Questing

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

matcha

Questing

Postby matcha » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:45 am

matcha started thread on this topic
Last edited by matcha on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

openmindedskeptic

Re: The Quest-ion

Postby openmindedskeptic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:04 am

A golden moment, epic.... congratulations, matcha. We all have our joys and celebrations, we each have our own tastes and perspectives. Thanks for sharing yours.

OMS

Alice

Postby Alice » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:05 am

Right matcha...quest on ;)

I recall Bashar saying that asking questions is a way of putting our power outside of ourselves, or something like that.
Interesting, since asking questions is pretty much how we interact with him.

Rokazulu

Postby Rokazulu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Yeah, the quest is within ourselves. We explore the question and find out we had the answer all along. Like the hero's journey where the adventurer goes out on a quest only to return back at the same point.

Of course at a higher level since we have gone through the experience of separation so we can appreciate the unity of all that is to an even greater degree than any being who has not gone through our quest.

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 am

Rokazulu wrote:Yeah, the quest is within ourselves. We explore the question and find out we had the answer all along. Like the hero's journey where the adventurer goes out on a quest only to return back at the same point.

Of course at a higher level since we have gone through the experience of separation so we can appreciate the unity of all that is to an even greater degree than any being who has not gone through our quest.

The poet T.S. Eliot wrote,

We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

He was a Catholic but those words seem curiously prescient for a conventionally religious person. But then, maybe he wasn't all that conventional.
His work does show that he was anti Semitic. :shock:

That line is famous though...

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:44 am

I don't frown on religion. It is my observation though that many conventional religious folks follow "the letter and not the spirit of the law." T.S. Eliot is an example, as a Christian who was anti Semitic. What was Jesus' main teaching? "Love one another."

I was raised Catholic myself and I have fond memories of my early childhood years in Catholic school.

Return to “Anything else!”