Romantic love

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Romantic love

Post by Newbie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:19 am

I'm curious about how romantic love fits into the equation. Why is there such a pull towards romantic love? Most of the people have experienced true love from their parents, still romantic relationships are sought after. Is there a lesson there too? What teaching would romantic relationships provide that we do not get from other relationships also based on love ie family.

Symbiotx

Re: Romantic love

Post by Symbiotx » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Bashar says that the purpose of relationships is to discover more about yourself. A romantic relationship would just be a relationship in which you permit yourself a different set of things that are allowable to discover more about yourself. Obviously, you wouldn't act the same way in a relationship with a family member that you would a romantic interest. You aren't going to do the same sort of things together as you would with other relationships. It's a permission slip for different things.

When I heard this definition, I was a little thrown off because I had always seen romantic relationships as a comfort/companion sort of situation, but never an opportunity to discover more about myself. This has confused me a bit about why I'm in a relationship and if it should be permanent or not.

AlwaysBeNice
-

Post by AlwaysBeNice » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm

I find them overrated (not not worth striving for perse, but simply overrated by our society and I love Bashar's perspectives of them:
- ''The first relation ship starts with yourself."
- When asked about not being single anymore; "You have been single your entirely live."
- "You use the partner you are in love with as an excuse to allow yourself to feel more loved."
- "Everyone that you meet in the moment you meet them is your soul mate, in a sense."
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

mac

Post by mac » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Newbie wrote:I'm curious about how romantic love fits into the equation. Why is there such a pull towards romantic love? Most of the people have experienced true love from their parents, still romantic relationships are sought after. Is there a lesson there too? What teaching would romantic relationships provide that we do not get from other relationships also based on love ie family.
That it is necessary to procreate to keep the human race in existence.

Post by Newbie » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:33 am

Thanks for your replies.
When asked about not being single anymore; "You have been single your entirely lives. "
- This is truly amazing. Kinda feels liberating :) . Now, if only they stop making movies that glorify the belief of another person being the answer to all your prayers :lol:

To Mac - Thanks for your reply but I don't think that's the whole idea. For example on Bashar's planet too there is procreation (or there was until some time back) but they don't view romantic relationships like we do. Procreation is definitely a reason for humans but there's gotta be more. Fidelity could also be a factor.

themaster

Post by themaster » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:28 am

I recall the answer is just permission is granted to love yourself.. so people use the other person 'as permission' to allow them to love themselves....
Most of the people have experienced true love from their parents, still romantic relationships are sought after
no you got that wrong.. parents only know how to love conditionally.. (that's how they were taught) the same is usually used in relationship love too..

I conditionally love you if you behave and be this way.. but if you don't take out the trash for me.. I no longer conditionally love you.. if you change your hair style, suddenly become a nudist.. sorry I don't conditionally love you anymore.. change for me/do these things for me.. and I will offer my conditional love again..

see this is why bashar will preach a lot about "unconditional love" because it's unnncccoonditional.. see quotes for example of what bashar calls unconditional love
Q: I have another question this is about my brother

B: Yes

Q: Umm, since I've know him my whole life he's always had a very negative presence

B: Alright

Q: Umm, as a child he described himself as a "dark spirit"

B: Ohh, sounds exciting!

Q: He was the word I would say is "troubled" and I'm very worried about him.. currently he's having a really hard time experiencing extreme paranoia

B: Well, that's no surprise is it?

Q: What can I do to help him?

B: Do you love him unconditionally?

Q: Yes

B: Unconditionally?

Q: Yes, even if I find it strange.. I do want him to be well..

B: Un…conditionally!!??

Q: Ohh, yes

B: meaning you accept him as he's chosen to be..??

Q: Yes

B: that you accept what he's chosen to explore?? you can always offer that there are other ways to define things, to label things, other ways to experience things, other ways to have a relationship with things.. that he can different meanings to things

However, if he has chosen to explore the idea of negative energy in this way.. then that may simply be what the spirit has chosen to explore for a variety of reasons not the least of which may be to aid and assist you in choosing the opposite

Q: Wow okay

B: Sometimes individuals will explore very dark corners, very strongly because they have a variety of reasons for doing so that are not necessarily just limited to them sometimes their a great teaching tools for others

But at the same time he may be exploring these things shall we say.. euphemistically to get it all out of his system very rapidly

Q: Okay, good

B: Because again this may be a expression of what we call the "rubber band analogy" the farther back you pull a rubber band when you finally let go the faster and farther it will fly in the other direction.. likewise when individuals on your planet seek to explore darkness and to such a great degree of limitation

When they finally decide to let go the degree of darkness they've explored will actually allow them to shoot into the light that much farther, that much faster.. so he may be getting it all out of his system very rapidly.. that doesn't mean necessarily it has to end or change in this lifetime.. do you understand?

Q: Right

But it could.. and if you simply accept him as he's chosen to be.. and let him know he is unconditionally loved no matter what choices he has made for himself energetically.. then you offer him at least the opportunity to choose something else that you may suggest to him without needing him to choose it.. let him know that you don't need him choose anything you suggest, love him unconditionally no matter what he chooses and by doing it that way you afford him the greatest opportunity to at least consider choosing something that your offering him.. but he doesn't have to.

Q: Okay

B: You have to be as unconditionally loving on your side as he is being unconditionally negative on his
Newbie wrote:still romantic relationships are sought after.
it's a bit of a fantasy.. and it sure sells books or movies like Twilight ;)

but the energy of that love.. is permission to love yourself.. that's the way I heard it ;) because after all in the bashar teachings that person is you.. (oneness.. law #2 the one are the all, the all are the one.)
Newbie wrote:What teaching would romantic relationships provide that we do not get from other relationships also based on love ie family.
go and experience.. and find out?

but like anything on earth.. it's possible to get lost in it.. but at the same time.. in getting lost.. people get much clarity and find themselves too ;)
I really don't like signatures.. but here goes.. my public talk with b https://vimeo.com/218534595

mac

Post by mac » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 am

Newbie wrote:To Mac - Thanks for your reply but I don't think that's the whole idea. That it is necessary to procreate to keep the human race in existence.
Of course it is not the whole idea but it is the fundamental reason we have procreative sexual interaction.

Post by Newbie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:36 am

Thank you all for your replies :)

themaster

Post by themaster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 pm

feel like renewing this thread for the "how to be unconditional" bashar transcribe.. :)
I really don't like signatures.. but here goes.. my public talk with b https://vimeo.com/218534595

Alice

Post by Alice » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:16 am

themaster wrote:feel like renewing this thread for the "how to be unconditional" bashar transcribe.. :)
I read something once that made quite an impression on me. "Love everyone and like a few."

Love in this sense is not about romance, but agape.
Wikipedia:
Agape (Ancient Greek ἀγάπη, agápē) is "love: the highest form of love, charity; the love of God for man and of man for God." Not to be confused with philia – brotherly love – agape embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends, that serves regardless of circumstances.

However we won't want to hang out with everyone, just a select few.
I recall Bashar has said that in their civilization, everyone is married to everyone else.
How different our society would be if we could follow that example...