Experiment:6 months of much less thinking

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

laptop123

Experiment:6 months of much less thinking

Postby laptop123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:38 am

Hello

I am starting an experiment today to see what changes in my life over 6 months (law of attraction) by easing the thing that causes most of our resistance: the thinking mind. My biggest weakness is that I try to think my way through life, making law of attraction exceptionally hard to apply (because how you feel is what you attract).

After years of looking into law of attraction, bashar, abraham, eckhart and others, my intellectual conclusion is: stop thinking.

I will reduce the energy charge in my mind (which is where our resistance comes from), by not feeding it more with more thoughts.

Any thoughts such as those below i still stop (considering it irrelevant to the present moment):
- thoughts of future (only minimal required planning will be done where relevant)
- thoughts of past
- fears of something that will not kill me (by realizing its not my fear, its the fear of the thinker).

I have anxiety attacks, panic attacks and IBS. So a fear can be active in me for hours to days. This will be a challenge, but i believe it gets easier.

Any trail of thought that is not relevant to the now moment (so future/past thoughts) i will drop. It may take a bit of time to get better at this, which is why i am giving it a 6 months before i review this new direction.

I will also live much on this:
- I know what i need to know, when i need to know it,
- I have what i need, when i need.

I do computer programming as a day job, so that does not help... however the now is still the focus point.

laptop123

Re: Experiment:6 months of much less thinking

Postby laptop123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:22 am

However, just as importantly, meditation (or mindfulness practice) enables us to become less identified with our thought-chatter. It helps us to stand back from our thoughts, and just watch them flowing by, as if we’re sitting on a river bank watching the river. Thoughts are fuelled by the attention we give to them - when we become immersed in them, their momentum increases. So this detachment itself has the effect of slowing down thought-chatter. It also means that we’re less vulnerable to the ‘emotional overspill’ of negative thoughts. We’re able to say to ourselves, ‘Oh well, there goes another negative thought – I don’t have to pay attention to it.’

Taken from https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201503/can-you-stop-thinking

themaster

Postby themaster » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 am

laptop123 wrote:After years of looking into law of attraction, bashar, abraham, eckhart and others, my intellectual conclusion is: stop thinking

easier said then done.. :lol:

To do so really would probably for you to feel more.. and hell that's a thought.. lol

So were clear.. you were born a creator.. so it really is your job to create.. and since a little imagination is part of that.. this also seems highly illogical :P

laptop123 wrote:I have anxiety attacks, panic attacks and IBS. So a fear can be active in me for hours to days. This will be a challenge, but i believe it gets easier.

ahh I think you think.. too much :P

Why not roll out bashar's follow your excitement..? while that's definitely hard too (depends on how you define it) I would take a page from him vs. this your own idea.. they are after all smarter then us.. Image that's why they define things using their super smart intelligence or seeing.. and so in theory they do know much better then us..

laptop123 wrote:Any trail of thought that is not relevant to the now moment (so future/past thoughts) i will drop. It may take a bit of time to get better at this, which is why i am giving it a 6 months before i review this new direction.

I will also live much on this:

I do computer programming as a day job, so that does not help... however the now is still the focus point.

hmmm...

laptop123 wrote:However, just as importantly, meditation (or mindfulness practice) enables us to become less identified with our thought-chatter. It helps us to stand back from our thoughts, and just watch them flowing by, as if we’re sitting on a river bank watching the river. Thoughts are fuelled by the attention we give to them - when we become immersed in them, their momentum increases. So this detachment itself has the effect of slowing down thought-chatter. It also means that we’re less vulnerable to the ‘emotional overspill’ of negative thoughts. We’re able to say to ourselves, ‘Oh well, there goes another negative thought – I don’t have to pay attention to it.’

Abraham used to say.. "don't try to control your thoughts instead... choose better feeling thoughts"

Alice

Postby Alice » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:23 am

Thinking is fine, just don't identify with your thoughts. Be the watcher.

"Don't judge or analyse what you observe. Watch the thought, feel the emotion, observe the reaction. Don't make a personal problem out of them. You will then feel something more powerful than any of those things that you observe: the still, observing presence itself behind the content of your mind, the silent watcher."

~ Eckhart Tolle

"…You are not your body. You are not your emotions. You have
emotions. You are as independent of your thoughts and emotions as you
are of bacon and eggs. Do not identify with your thoughts and
emotions. "

-Seth

laptop123 wrote:I will also live much on this:

I like those 8-)

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:40 am

@ themaster: I have tried all the things you mentioned for years... countless hours of bashar material... and here I am years later on the maximum dose of anti anxiety medication.

at first there was good life improvement with Bashar - but it stagnated very quickly... Year after year unable to go out with friends, or have a beer due to health issues caused by stress. I carry a bag of medicine with me wherever I go (for years). My head will never STFU, probably because Bashar's tools tend to cause MORE mind chatter since you often watch your own thoughts, then you ask yourself what would have have to believe is true... you end up feeding your mind more energy, instead of balancing it. Choosing better feeling thoughts is what started my anxiety attacks - because you end up not dealing with what is bothering you...you redirect... So Abraham Hicks literally landed my in hospital in the past multiple times :)

Oh and I am still in an office job with endless complexity and mental challenge (programming). I think it is slowly killing me - and for years on and off, i have been trying to get some other income stream/job that I am excited about - so far I got nothing.

So its time to test out something else from a different person/system: Eckhart Tolle, where you completely dis-empower the over active thinking mind... different approach... I will take what works for me from both Bashar and Eckart.

I will still be using the excitement formula within reason... But I have been doing that for years...

themaster

Postby themaster » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:54 am

laptop123 wrote:@ themaster: I have tried all the things you mentioned for years... countless hours of bashar material... and here I am years later on the maximum dose of anti anxiety medication.

ohh :?: welcome to the club :lol:

laptop123 wrote:on the maximum dose of anti anxiety medication.

ohh you mean a "permission slip" ? :)

-------

let me tell you why bashar was not my last teacher :D :P

After studying bashar and abraham material for several years.. I went to bashar in that video you've seen of mine or not? but anyway..

I went to talk to bashar with specific reason.. cause I was saying I wanted to do something! It wasn't enough to keep studying bashar information...

And when I did that I was given a pathway (law of attraction) to do something.. but the question is what do you want to do?

I mean I know what I want to do.. I wanted instant manifestation with specifics and using law of attraction I did create a pathway.. long it may be.. semi-hard or work related it may be.. but it was created for me and I'm still following it :)

So what is it you wish to really change here, really?

laptop123 wrote:at first there was good life improvement with Bashar - but it stagnated very quickly... Year after year unable to go out with friends, or have a beer due to health issues caused by stress. I carry a bag of medicine with me wherever I go (for years). My head will never STFU, probably because Bashar's tools tend to cause MORE mind chatter since you often watch your own thoughts, then you ask yourself what would have have to believe is true... you end up feeding your mind more energy, instead of balancing it. Choosing better feeling thoughts is what started my anxiety attacks - because you end up not dealing with what is bothering you...you redirect... So Abraham Hicks literally landed my in hospital in the past multiple times :)

Oh and I am still in an office job with endless complexity and mental challenge (programming). I think it is slowly killing me - and for years on and off, i have been trying to get some other income stream/job that I am excited about - so far I got nothing.

So its time to test out something else from a different person/system: Eckhart Tolle, where you completely dis-empower the over active thinking mind... different approach... I will take what works for me from both Bashar and Eckart.

I will still be using the excitement formula within reason... But I have been doing that for years...

if you want to do something.. then I recommend you take up healing.. try out EFT, try out every healing method out there till you find something works.. reiki etc. would be a good start..

When it comes to the real problems of the word.. I've always honestly thought bashar's methods suck.. it was my 3rd teacher(s) who taught me about healing and energy work.. and I'm still working with them today.

So I'm sorry that were primitive, we have poor education.. poor understandings.. but hey you're here to take on the challenge of this game to whatever you can handle.. so if you wish to do?? this is where I would start and it's just advice.. nothing wrong with your experiment.. just adding some advice/spice to the mix is all :)

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:18 am

I really like the title of this book :)

Postby Newbie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:29 pm

I have a very thinking mind as well and the more I encountered situations, the louder the mental chatter became. I agree, Bashar is great but sometimes I have over-analyzed circumstances to make sure I was applying all the right methods and that is a sure way to go crazy. Should I think this way or that way, practice this or that, this may lead to that and so on. So personally for me staying present helps a lot. It's good to have a working knowledge of how beliefs, human mind work but applying those on a daily basis will get you entangled. I remember once I was having not so good thoughts about a loved one and he had a muscle cramp. I felt so guilty that my law of attraction thoughts caused it, that I passed out literally :D That's why I think Ho'oponopono, staying present, ACIM practices help a lot which keep you focused on the current. A video on this -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTFDfR47dl4

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:34 am

Update: I have realized the cause of all my thinking activity is based on the physical mind trying to control things (as Bashar says, it was not designed to do that job, and it does not have the capacity to do it). That is the cause even of social anxiety (controlling life or what people think of you, react to you, how they treat you) and basically all fears.

So that is my new focus - letting go of control. I will probably be in a total state of ecstasy if i manage to do this based on what i have read about this.

Gabrielle Bernstein: “Whenever you're afraid, it's proof that you've turned your back on love and chosen to have faith in the ego.”

Even if you can’t quite get on board the love train, don’t worry about it. Just start telling yourself “if love did not create it, it is not real.” Trust me on this. You’ll have a whole new perspective on your situation. It’s amazing how solutions suddenly occur to you once you’re no longer trapped in the fear/anxiety loop.
from http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4213/Free-Yourself-From-Your-Ego-in-3-Easy-Steps.html

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Deeper realization: control comes from past pain & trauma :)
Release the pain, then the intense charge on control should soften (taming the beast so its easier to work with).

So i got this now as a little boost:
http://www.brainsync.com/audio-store/su ... et-go.html

i put it on while doing other things (not expecting anything to feel different for a few days), and i must say, i think i am having release within the first few minutes of listening. i feel things happening in my body... i feel heaviness moving, i feel light pains that come and go (legs, body).. things flowing in my chest... feeling of tears without actual tears, some mini cries... seems highly effective in releasing trapped stuff!

Alice

Postby Alice » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:01 pm

laptop123 wrote:Deeper realization: control comes from past pain & trauma :)
Release the pain, then the intense charge on control should soften (taming the beast so its easier to work with).

So i got this now as a little boost:
http://www.brainsync.com/audio-store/su ... et-go.html

i put it on while doing other things (not expecting anything to feel different for a few days), and i must say, i think i am having release within the first few minutes of listening. i feel things happening in my body... i feel heaviness moving, i feel light pains that come and go (legs, body).. things flowing in my chest... feeling of tears without actual tears, some mini cries... seems highly effective in releasing trapped stuff!

How are you doing now? Update?

Have you tried Ho'oponopono? I have a very active mind also...Ho'oponopono helps keep me centered and peaceful.
http://consciouslifenews.com/heal-heart ... /1166691/#

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:43 pm

why was my response deleted? This is not the first time this has happened.

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Moderator logs don't show any deleted posts by you. Probably network error.

Alice

Postby Alice » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:06 pm

laptop123 wrote:why was my response deleted? This is not the first time this has happened.

If it was your reply to my question, hope you will try again. Or PM me.

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Sorry - let me try posting again.

I think the idea works great (i even felt some of my health issues improve), but I got side tracked by 2 things almost all this time (which is a good lesson to learn cause those 2 things got me no where).

I realized that the mind will almost always (when you feed it energy) have something to moan/chase after/worry/be angry about. When you consider that, its easy to watch it and know it is the thinker, and I am watching it like a noisy dog barking - and feel a release/freedom from the emotions.

If you look for the thinker in others, its easier to notice it in yourself in your daily habits/patterns that you are not even aware of.

I am back on this as your reply made me aware of how side tracked i was! The book 'practicing the power of now' is exceptionally potent - i still have not read much more than 30 pages (spread out over the book)... I read one little section at a time and i might work on just a paragraph of insight for a few days.

I must say - WOW - I sometimes would see the thinker in other people and how they pointlessly suffer negative thoughts... So much pain caused by an overcharged thinking mind... A mind that is the wrong tool for the job for most things in life (even though it tries to tell us that it knows best). As bashar says, the ego insists in holding a steering wheel in its hands, but it does not know that the steering wheel is not connected to anything :)

I am learning to give less credit to negative thoughts as I see their fakeness (i think i made up a word there) - but this requires daily practice to get the hang of. Daily you have to put your awareness energy in your body instead of the mind - this seems to get easier until i go back to work.

These two things got me side tracked:
a) when i got back to work, my head started buzzing again (lots of noise)
b) I thought i found a way to get rich and life an easy life (stock market)

I now make more effort to withdraw attention from the mind at work (a few times a day) and to put the attention into my body.

I hope to post positive news as i practice this, and perhaps you will post your own progress/learnings.

If you have any questions/issues please post here, i am happy to help as our information helps each other.

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Update: I have now worked well on this for 5.5 days in a row - even while at work, and I am happy to report:

a) MUCH reduced anxiety/fear,
b) 2x small lottery winnings :)

What do I do:
- In the morning and evening I have a short meditation:
a) First progressive relaxation from toes to head,
b) Then i just focus on releasing any main tensions that i am aware of, especially around my nose/sinuses and eyes,
c) I focus on the feeling/sensation of being inside my body.

- Throughout the day as i remember to do this, i put my awareness in my body (this is easier to do if you meditated in the morning)
- Whenever I notice my mind thinking thoughts/worries/blabber/politics/controlling life/too serious, i put my attention back on being aware of my body.

Oh, for the lotto i was listining to this every day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0iKxGKAtgM

I consider it cheating on my plan though... but it does do the job of making the 'thinker' relax a little when it becomes active.

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks for sharing! Very glad you are making such great progress. And congrats on the lottery winnings :) You mentioned Power of Now.
When Tolle was writing it, he didn't have a home of his own, and he was using up his savings. He played the lottery and won 1000 that was enough to keep him going while he finished the book. A good example of how we are supported when we're following our excitement!

I agree body awareness is key. This is why yoga is so calming, especially when accompanied by deep breathing.
This is a very user-friendly program, and is similar to Tibetan yoga:
http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

laptop123 wrote:So much pain caused by an overcharged thinking mind... A mind that is the wrong tool for the job for most things in life (even though it tries to tell us that it knows best). As bashar says, the ego insists in holding a steering wheel in its hands, but it does not know that the steering wheel is not connected to anything :)

Ha, I actually hadn't heard that one before! i can still get anxious and go into overdrive when my security seems threatened, I went through this recently. It all worked out, but not because I was trying to steer! Indeed, that wheel is not connected to anything :lol:

I'll check out that lottery video. You might also appreciate:

laptop123

Postby laptop123 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Something to try if your mind cant stop thinking, i seem to feel very nice after 15 minutes, as if my solar plexus is glowing with peace.

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:53 pm

laptop123 wrote:Something to try if your mind cant stop thinking, i seem to feel very nice after 15 minutes, as if my solar plexus is glowing with peace.

Listening now. Do you feel it is effective to listen while surfing the Web? Do we need to look at the symbol, too?

Don't know if you've seen this. Tom Kenyon has a number of sound meditations freely available at his site, that i really like.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=476

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:49 am

Return to “Anything else!”