My searching has lead me here.

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

connecting

My searching has lead me here.

Postby connecting » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Hey everyone I am completely new to this in pretty much every way you can be. 1st forum post ever and 1st time reaching out to the world to find like minded people. I am currently a 37 year old guy with two teenage daughters and a loving supportive wife. I have felt for most of my adult life as though I have had a larger purpose and have searched for it actively since about 30. After reading a ton of books and trying to live a more "healthy" lifestyle it wasn't until about 2 months ago I stumbled onto the buddhist idea of mindfulness.
After 2 weeks of just simple breathing meditation I felt the need to seek out some guidance on what I was experiencing. Long story short I ended up hearing about bashar in a passing comment on a youtube video and decided to check him out. Something clicked right away about what he was saying. Especially about following your excitement. Needless to say I have begun to do this and strange coincidences have been happening quite often. I cannot ignore the feelings that come along with this path but now I find myself stuck on the issue of following my joy while trying to keep with the family life.
Does anyone else have experience in these kind of blocks.
It's crazy that even my wife is coming on board slowly to how much this seems to work. But my block always comes back to money. If not for money there are so many things I would do in this world and even my family would benefit soooo much. Well that's a pretty long first post. Lol. Enough rambling. I am open to suggestions or good hearted conversation :D

xplosiw

Re: My searching has lead me here.

Postby xplosiw » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Welcome. Well, first and the most obvious question: is your family life not joyful? If it is, you are already following your joy to some extent. You can work to improve your appreciation and make things flow better.

You're certainly not alone with those blocks. But I love parkour and it's all about jumping ON the blocks and going over them and playing tricks with them. In other words, you can redefine your so-called blocks into more positive experiences. You have the ability to change your life in magnificent ways, however it's very likely that you're already living your dream life at least 50% of the time. You might reach 100% some days or even permanently. However, as you will soon discover, life always gives you challenges that are unexpectedly challenging and you will never be complete. Even when you reach all of your desires you'll have this weird empty feeling and you need more.

So it's not really about having a million dollars or the biggest luxury yacht. Sure, those things are amazing and you can go for it. But even then, it comes down to accepting the present moment as it is and defining is in positive light. You could theoretically have that luxury yacht and be unhappy. Or you could just rent it for a week and have the best holiday ever.

My point is that it's not about the circumstances, it's all about your state of being. The good news is you're 100% in control of that. Your current lifestyle is someone's perfect dream life and you could become that person.

Alice

Postby Alice » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 pm

I like this from the latest Adamu transmission, on money:
https://zingdad.com/publications/videos ... ualisation

Most 3rd density beings have fallen for the money trap. Most think that more money will bring them more joy. Most believe that the best possible outcome for their life would be to win some stupendous amount of cash. Most simply refuse to believe you if you tell them that such a win would be the very worst outcome for them. Even if you show them the statistics as regards past lottery winners: the suicide rate, the drug and alcohol addiction rate, the loneliness and isolation experienced by most winners, the number of winners who, in a matter of a few years or even just a few months, end up with even less than they had before they won. If you categorically prove to people that a lottery win is a terrible idea, most will shrug this off claiming that they would be the exception.

Now, I am not actually endeavouring to speak ill of lotteries here. I am simply using this as an example. Most people have very ill-conceived ideas of what would really be of benefit in their lives.

That said, it is possible to get into a state wherein the money flows without much effort on your part, and without falling into that trap.

And very true xplosiw that there will always be new challenges and desires. That's what life is about!

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:01 am

My all time favourite singer (Chester Bennington) just committed a suicide yesterday. He had millions and big mansions and the fame and fortune. Goes on to show that it doesn't matter what you own if you're not happy with what you've got. Also six kids and a beautiful loving wife (as far as I can tell). So focus on your mental health folks, that's the most precious thing you've got!

Unfortunately the event proved my point just minutes after I posted it. Synchronicity. His lifestyle was the dream of mine and millions of other musicians. Yet he chose to die. I would've traded places happily, I would've had the best voice ever and the best songs to perform, huge arena tours and whatever I want. Oh well.

connecting

Postby connecting » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:32 pm

I seen that yesterday as well and mentioned the exact same sentiment to my wife. I loved his music too. The synchronicity is pretty amazing when it pops up like that. Money is funny that way. We all see it as the path to freedom, but freedom is a state of mind I suppose. Following our true path of joy and excitement would seem to be the key as bashar says so often. The rest will just fall into place. These synchronicities are happening a lot more often lately, or at least I am noticing them. Time to start listening more I guess. Thanks for the replies, I took something from both of you. :)

Alice

Postby Alice » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 pm

It seems Bennington was depressed over his friend and band mate's suicide and so he followed suit. Made me think of how much misery is spread by taking our lives. The friend killed himself, Bennington was depressed about that, he killed himself, now his fans, friends, wife and most importantly, his six kids are affected. Trauma all around. We each are needed to hang in here and do our best for ourselves and the All. Money is not even in that equation!

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 pm

It's true. I feel like his past drug addictions allowed him to take the easy way out when it was offered and justified. Justified as in someone else did it first and the door was still open and thus choosing to do it on his would-be birthday. I think he had wanted to do it before but couldn't because of the shame. Now he did it because his friend did it first, you know.

Oh well. Such a shame. I hope I meet him in my lucid dreams.

Return to “Anything else!”