The Empowerment of Being You - Summarized

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

mac

Re: The Empowerment of Being You - Summarized

Postby mac » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:14 pm

The main problem with stealing B's materials and breaking the copyright laws is that too may ppl on this forum refuse to admit that they are nothing more then common criminals and thieves.

Period.

lplplpx3

Re: The Empowerment of Being You - Summarized

Postby lplplpx3 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:46 am

aharmony wrote:
AlwaysBeNice wrote:Oh, I apologize.

When I saw:
Bashar: 'detailed description' I thought it was just quotes.

That would be good then I think!
Yeah, we should be able to talk about what was said, though there might be some risk (only a first warning) involved if it's really close to the original sentences, does anyone know more about law here?

That's alright! I don't want you to get in trouble though...perhaps I can just offer my summary to anyone who wants it via PM?

Hi aharmony I would love to see your summary but as I am new to the forum I cannot PM you. Also as far as copyright, it allows for "fair use". I quote directly from copyright.gov - fair use is: (in US copyright law) the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.

As an author (not a lawyer) who deals with this all the time I think its safe to say that your summary falls under criticism/investigation/discussion etc. A few direct lines are fine but just not paragraphs and paragraphs and as you changed most of it up I don't see the harm but like I said I'm not a lawyer so its just up to everyones discretion. Hope that helps!

Return to “Discuss the (latest) Bashar sessions here”