very tasty

A place to speak about life and anything relevant to it. =)

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

Alice

Re: very tasty

Postby Alice » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 am

I like to have dates with herb tea at bedtime, as I am doing now :) I would not eat more than two or three though because of the sugar content.

jamathe246

Postby jamathe246 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:35 am

Get recipes on how to make the best Indian Food , Click Here to get the link..
Last edited by jamathe246 on Fri May 12, 2017 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alice

Postby Alice » Thu May 11, 2017 4:43 pm

My roommate is a type 1 diabetic and he frequently takes high sugar foods to boost his blood sugar. I think he is making things worse with the
candy, cookies etc. I'm going to give him some organic dates. Here's hoping.

vimsingh456

Postby vimsingh456 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:01 am

Thanks for the you tube links , You can find more , Click Here ......

Alexa

Postby Alexa » Tue May 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Is there anything you would actually like to express here with your own words and you're unsure about how to approach us, or is it just gonna be copy/paste islamic theories and explanations?

Not facetious, just curious.

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed May 17, 2017 12:23 am

Alexa wrote:Is there anything you would actually like to express here with your own words and you're unsure about how to approach us, or is it just gonna be copy/paste islamic theories and explanations?

Not facetious, just curious.

The posts about dates were OK but the latest is approaching spam.

koto, could you post as yourself instead of evangelizing Islam?

Alexa

Postby Alexa » Wed May 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Great! Now I'll never be able to enjoy eating dates without thinking about converting to islam... Do you have something about figs and converting to PDF? And without hell, if that's ok... We, pagans, don't dig the hell threats very much...

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm

Alexa wrote:Great! Now I'll never be able to enjoy eating dates without thinking about converting to islam... Do you have something about figs and converting to PDF? And without hell, if that's ok... We, pagans, don't dig the hell threats very much...

There is a principle in the Abraham-Hicks teaching that I think is very useful, though not always easy to apply.

"Get everyone else out of the equation."
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/96194142017497317/

I eat a couple of Medjool dates daily, along with Tulsi tea. It is true, they are very healthful and yum :mrgreen:

Alexa

Postby Alexa » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:19 pm

"Get everyone else out of the equation."

I usually do, Alice, but I still have some things that get to me, and I need to vent them before letting them go.
And my number one pet peeve is religious bullshit. It's like a Pavlovian reflex, I admit. I bark a few times, then remember that the timeline I chose is going to have no religion in about 50 years from now :)

Alice

Postby Alice » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:39 am

Alexa wrote:"Get everyone else out of the equation."

I usually do, Alice, but I still have some things that get to me, and I need to vent them before letting them go.
And my number one pet peeve is religious bullshit. It's like a Pavlovian reflex, I admit. I bark a few times, then remember that the timeline I chose is going to have no religion in about 50 years from now :)

Hey, missed your reply previously...

We've all got our pet peeves!
Mine is cigarette litter. The level of unconsciousness it takes to just throw your butt on the ground without a thought for the cumulative pollution...

Anyway, I think you'd appreciate The New Revelations, book by Neale Donald Walsch. Let's just say it's very down on organized religion.
http://aboq.org/walsch/nr.htm

Alexa

Postby Alexa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Alice wrote:

Mine is cigarette litter. The level of unconsciousness it takes to just throw your butt on the ground without a thought for the cumulative pollution...

Anyway, I think you'd appreciate The New Revelations, book by Neale Donald Walsch. Let's just say it's very down on organized religion.

Thank you! Amen to that, sister! :))))))

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Alexa wrote:
Alice wrote:

Thank you! Amen to that, sister! :))))))

Welcome. This looks like a good resource (source of the Talking Points link).
http://aboq.org/intro.htm

Alexa

Postby Alexa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:31 am

So, Alice, it goes like this:

I'm originally from Dobrudja, a historical region that once was extremely cosmopolitan (Turks, Tartars, Romanians, Bulgarians, Armenians, Greeks, Aromanians, Jewish, Russians). it still is, but not even close to the degree it was. The food there is a mixture of all these people's traditional dishes, mostly light and spicy, with loads of herbs, vegetables and sheep milk (cheese, yoghurt, the works). My grandma's Dobrudjan pie is very similar to Greek filo pastry with cheese, except it has many more eggs in it.

You need filo pastry (she made her own, which was absolutely delicious, but I'm not that good a chaneller yet, so I bought mine), salted cheese - grated (the closest thing I can think of is Greek hard cheese), cottage cheese, eggs and butter. You roll out the filo pastry and you butter it up, and then you fill it up with the mixture of eggs and cheese. Plenty of it! Make it look like a Jackson Pollock painting:)))) (first time I saw one, I remembered my grandma making this pie, because that's how the filo pastry looked before being rolled). Then roll them up, shove them tightly in an oven tray, smear some beaten egg over the whole thing (or butter) and bake until crispy.

This Greek pie is the closest I could find on the net, but I think my grandma's had about 8 or 7 eggs in it. The Aromanian version can have fresh dill (or spinach) in it, the "urbanized" version can have sugar and raisins in it and can be dusted in powdered sugar (it's ok with the salted cheese and the sugar, they blend well together), but the best kind is still the simple salty one.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7486/tir ... -pie-.aspx

Alice

Postby Alice » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Thanks Alexa, am sure it's very tasty, so fits right in here! :mrgreen: jackson Pollock pie, I may try sometime. :idea:

Tanfeliz

Postby Tanfeliz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Alexa wrote:So, Alice, it goes like this:

I'm originally from Dobrudja, a historical region that once was extremely cosmopolitan (Turks, Tartars, Romanians, Bulgarians, Armenians, Greeks, Aromanians, Jewish, Russians). it still is, but not even close to the degree it was. The food there is a mixture of all these people's traditional dishes, mostly light and spicy, with loads of herbs, vegetables and sheep milk (cheese, yoghurt, the works). My grandma's Dobrudjan pie is very similar to Greek filo pastry with cheese, except it has many more eggs in it.

You need filo pastry (she made her own, which was absolutely delicious, but I'm not that good a chaneller yet, so I bought mine), salted cheese - grated (the closest thing I can think of is Greek hard cheese), cottage cheese, eggs and butter. You roll out the filo pastry and you butter it up, and then you fill it up with the mixture of eggs and cheese. Plenty of it! Make it look like a Jackson Pollock painting:)))) (first time I saw one, I remembered my grandma making this pie, because that's how the filo pastry looked before being rolled). Then roll them up, shove them tightly in an oven tray, smear some beaten egg over the whole thing (or butter) and bake until crispy.

This Greek pie is the closest I could find on the net, but I think my grandma's had about 8 or 7 eggs in it. The Aromanian version can have fresh dill (or spinach) in it, the "urbanized" version can have sugar and raisins in it and can be dusted in powdered sugar (it's ok with the salted cheese and the sugar, they blend well together), but the best kind is still the simple salty one.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7486/tir ... -pie-.aspx

That sounds so extreme. I will try making it one day.

Alice

Postby Alice » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Tanfeliz wrote:That sounds so extreme. I will try making it one day.

Hey Tanfeliz, been a while. How are you doing these days?

Tanfeliz

Postby Tanfeliz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:38 am

Hey Alice!

Not bad. Doing a lot of art. How about you?

Alice

Postby Alice » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:00 am

Tanfeliz wrote:Hey Alice!

Not bad. Doing a lot of art. How about you?

Oh, cool! Me, too--art and writing stories. :)

Tanfeliz

Postby Tanfeliz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:20 am

What part of the country are you in? Are you going to any of the Sedona stuff?

Return to “Anything else!”