted or anybody you've ever known has ever wanted—that is for any other reason than you think you will feel better in the having of it… And when you show yourself that you can feel better just because you've decided that you want to feel better, and that you have the power to choose a thought that feels better, now, you're on your way. And there's nowhere that you cannot go along this Emotional Scale. And when you make it up there into the consistent range of feeling pretty darn wonderful, then wonderful things become the basis of your experience.

Sometimes well-meaning people will encourage you to get happy faster than you can. And the reason that we say that is because, as we said earlier, you cannot put your radio dial on 630 AM and hear what's being broadcast on 98.6 FM; the frequencies have to match up. And if you are in despair, or fear, or anger, you can't jump all the way into bliss; you can't even get a whiff of bliss. It's a different vibrational frequency.

So, what we have noticed as we've been watching you, we notice that when you try to jump from anger or despair all the way to bliss, you don't make the jump; you can't possibly do it. And it's not because you're not good; it's because Law of Attraction is not going to give you access to thoughts or memories or experiences, or other people, that's very far from where you are offering your vibration.

It is so important that you decide today (well, you can decide tomorrow; you can decide any time you want to, but it will be important to you when you make this decision) that you're not going to try to jump frequencies… It doesn't matter where you are; you can move gradually into increasingly better places.

The thing that is so important is that you, now, once and for all, make a decision that the relativity you're going to be aware of is only going to be the relationship between how I am feeling, and how I want to feel. In other words, My dominant intent is to find the best-feeling thoughts that I can find from where I am. Not the best-feeling thought I've ever thought, or not the best-feeling thought that anybody has ever thought, but just the best-feeling thought that I have access to, right now.

Decide, really soon, that you are not going to compare your emotional state with anybody else's, because their emotional state is only about their emotional state; it doesn't have anything to do with you. Your friend that says, "Cheer up; be happy; come with me," say to your friend, "I was depressed yesterday, and today I'm really, really angry. And it's the best I can do. So, don't ask me to jump up there in your bright, fluffy, sunshine, lollipop and roses vibration; it's not possible. It's a quantum leap I cannot make. Go away, unless you like to be around an angry person."

Decide that you're going to be aware of how you feel, and that how you feel really matters, and feel exhilaration when your vibration shifts. When you move from despair or fear into anger, we want you to have a triumphant feeling of celebration because that was enormous, important movement, vibrationally, and because once you get angry, you can move rather quickly into frustration, and when you find that fresh breath of air that frustration gives you, we want you to stop and celebrate your achievement—but you're not going to be able to do that if you are trying to compare yourself with where others are….

Your creativity, has only to do with your relationship with the Source Energy that creates worlds. And your emotions tell you everything you need to know about that relationship. So, it doesn't matter how happy somebody else is; it only matters how happy you are.

Do you know how, in the classroom, they'll give you an A for this behavior, and a B for this behavior, or an E, or an F for that behavior. And so, you begin to think that somebody up there in joy and appreciation should get the A, and somebody down here in depression should get the E or the F. And what we want to say to you is, when you move from depression or fear into anger, give yourself an A, because that movement means everything.

What it means is, you've shifted enough vibrationally that you now have access to a whole other range of thoughts and experiences. And, of course, you do not want to get stuck there in anger, but from anger you have a prayer of reaching frustration, where you can't usually find yourself in the fresh breath of air that frustration is from despair or from fear; it's too much of a vibrational jump.

If you'll look back into your experience, you will begin to notice (and we don't want you to look back too much, but just begin to viscerally feel around) that emotions are always coming in response to what you are giving your attention to. And with far less effort than it takes to learn QuickBooks on your computer, you're going to discover that you can be in control of the way you feel, which means, you now have mastered the Art of Allowing. That means, no matter what's going on around you, you have discovered a way to feel good and remain in Connection, and when you've discovered that—then Well-Being must follow you everywhere you go.

Esther talked to a friend who's a magnificent counselor, (using many of the techniques that Abraham has offered over the years with her clients) and she says, "I tell my clients, 'find the eye of your hurricane and stay there.'" And Esther said, "I sort of like that. When you think about all the things that are going on in the world that could be upsetting to you, but there is this calm here where I am. In other words, I don't have to change the world; the world doesn't have to change for me." Do you know that is truly what the meaning of unconditional love is?

Most people, when they see conditions that make them feel bad—they just feel bad. And when they see something that makes them feel good—they just feel good. And then they conclude, "We've got to control the conditions." And so, they make laws, and they get all kinds of patrollers, and they get all kinds of people that then try to enforce the laws because they believe that if they could just control these conditions, then they would never have to look at anything that upsets them again. But then you discover that the tsunami will come, and that there aren't laws or rules, or armies, that can stop that. Or the hurricane will come, or the earthquake will come… In other words, there's always going to be something that is going to challenge your idea that you can control circumstances.

You cannot control circumstances. You never intended to control circumstances. You intended to discover unconditional love. You intended to discover a way to feel good, no matter what, because you have the facility; you have the power; you have the ability to focus. You have the ability to choose where you focus, therefore, you have the ability to offer vibration deliberately, therefore, you have the ability to choose the way you feel. But it takes some practice.

As you practice, every day, something will happen and you will feel it viscerally in your body. Somebody says something or does something, or you see something on television, and then you've got to stop, right then, and you have to say, Nothing is more important than that I feel good. And, right now, I'm going to do my best to find the best-feeling thought that I can find.

Now, sometimes, you can change the subject. It's easy to change the subject. Or, you could meditate; just quiet your mind; put your brain on pause; that makes you feel better immediately, too. But if there are circumstances that are hammering you, things that come up often: somebody in your experience that is there every day, or often, if there's something happening in your experience that you consistently feel bad about, then you've got some work to do on this Emotional Scale.

Once you show yourself that that person, or that circumstance, does not have to change for you to move from fearful up to hopeful, or from despair up to anger to frustration… once you show yourself that nothing has to change, in terms of the action journey, for you to have real movement in the emotional journey, once you show yourself that, then watch what happens to your action journey. Once you shift; once you beat that drum; once it settles in; once you find the groove of that, once you are there, once you've shifted that belief, once you've modified that vibration (far less effort than you think), everything will begin to shift in your experience.

So, contrast causes you to offer rockets of desire. The desire is nowhere near where you're vibrating. So, you've given birth to an idea of something you want that you are not a vibrational match to it. So, you do your best to find thoughts that feel closer and closer and closer to it. And when you begin to feel the elation that you will feel when that manifests, even before it manifests, now, it must manifest, and it must manifest fast.

That's why we asked you that all-important question as we began. Do those unfulfilled desires please you?

And some of you lie and say yes, some of you say no. But we want you to work on getting to the place where you say, "Yes, I love this unfulfilled desire! I love knowing that there's something in the offing for me. I love knowing that it's out there percolating, and I love doing my work, which is, gradually, gently, consistently bringing myself into vibrational alignment with it."

When it feels like the next logical step—then it comes right in. So your work, as you stand in the absence of something wanted, is to pretend it, to imagine it, to become so familiar with the essence of what it would feel like when it comes, that even though it hasn't come, you still feel good. (You get this?) Even though my lover hasn't come yet, I'm excited about the idea of my lover coming. I'm anticipating. I feel excited about it. But if I'm depressed, if I'm discouraged, if "all the good ones are taken," then, it's not the next logical step.

We think you heard that. Our work here is done.

laika
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 am

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by laika » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Thank you so much, Alice! That was incredibly helpful and just what I needed to read :)

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by Alice » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:14 am

laika wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:55 pm
Thank you so much, Alice! That was incredibly helpful and just what I needed to read :)
I'm glad laika! Still working with this myself :D

Post Reply