What's your greatest accomplishment in life?

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

xplosiw

What's your greatest accomplishment in life?

Post by xplosiw » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Lately I've been contemplating this idea of accomplishing something great in my life. Something good for the society. But I've started to feel like it doesn't matter, this society is an illusion after all, that a balanced family life might be more important than advancements in science or spirituality. I don't feel like it's all that great to be a public figure, it seems that whenever people admire someone they turn out to be less than ideal in real life. People project the ideal personality to the figure and it turns out to be false after all.

So, as a guy in my early 20s, I'm wondering what are your life accomplishments? Do you feel like you have contributed something to our society that makes a difference? I guess I'm looking for a scale to measure myself against to determine what's appropriate and what is a failure. I know this is not in alignment with what Bashar would say but these are the ideas brought down to me by my family and by our society and by myself. You know, we admire people like Elon Musk or Steve Jobs for what they are doing but not everyone can be the next Bill Gates, and even if you are that person, are you even responsible for the success or is it that your employees did the job for you?

Do you have something worth mentioning or has it all been relatively personal, things that don't affect the collective all that much?

Thank you for sharing! Much appreciated :)

mac

Re: What's your greatest accomplishment in life?

Post by mac » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Just take care of yourself, the rest will flow.

AlwaysBeNice
-

Post by AlwaysBeNice » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:49 pm

What God shows people in Near Death experiences is that their earthly achievements are of little importance, but acts of love are (though of course, they may correlate):

In CwG with God also speaks that spiritual growth and knowing to be God and Love in the physical are the purpose of our lives, that is also my experience, last time I shed some heavy emotions and really grew I really felt like: 'yes, this is what my life is really about', and it's so beautiful.

My answer would be, to incarnate on earth. We can all be really proud of ourselves. :mrgreen:
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

AlwaysBeNice
-

Post by AlwaysBeNice » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:51 pm

By the way, as Bashar also says, your purpose is to be yourself as fully as you can.
You think this is easy, but we live so so limited compared to our potential, in this case, 4 year olds that act silly and do what the fuck they want in the moment are good teachers imo.
So are the Buddha, the Christ, and see how much of an impact they made, same with Ramana Maharshi.
Spiritual growth is not of little importance/impact to the world.
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

myst

Post by myst » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:54 pm

I had the same idea when I was your age. I decided to become a scientist and develop a theory that would add to humanity's understanding of reality. After many years of study and research, my theory was published in a prestigious international journal and subsequently cited by many other scientists. It was satisfying to set such a goal for myself and then to achieve it, but that achievement is not what has the greatest meaning in my life. There were other notable accomplishments but what stands above everything else in my memory was the rescue of a drowning child.

The best advice I have found for choosing a path in life is that given by Don Juan through Carlos Castaneda:

"Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. This question is one that only a very old man asks. My benefactor told me about it once when I was young, and my blood was too vigorous for me to understand it. Now I do understand it. I will tell you what it is: Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere. My benefactor's question has meaning now. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you."

AlwaysBeNice
-

Post by AlwaysBeNice » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Myst are you interested in doing experiments with Bashar info or are you too out of any relevant field?

xplosiw

Post by xplosiw » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:41 pm

mac wrote:Just take care of yourself, the rest will flow.
Simple and powerful, thank you.

AlwaysBeNice wrote:What God shows people in Near Death experiences is that their earthly achievements are of little importance, but acts of love are (though of course, they may correlate):
That was very beautiful, made me cry a little bit. Thank you for sharing :)

myst

Post by myst » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:18 am

AlwaysBeNice wrote:Myst are you interested in doing experiments with Bashar info or are you too out of any relevant field?
Sorry about the delay in responding. I was preoccupied by the election in the US.

I finally discovered and read your The Bashar science project! thread. When I heard about those experiments I had an urge to do them myself. But honestly, I'm not in a position anymore to do much physical experimenting. But I support your efforts and will follow them with interest.

When I was younger and more involved in Science, I read the Seth material (channeled by Jane Roberts). There are numerous scientific concepts mentioned that I found exciting. However, they were not very detailed as Jane did not possess an adequate scientific vocabulary. This information caught the attention of other scientists though, at least one of whom had a session with Jane/Seth to get more information.

Over time, I drifted away from hard science into metaphysics and spirituality. I felt as though my time was better spent learning as much as I could from sources who already had knowledge far beyond conventional science.