Core Differences - Bashar and Abe

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Alice

Core Differences - Bashar and Abe

Post by Alice » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:34 am

ialmostforgot

Re: Core Differences - Bashar and Abe

Post by ialmostforgot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:48 pm

I think the main differences are:

- Abe Hicks deals almost exclusively with the realm of personal reality (and when people ask anything different they end up bringing it back to their turf).

- Bashar talks about pretty much about everything, with special focus on normalizing a future contact.

I'm sure there's a purpose to those perspectives. It seems to me that the main value of Hicks has been to bring to the masses all these concepts. Bashar reminds me more of Seth, they feel more adventurous to me. They don't refrain from any subject matter, except those that are not convenient for some reason to be explore in the moment.

But I think they are both great and complementary. Many times I find myself listening to any of them and making connections to what other might have said.

Billy

Post by Billy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Bashar resonates more with me because he seems more human! I understand the advice of Abraham and where it's coming from but it's almost too removed from reality - too reductionist. The leap of faith doesn't seem such a big leap with Bashar as it does with Abe. That suits my current mind state. I suppose Bashar would say he / she (?) provide more of a permission slip than Abe ...

ialmostforgot

Post by ialmostforgot » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Billy wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:08 pm
Bashar resonates more with me because he seems more human! I understand the advice of Abraham and where it's coming from but it's almost too removed from reality - too reductionist. The leap of faith doesn't seem such a big leap with Bashar as it does with Abe. That suits my current mind state. I suppose Bashar would say he / she (?) provide more of a permission slip than Abe ...
It's funny, because i feel the exact opposite. Bashar feels much more like a mentor/teacher to me. I think it's because with Hicks you have a more complete package of Esther/Jerry/Abraham, many times they explain a point through personal experiences of Esther or Jerry and that to me grounds it in a more human level. This is something that hapenned too with Jane Roberts and R.F. Butts, they allowed the sharing of really personal experiences for tha sake of making more understandable certain things (another reason to be thankful to them, they didn't have to go that far).

Billy

Post by Billy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Horses for courses eh mate ...

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon May 07, 2018 12:29 am

More discussion of differences. What is the difference between Bashar and Abe re negative thinking?
http://www.inwardquest.com/questions/10 ... e-thinking

I like this answer:
Abraham actually tells you to deal with the negative as well- they are just much more subtle about it than Bashar is. Come to think of it, most people are probably more subtle about most things than Bashar is!

;)

It's right there in their introductory CD- they say, if a negative thought won't go away, experience it, and ask: Where did that come from? Then think about good things. That's a direct equivalent of Bashar's technique for dealing with negative beliefs- the description is just more folksy and less technical and mind-expandingly precise.

A questioner actually asked Abe about Bashar once- Abe said it's the same material coming trough a different corridor. The questioner also noted the difference in precision and tone, and Abe said the other corridor (and I assume they mean the Essassani) were smarter than them. And I was very impressed how Abe sounded very matter-of-fact and completely undisturbed about that.

My personal experience, trying the two approaches, is that when you dig up a negative belief you are not so much thinking negative rather than becoming aware of habitual negative thinking. So you allow yourself to feel bad just enough to get the belief, and to not resist it, and then you shift into thinking something positive.

ialmostforgot

Post by ialmostforgot » Mon May 07, 2018 11:23 am

To be honest, I kind of like the "folksy" -as this person puts it- approach. The guiding system analogy was a big deal for me in its moment. Which in Bashar would be the "What would I have to think..." thing.

I remember hearing those answers about Bashar coming from Hicks, but I don't think I ever heard Bashar say anything about Abe Hicks.

Also, Abraham Hicks is not one person or entity. They themselves have said that they are a bunch and they fluctuate depending on the subject matter, etc. Even as I write this I'm feeling that all these words, like "entities", are just efforts to convey realities that to a great degree are out of our grasp.

Alice

Post by Alice » Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 am

ialmostforgot wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:23 am
To be honest, I kind of like the "folksy" -as this person puts it- approach. The guiding system analogy was a big deal for me in its moment. Which in Bashar would be the "What would I have to think..." thing.

I remember hearing those answers about Bashar coming from Hicks, but I don't think I ever heard Bashar say anything about Abe Hicks.

Also, Abraham Hicks is not one person or entity. They themselves have said that they are a bunch and they fluctuate depending on the subject matter, etc. Even as I write this I'm feeling that all these words, like "entities", are just efforts to convey realities that to a great degree are out of our grasp.
I think it is significant that Abe said of Bashar:
it's the same material coming trough a different corridor.

Abe said the same of Seth. That they are the same energy, but the differences in Jane Roberts and Esther Hicks determine how it is expressed.
Abe -- Non physical energy, non physical consciousness is like a very much like a very big library, with everything imaginable in all sorts of combinations
available.And what you describe as Abraham or Ramtha or as any other is an
attraction which has taken place by virtue of physical vibration. In other words there is a misunderstanding that non-physical sits wanting to assert
information into physical experience. Where the reality of it, the agreement is
it is all Law of Attraction, and so it is by virtue of the vibration the wanting
and believing of those physically involved that this attraction process takes
place.

Let us give you a little example. Some years before when Jerry and Esther began interacting with Abraham in this way, Jerry was reading Seth, Seth was a non-physical rascal (Abe....Still is as a matter of fact (group laughter)
..spoken through the mouth of the woman Jane Roberts. As Jerry read books he was still related to many questions, some of what was written did not interest him much of what was written did. But the thing that was most important in this dialogue was that Jerry and Esther were stimulated to questions that books did not answer, and so their vibrating questions, they attracted the energy that we now describe as Abraham. The reality is of it is the energy of Seth and the energy of Abraham are same energy, but it is
received by different beings with different vibrational wanting. Are you getting sense of what we are saying?

Abe: The expression of that which you are calling Seth here in your
physical experience is the same nonphysical energy as that which you
are calling Abraham. It is a family of teachers, we are chips off the
same block, so to speak. But even in all of that sameness, the
interest of Jerry and Esther as compared to the interest of Rob and
Jane is different enough that they have different experiences.
So Bashar, also, is the same energy as Abe, expressed differently through Darryl.

So yeah...I think this takes us into territory that is not easily grasped by our logical 3D minds.

By the way, there was a video where B discussed Abraham, and seemed a bit dismissive. :?

ialmostforgot

Post by ialmostforgot » Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 am

Maybe you are referring to that session in which he talks about The Secret and the LOA, in which he kinds of says that it's all well and good but somehow incomplete in its abe-ish definition.

It's interesting to point out that Seth said that the first contacts with alien species would be telepatic. And he didn't said much else on the matter. I guess he also didn't want to "spoil the beans", as Bashar often says.

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon May 14, 2018 9:50 am

ialmostforgot wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 am
Maybe you are referring to that session in which he talks about The Secret and the LOA, in which he kinds of says that it's all well and good but somehow incomplete in its abe-ish definition.
It is funny how many people equate "The Secret" with the LOA. "The Secret" is a video. LOA is how things work, per one of the Four Absolutes: "What you put out is what you get back." I think you must be aware that Esther was edited out of the video?

People think Abe is simplistic because they themselves have only scratched the surface of the teachings, there are a lot of subtleties.
It's interesting to point out that Seth said that the first contacts with alien species would be telepatic. And he didn't said much else on the matter.
Well, there are the abductions. Seth never touched on them.

I guess he also didn't want to "spoil the beans", as Bashar often says.
I actually wasn't aware Bashar used that phrase. Good one :D