Experiment:6 months of much less thinking

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

Rokazulu

Re: Experiment:6 months of much less thinking

Postby Rokazulu » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxRgpsrpGg

This one helped me more than anything.

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:06 pm

I will check it out

Rokazulu

Postby Rokazulu » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:51 pm

laptop123 wrote:I will check it out

How goes your non-thinking?

Someone on this board somewhere said that this dimension is not designed for thinking. Is this true? I have heard that is what we are exploring in the physical is the idea of the separation from the knowingness which creates the thoughts.

I think (here I go again) that thinking is only useful when you must communicate an idea or while doing something creative. Every other time it is just useless and takes you out of the moment.

I find myself constantly thinking about conversations I will have with people or have had with people and what I could have said to make myself more clear or more truthful to my beliefs. Anyone else do this?

I would like to better trust that I will have ALL the information I need when I need it at the time I need it, then I wouldn't think about anything at all! I like thinking because it gives me creative ideas so I think quite a bit. However, I don't like thinking because it takes away from the good sensations of my body and the moment.

I am thinking (yep) that I should make space for creative brainstorming 30 minutes a day, then every other moment that doesn't involve communication such as this, or creative work such as my animations or designs, that I then do my best to stay present.

P.S.: Again I remember someone on this board somewhere said that this dimension is not designed for thinking. (Anyone know if this is accurate?)

wilburn

Postby wilburn » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:33 pm

i did imo a bunch of crap
please keep your replies under 100 words or i wont be reading them.

themaster

Postby themaster » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:32 am

Rokazulu wrote:

How goes your non-thinking?

Someone on this board somewhere said that this dimension is not designed for thinking. Is this true?

pretty much is.. bashar has said as much.

If you pay attention to bashar's material for the last few years.. he is talking about us being characters/being channelers.. he's talked alot about channeling the soul.. I think in like 'game of chess' one of his phrases about thinking goes like..

b: you don't even know what thinking is. you weren't designed to do it.. and then he explained their are beings designed to think and were not it and wouldn't know it..

my private with bashar was a lot about this subject.. since I wanted the ego to design and create reality (in some ways) and bashar just said

" you must use the reality the way it was designed"

me: I thought it could

b: it cannot

Rokazulu wrote:I think (here I go again) that thinking is only useful when you must communicate an idea or while doing something creative. Every other time it is just useless and takes you out of the moment.

again I don't think we think.. probably we just channel thinking :)

I mean who is so brilliant on this planet that could think up the movie the matrix or inception or star wars or harry potter?

Is george lucas just a brilliant thinker? fuck no he's a channeler.. receptive of ideas via channel (he may not know it's channeling.. but that's all it is)

Is J.K. Rowling the most brilliant thinker on planet?? again no.. she channeled.. how the fuck did stephen king author 100's of books? easy-peasy he channeled them.. there are tons and tons of channels on this planet pulling information from non-physical consciousness/ourselves.. we just don't call it what it is.. it's channeling. end of story. and many of us our extremely talented at it.. even if we don't apply the proper labels at all times.. remember bashar: watch your definitions! :)

This is not the first time I've channeled this piece.. I've had some practice :)

themaster

Postby themaster » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:49 am

Rokazulu wrote:I find myself constantly thinking about conversations I will have with people or have had with people and what I could have said to make myself more clear or more truthful to my beliefs. Anyone else do this?

I think all humans do as long as there is ego or the rational mind... it's still done in the imagination which is real.. but we apply our filters/beliefs that it is not..

Rokazulu wrote:I like thinking because it gives me creative ideas

yes I'm sure you do like channeling we all do :)

Rokazulu wrote:I am thinking (yep) that I should make space for creative brainstorming 30 minutes a day, then every other moment that doesn't involve communication such as this, or creative work such as my animations or designs, that I then do my best to stay present.

yes, go and get you some downloads (coincidentally bashar did name a transmission "downloads"?)

Rokazulu wrote:P.S.: Again I remember someone on this board somewhere said that this dimension is not designed for thinking. (Anyone know if this is accurate?)

very accurate bashar has said it, I can confirm that much.. which session I cannot say.. but he said it several times!

Remember this is the dream! The real reality is the dream! :P Remember you haven't left non-physical and you are choosing through thousands of realities/already existing parallel earths per second the one that is right for you! (yep, yep that bashar guy has said a lot of stuff) ;)

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:01 am

Rokazulu wrote:How goes your non-thinking?

Terrible :)
This is a lot harder for me than I expected.

However I still pursue this with some energy... If I find a practical sustainable technique/solution, I will apply it.

Rokazulu

Postby Rokazulu » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:12 pm

themaster wrote:
b: you don't even know what thinking is. you weren't designed to do it..

This definitely helps. I changed my definitions to differentiate the "thinking" to be that of the ego controlling the situation (me directing conversations in my head) and channeling to be the creative endeavour.

labtop123 wrote:This is a lot harder for me than I expected.

That is just the thinking mind that thinks it is hard.

mac

Postby mac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:52 pm

How about a post from someone who claims to have known Barry Long...for what he was?

http://spiritualteachers.proboards.com/post/1466

Alice

Postby Alice » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
themaster wrote:
b: you don't even know what thinking is. you weren't designed to do it..

This definitely helps. I changed my definitions to differentiate the "thinking" to be that of the ego controlling the situation (me directing conversations in my head) and channeling to be the creative endeavour.

labtop123 wrote:This is a lot harder for me than I expected.

That is just the thinking mind that thinks it is hard.

Reading this thread, I am reminded of:
A writer who sits down and writes a novel does not "think up" his story and his characters. He simply puts himself in the position of someone who is going to write a story, then he observes the thoughts and ideas that cross his consciousness. On and on they come and he rejects them, until finally there comes an idea which appeals to him. This idea he takes unto himself and examines and then accepts. Now...he is in the position of writing a story about a man who is alone on a desert island....on the stream of thoughts come...and now he is writing a story about a man who is marooned on a desert island by pirates. And so it goes...in no case does he "think them up." His entire story, once assembled and written, is simply evidence of the thousands of choices he has made from the thoughts that have streamed through his mind. He has not thought up a thing; he has simply exercised choice. His story tells you what he has accepted; nothing will ever tell you the millions of ideas and thoughts which he has rejected. - from Three Magic Words by U.S. Andersen

mac

Postby mac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Alice wrote:- from Three Magic Words by U.S. Andersen

I had to look back to my storage of books to find this work, and others, by Andersen. I'll read from and other sources and my notes from 1970ish (before you were born). I am surprised that you endorse this author, see below bolded.

"This read was like homework; boring, superfluous, convoluted, patriarchal and exclusive. It is all about men. I had forgotten what it was like to read a so-called metaphysical book that excludes half of the human race. The title draws you in but the more you read you feel something is wrong. When I thought I knew where he was going I went to the end chapter which says it all "You Are Not God"

The creator creates for you exactly what you think says Andersen.

I think not.

Perhaps you meant Ian Anderson, Alice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMS-NJ7VxU

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 am

Many five star reviews of U.S. Andersen's book Three Magic Words, at Amazon. Here are a couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars
The Only Book You Need On Law of Attraction
ByAmericanWoman2012on January 4, 2013
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
Before there was Abraham and The Secret, there was Three Magic Words, a complete program for understanding and achieving using the Laws of the Universe. If you liked the Bible, you'll like Three Magic Words and find it a more updated practical companion guide for applying this favorite tome to real life. A client gave this book to me in 1997 in a time of crisis and I was able to manifest a complete change in my life in a matter of a short few months it took me to master it (that is, getting a job I needed, selling my house, extra money, security, moving across the country and having it paid for, and more bells and whistles than I can convey) but I still find that doing the 12 affirmations every day and using the "30 Day Mental Diet" (no negative thoughts) is the best way to manifest whatever miracle I need from money and it is NOT "easy" as The Secret and others would pretend, it is the hardest work there is, but it is the right work, the right tool for the job. I have recently heard that "The Secret" was actually written based on Three Magic Words (which makes perfect sense to me right down to the story about how she acquired the book), except that the author left out the aspect of the hard work and focus. Every 50 years or so someone re-discovers the truth and writes a book about it and others capitalize on it. This is the one for my generation....I have bought a dozen or more copies over the last 15 years and I continue to buy new ones to give away, to replace ones that wear out and to always have extra copies on hand. Right now I am tacking the biggest manifestation program I've ever had and even though I've had to start over a couple of times, there is no system better than U.S. Andersen's Three Magic Words as the core program for manifesting whatever miracle, change, or way of life becomes your dream.

5.0 out of 5 stars
This Book Changes Everything!
ByCTon November 22, 2013
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase
When I started on my Spiritual Path, this wonderful book was my inspiration and understanding of how to re-imagine myself and understand how the world and Universe works. That was in the 70's. I think of this book so lovingly and credit it for the wonderful new world it opened in my mind. I had never met my Observer and without this books' guidance, was unequipped to deal with all the problems life had brought to my door. Understanding my inner power and observing and choosing my thoughts plus doing the work began to help me reach an equilibrium I needed so desperately. I was able to heal my Crohn's, and the stresses in my life and eventually become so successful in business that I far surpassed my dreams for my life! This book has been my support system. I go back to it to remind myself of the lessons I still need to make a part of myself. I worked very hard for a number of years to gain equilibrium and am fond of saying to those just starting on the Path that once you get far enough, the lessons stop being something outside of you, and the just becomes part of who you are. There is an ease to life then. Be Patient!

ViaGateway99

Postby ViaGateway99 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:20 am

laptop123 wrote:
Rokazulu wrote:How goes your non-thinking?

Terrible :)
This is a lot harder for me than I expected.

However I still pursue this with some energy... If I find a practical sustainable technique/solution, I will apply it.

When I first started meditating I was very frustrated, it seemed when I meditated the number of thought streams went up dramatically, so much so that I had to go for hours before I could make progress, this progress over time became noticeable but the benefits were usually only temporary as the thoughts would in some cases come back.

One thing I recommend doing is looking to understand why you think the thoughts that you do. They all have a purpose and once you start the exploration you will likely be very surprised at how fast you can make peace and think less. Most of the thoughts I found are fear based in some direct or indirect way. They all come from beliefs we have within. Bring them to light and change them.

Return to “Anything else!”