Behave or get banned

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

AlwaysBeNice
-

Behave or get banned

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:03 pm

I like this forum to be one of respect and compassion first and foremost.

Second, this place is also open for humor, silliness and honest feedback, and if it's seemingly crude at times.
We can take responsibility for our own feelings anyways, the only thing that can be hurt is the attached ego.

At the same time, being unnecessarily rude is counter productive and leads to pointless discussions.
Also, mindless trolling, for the sake of being annoying and screaming for attention does not benefit anyone (very different than actual humor), and takes up unnecessary space and time for people to see.

Luckily we always know whether we are one of the other deep down, and 'when in doubt, lean towards the side of compassion', as said in the CwG books.

The new rule
Behave or get banned:
- No hissy fits; no unnecessary personal attacks; no throwing silly tantrums.
- No mindless trolling (Off topic (negative) pointless posts that is actually obscure attention seeking).
- Engaging in unnecessary drama (so if someone crosses the line, make a report or send a PM) (if you want to help someone, given 'all attack is a cry for help (CwG)', send them a PM.

First a warning, then a 1 month ban, then a year ban.

No 'mindless trolling' may seem a bit vague, I will be sensitive and discerning when making the choice to discriminate between when something is innocent or really counter productive and the vast vast majority has nothing to worry about it.

Peace
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

Debbie

Re: Behave or get banned

Postby Debbie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:26 pm

AlwaysBeNice wrote:No hissy fits; no unnecessary personal attacks;

As long as this also applies to Alice, I have no issues with the new rules.

I tried to be nice in a previous post, and she replied with a personal attack. So, treat everyone the same, and I'll be more compassionate from now on.

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:55 pm

I think this is a good idea to encourage people to behave :)

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm

Debbie wrote:
AlwaysBeNice wrote:No hissy fits; no unnecessary personal attacks;

As long as this also applies to Alice, I have no issues with the new rules.

I tried to be nice in a previous post, and she replied with a personal attack. So, treat everyone the same, and I'll be more compassionate from now on.

It applies to everyone.

She did? She doesn't seem to be the one to do that..
And I didn't see anything nor do I see anything now.

But anyways, refrain from this type of drama with another call out after I mentioned this topic after your hissy fit, it's almost asking for it by at this point.

Anyways his whole drama thing is over now here, send a PM or make a report if someone crosses the line in your view.
Thanks for reminding me for a 3rd part on the rule.
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

Alice

Postby Alice » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:49 pm

laptop123 wrote:I think this is a good idea to encourage people to behave :)

I so agree. Thank you, AlwaysBeNice.

Rokazulu

Postby Rokazulu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Oh snap son, the first rule!!
YOU FASCIST!

I'm, of course, just playing around. The "No rules is the only rule" actually worked for a long time! There aren't many online forums that have "no rules" as a rule. I mean even 4chan has/had rules since inception (even if they were arbitrary). I'm proud our community lasted that long and I think we'll be able to have that freedom in our new society once we all integrate our opposites.

mac

Postby mac » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:36 pm

Alice wrote:

Me too.

Light, Luv and Other Shit,

mac

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 am

mac wrote:
Alice wrote:

Me too.

Light, Luv and Other Shit,

mac

You see, this is the kind of negative weird trolly attitude I'm talking about.

What's the intention here, do you want to tell us:
You suddenly make a 180 to change your behavior into actually being more of light and love?
'And other shit'.
So no.

Your intention is to make a mock of Alice, the rule, and for some reason the very principles that underlie the teachings.
I don't appreciate it and I think no one does, except for that weird out of control ego you still have, and even that doesn't serve you.

First warning.

TheInventor

Postby TheInventor » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:25 am

you need to present better definitions of bad behavior. Be Direct
1. No Profanity is allowed

2. Placing links for Ads

3. Trolling? What is that Really? define it.

Complaining is what "Behave or get banned" message is about, from my point of view. I will not capitulate to a person that is
using manipulation (obey what I am complaining about) so that I like it to be (here now)

Define your Complaints, What precisely you mean about "Behave or get banned" message. Rants are not definitions.

4. "What you put out is what you get back"

5. I am a last word freak.

Alice

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:23 am

TheInventor wrote:3. Trolling? What is that Really? define it.

Trolling is posting deliberately provocative messages, being disruptive and argumentative. Flaming.

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:25 am

I've also noticed the increase in useless messages. I don't consider myself enlightened enough to have the right to delete them but it does bring down the excitement quite a bit. It's as if this forum is no longer a safe haven for unique ideas and discussions due to fear of mockery or otherwise.

Alice

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:15 am

xplosiw wrote:I've also noticed the increase in useless messages. I don't consider myself enlightened enough to have the right to delete them but it does bring down the excitement quite a bit. It's as if this forum is no longer a safe haven for unique ideas and discussions due to fear of mockery or otherwise.

Probably the best thing is the oft-heard advice, "Don't feed the trolls." IOW, don't respond.
Did I really need to inform "wilburn" there was no copyright on the Bashar/Michael transcript (after he made a dig about that)? No.
But I did. Hopefully I'm learning.

Not sure how effective banning would be. I think people can always re-register under a different name.

TheInventor

Postby TheInventor » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Not sure how effective banning would be. I think people can always re-register under a different name.[/quote]

Banning Forces a person to create a temp email account, and register here if they wish. It is better than nothing, which is status quo.

I dont believe the Mods here will do anything, complaining about what the Trolls did, is what they enjoy, delecting their account is the only thing you can do; anything else rewards their actions.

deleting accounts, makes them create a new one. Everything posted warnings, suspensions are meaningless as was the first post.

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:34 am

Of course, anyone whose posts get on your nerves, can be put on your Foe list. You can do that in your User Control panel.

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:29 pm

TheInventor wrote:you need to present better definitions of bad behavior. Be Direct

2. Placing links for Ads

Complaining is what "Behave or get banned" message is about, from my point of view. I will not capitulate to a person that is
using manipulation (obey what I am complaining about) so that I like it to be (here now)

Define your Complaints, What precisely you mean about "Behave or get banned" message. Rants are not definitions.

Adds were already a rule, profanity can be fine, just words.

I can simply see whether someone is here solely or mostly to create a fuss.
And if they are not willing to change now, then they simply get a temporary ban.

If they feel it's necessary to change their IP and create a new account, so be it.

Alice

Postby Alice » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:49 am

AlwaysBeNice wrote:
TheInventor wrote:you need to present better definitions of bad behavior. Be Direct

2. Placing links for Ads

Adds were already a rule, profanity can be fine, just words.

I can simply see whether someone is here solely or mostly to create a fuss.
And if they are not willing to change now, then they simply get a temporary ban.

If they feel it's necessary to change their IP and create a new account, so be it.

I assume you instigated this forum, thanks. And thanks for keeping it a safe space for sharing.

themaster

Postby themaster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:56 am

I don't like the title of this thread.. I think ahh it should be softened or maybe just locked? or deleted.

The first thing this title does is evoke fear... etc. (I've personally been banned or removed from many MANY forums) :)
I really don't like signatures.. but here goes.. my public talk with b https://vimeo.com/218534595

Alice

Postby Alice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm

themaster wrote:I don't like the title of this thread.. I think ahh it should be softened or maybe just locked? or deleted.

The first thing this title does is evoke fear... etc. (I've personally been banned or removed from many MANY forums) :)

I've been banned from a few. IMO the thread title was warranted and none too soon. A few people seemed set on trolling and put-downs for quite a while.

No one has anything to fear here. No one's been banned. AlwaysBeNice is very tolerant and flexible in his rules. Anyone having issues can PM him.

wilburn

Postby wilburn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 am

Alice wrote:Of course, anyone whose posts get on your nerves, can be put on your Foe list. You can do that in your User Control panel.
explain to me how i get you on mine then?
please keep your replies under 100 words or i wont be reading them.

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:20 am

wilburn wrote:
Alice wrote:Of course, anyone whose posts get on your nerves, can be put on your Foe list. You can do that in your User Control panel.
explain to me how i get you on mine then?

Top right corner of the page, click your name, user control panel, friends & foes tab, go to foes and add Alice. You can use the "Find member" too if you are having difficulties writing the name :)

Return to “Announcements”