Everything about lucid dreaming (HOW TO)

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

AlwaysBeNice
-

Everything about lucid dreaming (HOW TO)

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:14 pm

I've studied and practiced lucid dreaming quite intensively for some time and got good results with it (from rarely a lucid dream to a few every night).
This is what I feel like are the most important aspects of learning how to lucid dream.

1. Mindfulness.
Being mindful in your life, and knowing also that it is just a dream, a projection of your consciousness will make you more lucid as this life, really, is also a kind of dream, like Bashar says.
So in truth, there really is not that much of a difference between being lucid in your dream and being lucid here.
So live in awareness, and practice it, use effective tools like going into deep meditation regularly and practice being mindful during the day, just observe (instead of unconsciously worrying).
This alone, really will make you get more lucid dreams.

2. Being aware of the dream.
When you just wake up out of the dream, realize what just happened, remember the dream.
It can be easy to forget about it, and go to sleep again or jump right into your day.
So set your intention, and try to remember the dream right after you wake up.
It can be very helpful to write the dream down when you wake up, it can bring back memories, and you may later reread them.
The reason why this is important is because this way you consciously get familiar with how it feels to be dreaming, so that when you dream, you may recognize the state and turn it into a lucid dream (and yes, the more lucid dreams you have, the easier it will become).

Next are practical tips you may use to induce lucid dreams more often, and to get more out of them:

3. Wake Back To Bed (and the Wake Induced Lucid Dream)
A WILD is a technique to not go unconscious before entering a dream. You enter a dream from this waking conscious state.
There are many techniques on how to do this (all of course readily available on the internet), but I'll go over the basics:
When you wake up in the middle of the night, do not immediately go back to sleep, if you do, the odds are you'll go unconscious before you dream again.
What you want to do is get out of bed and do what ever for 15-30 minutes (aka the WBTB.)
Then go back to bed and try to stay awake while moving your body as little as possible (eventually you will have to stop moving it),

Now just ust observe your consciousness and the dream that will appear in it (if find that you can't keep consciousness throughout the process you should lie in a position in which you normally don't fall asleep in, so if you tend to sleep on your sides, try to lie on your back for the entire duration.)
This way you can consciously go into the dream and you'll be lucid in the dream..

When you wake up in the morning (so after 6/7/8 hours of sleep), getting up out of bed might not be necessary, you might be awake enough to use the WILD technique while staying in bed, the same principle applies.
It's especially effective if you can catch yourself becoming awake out of the dream and you still haven't moved your body, for me this rarely happened, but when I did find myself just coming out of a dream, I was able to enter the dream consciously fairly easily by just keeping my body entirely still and my mind would naturally still be awake enough and enter a dream fairly rapidly.
Sleeping in may therefor be a very powerful tool as well (if you really want and can afford to have another dream).

The WBTB technique can be very very effective but it may be quite hard to get out of bed at night.

4. Reality checks.
Reality checks are when you check if you are dreaming.
This can be used when you are actually dreaming, and you might think you are dreaming, but aren't quite sure yet, you can use a RC to become fully lucid.
By far the best technique I found is keeping your nose closed and trying to breathe through it, because breathing is so natural and habitual, you will find yourself breathing in the dream if you close your nose and you will know you are dreaming.

There is also the practice of doing so many of these reality checks during the day, so that you'll eventually, by habit, find that you are doing them in a dream. Personally I didn't find this was worth the effort, though consciously reminding yourself that you are dreaming, and coming to that knowing can be very helpful, both for your dreams as for your daily life.

5. Extending a dream
A great to way to extent a dream a little longer (sometimes up to 5-10 minutes, dream time) would be to engage yourself in the dream with your senses. The most effective ways are spinning yourself around and rubbing your hands together, or feeling the environment.
Sex and flying can still be fun things to explore but nowadays by interest lies more in just going with the flow of the dream or meditating in the dream, as the story in dreams are just fascinating by themselves, and it can be a great tool to get to know more about yourself, heal, and get rid of fears and meditation in dreams always brings an interesting result.
For this reason I don't really care so much if my dreams are lucid or not, because, at some level, they now always are (this particularly changed after a mushroom trip where reality felt exactly like a dream, though it is, in some way, more real in a lot of cases still), though I definitely don't regret the journey, as the work I put in then still bears it's fruit to me to this day. Dreams are awesome and it's lovely to be more conscious of them.

There are also some supplements that seem to be effective like African Dream Root, Calea Zacatechichi and some alzheimers (plant) drug that I forgot the name of.

Sweet dreams!
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

TBP

Re: Everything about lucid dreaming (HOW TO)

Postby TBP » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:11 am

Great write-up!

AlwaysBeNice wrote:There are also some supplements that seem to be effective like African Dream Root, Calea Zacatechichi and some alzheimers (plant) drug that I forgot the name of.

Don't forget galantamine! Also citicoline or anything that increases cholinergic neurotransmission. Small amounts of L-DOPA (dopamine precursor) can also enhance things. And if you want to go even higher, you can experiment with tiny amounts of 5-HTP (serotonin precursor).

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:53 am

Yes, those as well. I actually tried that galantamine once, pretty intense but it makes it harder to fall asleep. Also, you need to eat it with cheese, you can't do it on an empty stomach. And thanks!
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

BreatheDeeply

Postby BreatheDeeply » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Looked up some lucid dreaming affirmation programming, I think stuff like this works well but I just found these so haven't tried them much so far, I'm on it though. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5sFHbqR3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwbSI3kt0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mT4NiSRNNM
http://replayliste.com/ - site to create youtube playlists or put a video on repeat.

mac

"Dream a Little Dream"

Postby mac » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:11 am

Last edited by mac on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mac

Bashar

Postby mac » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:13 am

http://teleportation.co.nz/e-t-wiki/lucid-dreaming/

” You are the Souls dream, Your physical life from the point of view of the Higher mind and most defintely from the Soul is a ‘dream‘.

The Soul goes to sleep in a sense by projecting itself into the idea of a Physical experience and chooses to forget that it is an expanded Soul in a timeless reality and knows everything it needs to know. By going to sleep in that way it dreams of itself being in this physical reality in a kind of limited way, so that it can explore in a certain way an idea free from any other idea intervening with that physical dream

Your life experiences are the dream your Soul is having.

Lucid dreaming, waking up in a dream and knowing it’s a dream gives you unprecedented ability to control the dream to determine what the dream experience shall be consciously while you are still in that dream state.

Lucid dreaming takes place in the template level reality, that border line between the non-physical Higher mind and the Physical mind, is the reality where you plan out the idea of your day, your life, like a blueprint, like a chart. And when you dream you can go back there and see the agreements and themes you’ve chosen to explore and go about rearranging these things from within the template reality, and thus then when you reconnect with physical reality you can experience the manifestation, Physically, of the rearrangement you have made in the energetic quasi-physical template level reality, that determines all shapes and sizes of things, all physical experiences that you have.
So lucid dreaming is in a sense allowing yourself to wake up closer to being the Higher mind expression, closer to being in balance with the higher mind in that template level reality.

We are the dreams of all that is, and we dream all that is into existence even as it dreams us into awareness.
Wake Up, Wake Up, Wake Up, into yourselves, everyday by acting on your highest JOY”

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Good video by Stephen LaBerge (author of some pretty popular books on LD)
[youtube]rFjiAUYZj68[/youtube]

laventeli

Postby laventeli » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:09 am

One thing that really keeps me from waking up from lucid dreams is counting. For example stupid easy stuff like 6+8=14 for some reason makes the dream last longer.

BreatheDeeply

Postby BreatheDeeply » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:18 am

Summer Solstice Event 2014-06-20 is about lucid dreaming, I'm watching it now. :)

Eno

Postby Eno » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:09 pm

When I was 9-10 I learned how to lucid dream by myself and my mother never had any problems getting me to go to bed lol. I loved it and would look forward to it. One night I had an experience that scared me and I stopped lucid dreaming.

Well basicly the reason I learned to be luçid was because I loved reading donald duck comics and one night I had a dream that I was playing with donalds nephews. So at night before I fell asleep I started imagining that I was playing with them again and I said to myself " I want to dream that again". And it worked :-) so one night while dreaming I suddenly realised it had to be a dream and I became lucid. After that I started being lucid almost every night and it was awesome.

What scared me one night was this;
I was as always playing with Donalds 3 nephews when suddenly it was like they wanted to show me something. So they looked at me and suddenly their eyes changed and became big almond shaped. There might have been more to it but this is what I remember. It scared me so much I decided to never lucid dream again.

Of course now I know this is how the "greys" are usually described.

I wonder if it really was aliens I interacted with and they figured I was ready to see their true shape.

Later In life I again had a lucid dream and I started practicing it again but I find it much harder to relearn than it was to learn it initially.

I do a lot of the stuff described in the opening postb but wwill add a few things.

Intent to become lucid. When laying in bed say to yourself that you want to have a lucid dream. You can also imagine what you might do in the dream.

A few more reality checks. I love to flie in my dreams and I do it a lot also in non lucid dreams.
So I ask myself a few times a day if I am dreaming. I then try and take off into flight. If I don't levitate I say out loud " ok I am not dreaming"

When you turn light on or iff ask yourself if you areddreaming. Its almost impossible to do in dreams.

I found out I can get back into different dreams depending on the position I am in when I have a dream. So if I dream about flying but wake up the best way to get straight back into the dream is to stay in the same position. If I wake up after a dream I don't prefer ( I dream about being back in the army a lot :-( ) then I change position.

I think writing down your dreams are important because it will help you remember more and more dreams. And that seems to make you realise it more easy when you are dreaming.

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:37 am

Wow, that dream about the three nephews and their eyes was crazy. Not in a bad way though, it occurred to me too that it could've been a way to sort of get you used to their energy. Like you created this fantasy world in your mind and then sort of started to wake up to the reality that all this time everything you've been doing was somewhere else than you thought. It's hard to describe what I mean but kind of like, imagine yourself sleeping on your mothers lap and being happy about it. Then sort of realizing bit by bit that it's not your biological mother, it's actually an ET you know very well but are becoming conscious only just now. And she looks scary (different). I don't know if I can get the feeling across here but that seemed to me like you were in fact playing with yourself or with the aliens all the time (or a mixture of both) and for some reason they thought it'd be a good idea to reveal the truth now that you trust them and you became afraid.

Or it was just a dream ;) Nevertheless, a fascinating one! Reminds me of a movie in which DiCaprio plays a detective in a crazy asylym island only to find out he's an inmate there.

Eno

Postby Eno » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:36 am

It felt very real. And having listened to bashar I realised it might have been just as you said. They where getting me used to the energy and then decided to show me what they looked like. It would be one of my questions to bashar if I ever get a chance to talk to him.
I have used bashar as a permission slip and asked the question in my head and what I got was that they were indeed greys. But I would love to actually ask bashar and get some more info. Like why and what did they want.

I read Carlos Castaneda and in the book where he learns to lucid dream he also encounter some alien entities. Scouts I think he called them.

SiriusHigherMind

Postby SiriusHigherMind » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:15 am

Eno - It sounds pretty much like what greys, in particular maybe the Zetas would do. The 'newer' greys have playful humor and will pull any archetypes in your psyche to play with. To some degree there is also symbolism in that, which certainly is intended. Normally through interaction we get new understandings and nudges to wake up a little more and the rest is definitely up to you - what does it make you feel like, do you feel like you want to explore certain avenues? The question is really more on your side, because the alarm clock is that what you yourself have put there and is not really coming from outside.

Eno

Postby Eno » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Well it's about 30 years ago now. So I am not sure if it's old or new greys. But yes they seemed very playful as they were there every night to play with me :-) maybe they laid a foundation for me to find out about bashar and not be turned off by him. Also at that time I had ideas similar to what I later learned from bashar.
I have some amazing dreams sometimes and I really want to practice lucid dreaming more because I find it much harder now than back then so practice is needed.
I have had a feeling for many years that there is important lessons to be learned from dreaming esp lucid dreaming.
Like when I am lucid and fly. When I just do it and jump out into it I succeed and fly with no effort. In waking life its sort of the same for me.

Maybe I should reconnect with my old friends and let them know I am ready to play again :-)

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:00 pm

I had a very interesting mushroom trip the other day, the first psychedelic trip in almost 5 years for me. One of the most fascinating and useful things was how I saw how state of being creates experience, how you either bring in energy that causes flow, synchronization and ultimately ecstasy, and how the opposite; fear stops that process and causes disflow.

Yet the moment you love, whether that is by just being yourself, or loving someone or perhaps something, that is a very clear gateway to a being in alignment again.
Later one technique I thought of/got through my imagination, after I asked for it, on ho to be closer to this state of being; was to feel your heart and project that love outside of you.

So why is this relevant? Well, very interestingly enough I had a dream a few days after, one of frustration and anger because I was in a game created by a childhood friend and the childhood friend completely screwed me over in that game he was creating.
I was running in a tunnel and he closed it off making me fail, I felt humiliated, frustrated and angry.
I almost continued the dream by trying to keep running from the friend in frustration and fear (fear of social judgment, afraid to stand up for myself), and the foggy subconscious state in the nightmare of fleeing continued for a little bit.
Yet suddenly I remembered my trip and how important love was so in that moment. So I was like alright, and I loved myself and him, projected love through my heart.
And boom, the previously foggy dream just became very real, very much like real life, and the friend got confronted and it was alright now, we both recognized it was not who were and not what we truly wanted and the dream happily ended.

Alice

Postby Alice » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:01 am

Thanks for sharing, cool trip and dream.

Bashar has spoken much on the heart and I'm sure you know he highly recommends the book The Heart's Code, which I still have not read. But I practice Ho'oponopono, which is a lot about becoming heart-centered. In fact, the Ho'oponopono teacher Dr. Hew Len has said the "I love you" part of the mantra (I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you) is sufficient to clean up our energy and return us to zero point, where we are free of memories replaying, and able to receive inspiration. Of course, it's something you have to keep on doing :mrgreen:

This is a friend's site, you might like to explore:
http://www.theheartofreceiving.com/the-heart.php

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:39 am

Oh, a technique given by Bashar in First contact protocals part 2 at 3:00 min:
How to rearrange the template level reality/dream (to supposedly also alter the physical world for yourself later), is to close your eyes and just re imagine and open your eyes again in the lucid dream.

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:42 pm

https://medium.com/lucid-dreaming-budap ... .orah2d44l

EDIT: No copy pasting transcripts on the forum.

AlwaysBeNice
-

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Alice wrote:https://medium.com/lucid-dreaming-budapest/bashar-about-lucid-dreaming-ef69a861bd38#.orah2d44l

Even though it was a fairly short transcript, B.C. mailed me about it, please don't post them anymore.

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:58 pm

AlwaysBeNice wrote:
Alice wrote:https://medium.com/lucid-dreaming-budapest/bashar-about-lucid-dreaming-ef69a861bd38#.orah2d44l

Even though it was a fairly short transcript, B.C. mailed me about it, please don't post them anymore.

That's funny. It really is. I wonder if they have a bigger picture, a bigger plan and they want to clean up the internet from all Bashar content to focus it into a single portal, such as an official subscription based Bashar website and forum. All content would be freely shared among the subscribers. Then we'd finally give our cult label some justice :lol:

Return to “Anything else!”