Breakups/loss: Stop your sadness FAST

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

laptop123

Breakups/loss: Stop your sadness FAST

Post by laptop123 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:21 pm

I am not sure if I shared this yet on this forum, but I will copy and paste my post here.

This is info from Cindy Teevens.

Its about loss, but can be applied to many things:

You never loved a person, you loved the feeling of love.
You never miss people, you miss the feelings you mistake them for.

Think of that special person (family/partner/whatever), list some of the feelings... example: special, unique, caring, love, happy, joy... then take one of those feelings at a time and feel it for a few moments. Focus on it, ask your body what does that feel like... Keep going as long as you like. Do this process each time a bad emotion comes up for a few days on any issue that comes up - speak to your ego gently like a child, asking what is wrong? then ask it what does it want (and the root usually is love).

If you want, go and spend a rediculous amount of time just focussing on the feeling of love. Just watch it.. appreciate/enjoy the gentle feeling.. and you grow it like a tree over time.

Best breakup advice ever: [youtube]https://youtu.be/FZVGrAh9KFc?t=37s[/youtube]
Last edited by laptop123 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ialmostforgot

Re: Breakups/loss: Stop your sadness FAST

Post by ialmostforgot » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Yeah, I think I (kind of) learnt that lesson when my dog died a few years ago. Her dead really brought with it so many lessons it's really amazing to me. As you say, and Abe Hicks say as well, the pain comes from the disconnection, from disallowing the love to flow through you.

On the concept of loss, I'm guessing Bashar would say something along the lines of: everything is here and now, so nothing can be really gone, cause there's no place for it to be gone. So it's a matter of tunning in to it.

There's a saying I heard, maybe it's from Maya Angelou, that you can't remember everything someone said, but you'll always remember how they made you feel. Because words don't matter that much, really (you can see this in kids, you can try to deceive a a kid with words all you want, he can see right through you because he or she is not in the whole human adult game yet).

Ok, I'm rambling now. I guess the people (or the dogs) you miss the most is that people that allowed -and promoted in you- you to be the very best version of yourself.
Last edited by ialmostforgot on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:18 am

yeah, still working on this one myself. This has been quite an inspiration:

“Love goes very far beyond the physical person of the beloved. It finds its deepest meaning in his spiritual being, his inner self. Whether or not he is actually present, whether or not he is still alive at all, ceases somehow to be of importance.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

And in that way, you are still allowing the love to flow through you.

I'll check out that video, thanks laptop123.

Oh! "Page Not Found."
https://www.youtube.com/FZVGrAh9KFc?t=37s

laptop123

Post by laptop123 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:50 am

Sorry guys, here is the correct link:

https://youtu.be/FZVGrAh9KFc?t=37s

It will start at 37 seconds in where the answer starts.

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:35 am

laptop123 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:50 am
Sorry guys, here is the correct link:

https://youtu.be/FZVGrAh9KFc?t=37s

It will start at 37 seconds in where the answer starts.
Thanks, good one. She has a beautiful energy and smile. I like that perspective, I've kind of come to it myself in the last couple of years.

The Happiness Lie--that our happiness depends on something or someone outside of us. Well Bashar tells us to be happy for no reason:

"Be Happy. Remember cause and effect are the same event. You don't have to wait for a reason to be happy in order to know you prefer to be happy. Create the effect of being happy, and you will attract into your lives all of the causes to support the happiness you have created.... just because you want to."

So...smile, darn ya, smile :D