Terrence McKenna

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

User avatar
AlwaysBeNice
-
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Terrence McKenna

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:02 am

Over the past years I dismissed most of my attention of psychedelics and turned to more sober spirituality instead, now I am looking back to the plants again, and onto the path McKenna appeared again, whom I now see to be much wiser than I previously thought, what a joy to listen to:
'Let's not hoard ourselves to nitwit ideologies. Let's not give our control over to the least among us.
Rather claim your place in the sun and go forward into the light, the tools are there, the path is known, you simply have to turn your back on a culture that has gone sterile and dead and get with the program of a living world and a re-empowerment of the imagination.'

Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

themaster
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:43 am

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby themaster » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm

I like his piece on how science was founded by a archangel dream ;) but yah it's true.. science was gifted to us by the archangels.. (they've been here all along working behind the scenes to help humanity get smarter etc. but of course we do work as a collective so one doesn't have to finger it as it's all them) ;)

One thing that wasn't originally part of that scientific template.. was skepticism.. which is why you hear me sometimes throw out 2 quotes from b about it..

"remember that skepticism is not a scientific point of view, open-mindedness is" - bashar

"skepticism in your society, now translates as a pre-conceived bias"


I mean at the bottom-line of the day.. skepticism/doubt/negative energy corrupts the entire scientific mindset.. puts you in that BIAS that bashar is talking about.. and really keeps us primitive. Or we can say.. those not educated.. At the same time I do understand without a little watching for liar (which kind of what skepticism is) does leave you vulnerable too..

User avatar
mac
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby mac » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:31 pm

https://archive.org/details/PsychedeliaRawArchivesOfTerenceMckennaTalks

Terence, one of the most fascinating individuals of the late 20th Century Live In Peace (L.I.P.) :cry:


User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 pm

What a great interview, thanks for posting! Jeffrey Mishlove is the perfect interviewer for Terence.
It strikes me that everything Terence says there about the implications and relevance of UFO's,
applies equally to crop circles. In fact he has called them a breakout from our collective unconscious, which is
basically the same thing he is saying here about UFO's. Although I think he
was miffed when he was fooled by a human-made circle, and adopted a skeptical attitude about their reality.

Speaking of skepticism (I agree with Bashar's take on it), this is good:
http://www.victorzammit.com/skeptics/winston.html

Yes, let us claim our place in the sun and go forward into the light, as he enjoined us :)
I think I will vape a bit in his honor today.

Found pdf of Food of the Gods:
http://herbarium.0-700.pl/biblioteka/Fo ... 0Goods.pdf
From the book:
"Consider a shaman who uses plants to converse with an invisible world inhabited by nonhuman intelligences. This would seem to rate a headline in the supermarket tabloids. Yet anthropologists report such things all the time and no one raises an eyebrow. That is because we tend to assume that the shaman interprets his experience of intoxication as communication with spirits or ancestors. The implication is that you or I would interpret this same experience differently and that therefore it is no big deal that some poor, uneducated campesino thought he was talking with an angel. Xenophobic as this attitude is, it suggests a good operating procedure since what it is saying is, "Show me the techniques of your ecstasy and I will judge their effectiveness for myself." I did this. This is my credential for the theories and opinions I hold. I was initially appalled at what I found: the world of shamanism, of allies, shape shifting, and magical attack are far more real than the constructs of science can ever be, because these spirit ancestors and their other world can be seen and felt, they can be known, in the nonordinary reality. Something profound, unexpected, nearly unimaginable awaits us if we will turn our investigative attentions toward the phenomenon of shamanic plant hallucinogens. The people outside of Western history, those still in the dream time of preliteracy, have kept the flame of a tremendous mystery burning. It will be humbling to admit this and to learn from them, but that too is a part of the Archaic Revival. This is not to imply that we must stand slack-jawed before the accomplishments of the "primitive" in yet another version of the Noble Savage Cha-Cha. Everyone who has worked in the field is aware of the frequent clash between our expectations of how "true rain forest people" should behave and the realities of tribal daily life. No one yet understands the mysterious intelligence within plants or the implications of the idea that nature communicates in a basic chemical language that is unconscious but profound. We do not yet understand how hallucinogens transform the message in the unconscious into revelations beheld by the conscious mind. As archaic people honed their intuitions and their senses by using whatever plants were at hand to increase their adaptive advantage, they had little time for philosophy. To this day the implications of the existence of this mind within nature discovered by shamanic peoples have yet to fully dawn. Meanwhile, quietly and outside of history, shamanism has pursued its dialogue with an invisible world. Shamanism's legacy can act as a steadying force to redirect our awareness toward the collective fate of the biosphere. The shamanic faith is that humanity is not without allies. There are forces friendly to our struggle to birth ourselves as an intelligent species. But they are quiet and shy; they are to be sought, not in the arrival of alien star fleets in the skies of earth, but nearby, in wilderness solitude, in the ambience of waterfalls, and yes, in the grasslands and pastures now too rarely beneath our feet."

User avatar
AlwaysBeNice
-
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 pm

It's really cool how many ideas and views he had align closely with Bashar.
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:42 pm

AlwaysBeNice wrote:It's really cool how many ideas and views he had align closely with Bashar.



What ideas and views, specifically?

User avatar
AlwaysBeNice
-
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Alice wrote:
AlwaysBeNice wrote:It's really cool how many ideas and views he had align closely with Bashar.



What ideas and views, specifically?

Non-existence doesn't exist, it must be real somewhere.
God is watching all the POVs at once, space-time matrix is an illusion for it.
He mentioned the trickster archetype.
Machine elves teaching him that in hyperspace you manifest through voice (and it sort of implied that we can do that here as well), Bashar says they sometimes use their voices to manifest bodies for spirit temporarily.
Using the natural substances is probably better.
etc.

There are probably some more, just getting started.

I would also say he is one of the greatest minds of the 20th century, and it also has made me more respectful and trusting of the plant medicine.
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:59 pm

AlwaysBeNice wrote:Non-existence doesn't exist, it must be real somewhere.
God is watching all the POVs at once, space-time matrix is an illusion for it.
He mentioned the trickster archetype.
Machine elves teaching him that in hyperspace you manifest through voice (and it sort of implied that we can do that here as well), Bashar says they sometimes use their voices to manifest bodies for spirit temporarily.
Using the natural substances is probably better.
etc.

There are probably some more, just getting started.

I would also say he is one of the greatest minds of the 20th century, and it also has made me more respectful and trusting of the plant medicine.


With you on all of the above. Are you familiar with his work on Timewave Zero? Terence had high expectations for winter solstice 2012.
As you probably know, many were disappointed that there wasn't more happening on that date. Maybe it is actually a good thing Terence passed before then--he might have been devastated, himself.

Selections from a discussion between Terence McKenna and Art Bell on the Coast to Coast radio program in May 1997.

TM: Well, in looking at this, I created a vocabulary - actually I borrowed it from Alfred North Whitehead - but I think I'm on to something which science has missed, and it's this; it's that the universe, or human life or an empire or an ecosystem, any large scale or small scale process, can be looked at as a dynamic struggle between two qualities which I call habit and novelty. And I think they're pretty self-explanatory. Habit is simply repetition of established patterns, conservation, holding back what has already been achieved into a system, and novelty is the chance-taking, the exploratory, the new, the never-before-seen. And these two qualities — habit and novelty — are locked in all situations in a kind of struggle.

AB: Is it a linear process or is it an exponentially acceleration process?

TM: It's an exponentially accelerating process which leads to a kind of end-of-the-world scenario which has led a lot of people to place me out with the squirrels because I'm saying that this process of novelty is now moving so quickly that within our own lifetimes it is going to accelerate essentially to such an intensity that we will be experiencing more novelty in a few weeks or days than we've previously experienced in the whole life of the cosmos.

AB: You have described precisely what I have just written about. I wrote a book called the Quickening.

TM: Someone showed me your book and I said yes, this guy is onto this.

AB: I'm on to it I guess in a more pedestrian perspective than yourself after listening to your first half hour, but we're talking about exactly, precisely the same thing. I've been this talk radio thing for about 13 years, you know, that all-night show, and I am a trained observer of events and people, and every night I've had to watch the news and dissect what's going on in our world to prepare for this program. And in that 13 years, unmistakably socially, politically, environmentally, you name it, in every one of those areas of human endeavor, things are beginning to accelerate. There is simply no question about it, and that sounds exactly to be the same thing you're proposing here.

TM: Yes, where I've gone further than most people is, a lot of people have noticed the "time is speeding up" phenomena, but they tend to give credit to science or media or something like that. What' I'm saying is that this is built into the laws of physics.

AB: Are you able to discern any time-lines to timewave zero?

TM: Yes, we've been talking about this as a metaphor ... what makes me, I hope, a little different from some of the other prophets in the marketplace is, I've got a formal mathematical theory that ... you know, I mentioned habit and novelty, this dualistic flow ... well, because it is a dualistic flow, it can be portrayed like the ebb and flow of the price of a stock, or something like that, in other words, it can be portrayed as a line graph. So I've written computer programs which produce what I call novelty waves ... in other words, a time-scale wave that pictures the ebb and flow of novelty. And by fitting known historical and paleontological and geological data into these waves at different scales, I was finally able to discern a best fit. But the conclusion that it led to was very startling to me, which is: this ultimate novelty, this transcendental object at the end of time, isn't millennia in the future, it is in fact slated to collide with historical necessity some time in late 2012.

Now, I know you have some interest in the Mayan calendar. I didn't know when I calculated this date that it was the same end date as the Mayan calendar - to the day.

AB: Let me ask you this. What did you input to your data base for this computer program? In other words, what did you start with?

TM: Well I had a very academic interest in the I Ching, which is the Chinese method of divination, and everyone who's looked at this thing has been struck by the fact that it seems to work, so I carried out a mathematical analysis.

AB: I don't know what I Ching is, and I know a lot of other people don't either. What is it?

TM: Well, it's existed for thousands of years in China. It's sometimes done by throwing stalks, or sometimes done with coins, but it's a method of producing a thing called a hexagram which made up of either broken or unbroken lines — six on top of each other — so if you're a mathematician you can figure, if it's made up of broken and unbroken lines and there are six of them on top of each other there must be a possibility of 64 of these things. And thousands of years ago in China there was a vast body of literary commentary built up around these hexagrams, and they have always been presented in a traditional order, a certain way that they are always presented. And I was studying a very academic question, which was, is this order of these hexagrams a true order, in other words, governed by rules, or is it simply a random jumble sanctioned by tradition?

And this very obscure academic question led ultimately to the discovery that the I Ching was a 384-day, thirteen lunar cycle calendar. And then from there I realized that this 384-day calendar was actually a subset in a fractal time-keeping scheme that is really more accurate and more sophisticated than anything in the west. So what I'm really suggesting here is that in the same way that the west conquered the nature of matter through the elaboration of modern science, about 4000 years ago in China a deeper analysis of time was carried out than has ever been undertaken in the west, and that the mathematics of this thing became buried then in this fortune-telling system.

The interesting thing, Art, is that with a wave like that, you can do what's called retrodicting. In other words, if you have a wave of novelty that describes the past, you have to correctly predict the Italian renaissance, the Greek enlightenment, the modernity of the 20th century, so by predicting the past, we've gained confidence that this wave predicts the future.

AB: That sounds quite scientific, in other words, science is repeatability, and if your can repeatedly demonstrate that you can mathematically show the events of the past, then yes I would imagine that you can project.

TM: Well, so I've been active since 1975, but the theory is in a sense very conservative. It never says what will happen, it says when interesting things are highly likely, and when you're just wasting your time.

AB: When you project toward 2012, what is the magnitude of the spike or the difference there? Can give us an idea of the magnitudes along the way?

TM: There is only one point in the entire cycle where the level of habit drops to zero; effectively then novelty becomes infinite. And at that point occurs on this solstice date in 2012. Now it's very interesting ... there are some people on the net called singularists, and they're hard-headed engineering types, and they take rates of energy release and rates of data storage, this sort of thing, and draw all their curves out, and they can see that some time between 2008 and 2020 everything - we produce infinite amounts of energy ... we pack infinite amounts of data into infinitely small spaces, in other words, the same sort of things where, because of the acceleration built into the unfolding of this novelty process, we're going to cross more territory between here and 2012 than we have crossed between the Big Bang and getting to here.

It kind of explains what is happening, that it isn't the old-style religion, that it isn't the sterile steady-state of science, it's that the universe is actually evolving some kind of process of self-metamorphosis, and human beings indicate that we have crossed some boundary into some new era, a new epoch of ever greater acceleration into this process of self-revelation. This is what religions are raving about, this is what every prophet on the street corner is trying to articulate, and I think it's real. I think we're getting a lot of static because people can only deal with it through images that they know. You know, Marshall McLuhan said we drive into the future using only our rear view mirror, and that's sort of what it is. But I call this thing the transcendental object at the end of time, and I think in a sense, religion, Christian revelation, it will all be fulfilled in a way none of us ever suspected, because nature has this appetite for novelty and acceleration into novelty.

AB: So then again I ask, at this moment that we speak of 2012, what do you actually think will occur?

TM: Well, I've thought about this a good deal, and there are hard and soft scenarios, but I've noticed that what the Timewave seems most coherently able to track is technology. Somehow technology is very important, it's the transformation of the human relationship to the world through tools. And so what I'm thinking would fulfill this entire scenario without requiring God Almighty to put in an appearance is time travel. I think that we are moving toward, you know if you look at biology over huge scales of time -hundreds of millions of years - it is a kind of conquest of dimensionality.

I think there's been ebb and flow of novelty within the 20th century, parts of it more novel than others. But I think to argue that it isn't among the most novel periods of time is a pretty uphill battle.

AB: You put together a computer program which was able to trace the ebb and the flow of this novelty and in effect chart major events in history. How many, if I might ask, hits and misses ... were there any misses in the model, or did you hit each, major moment on history on the nose?

TM: Well, by my understanding of this theory, there can be no misses. In other words, it's not a statistical theory, we're not okay if we're right two-thirds of the time, so we have to be right all of the time.

AB: So you're telling me you are.

TM:: I submit to you and to the world for your examination and critiquing the fact that yes, the Timewave with it's end point December 21, 2012, describes with as great an accuracy as I am able to discern the actual vicissitudes of novelty and habit in history and natural history. That's the claim.



User avatar
AlwaysBeNice
-
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:34 am

Interesting. Also funny how we are one of the few who can look at this and probably still say: 'Yeah, he's probably onto something' given what Bashar says about 2012.
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:59 am

AlwaysBeNice wrote:Interesting. Also funny how we are one of the few who can look at this and probably still say: 'Yeah, he's probably onto something' given what Bashar says about 2012.


As I recall, he said after that date, our world would become slightly more positive than negative, and that the frequency fence (or whatever he called it) keeping ET visitors out, would no longer be in effect.

So both of those are of course very important, but they had no noticeable effects on 12/21/2012. Many were disappointed. Terence might have been, as it was such a big focus for him.

Ah well, on another subj., I was just looking through my files and found this.
Terence describing tripping on DMT, and encounters with the self-transforming machine elves. Fun!

http://deoxy.org/timemind.htm

I mean, I think that DMT is as intense as any drug should ever get; I don't ever want to be more loaded than that. I don't think you can be more loaded than that and come back. You know? What happens on DMT for me, and this is based on, you know, composite image of many experiences, and I've confirmed it to some degree with other people, but I was talking to somebody the other day, somebody who had just done it, and I said, "what did you think?" and they said: "It's the most idiosyncratic thing there is." and I thought, what a wonderful description, that's exactly what it is - it's pure idiosyncraticness. It's so idiosyncratic that's all there's there - it's like idiosyncracy without an object, is what DMT is.

When you smoke this, the onset is very rapid. 30-45 seconds, you know? There's this feeling which comes over your body - half arousal, half anaesthesia. The air appears to suddenly have been sucked out of the room because all the colors brighten visibly, as though some intervening medium has been removed. And then there's a sound, like a piece of bread wrapper or cellophane being scrunched up and thrown away. A friend of mine says this is radio-entelechy leaving the anterior fontanelle at the top of your head. [laughter] I'm not sure I want to line up with that... but a membrane is being ripped; something is being torn. And then there is a total (what Mircea Eliade called in a wonderful phrase) "a complete rupture of the mundane plane". [laughter] You know? That's like a hit and run accident except the car came from hyperspace, you know? A complete rupture of the mundane plane. And you fall back into this hallucinogenic space, and what you see is a slowly rotating red and orange kind of thing, which, over the years we've nicknamed, uh, "The Chrysanthemum." And it's.. this represents some kind of disequilibrium state that has its roots in the synapses. What's happening as you're watching this Chrysanthemum is that millions and then hundreds of millions of DMT molecules are rushing into these serotonin bond sites in the synaptic cleft and disrupting the serotonin and switching the electron spin resonance signature of these neural junctions in this "other" direction. And this is taking, you know, 30 or 40 seconds, and there's this rising hum, this

____nnnmmmmMMMMMMMM^^^^

that rising tone; the flying saucer tone of Hollywood B movies... you actually hear this thing.

And then, if you've taken enough DMT (and it has to do entirely with physical capacity: Did you take, did you cross the threshold?) something happens [clap]... for which there are no words. A membrane is rent, and you are propelled into this "place." And language cannot describe it - accurately. Therefore I will inaccurately describe it.

The rest is now lies. When you break into this space, you have several impressions simultaneously that are a kind of gestalt: First of all (and why, I don't know) you have the impression that you are underground - far underground - you can't say why, but there's just this feeling of immense weight above you but you're in a large space, a vaulted dome. People even call it "The DMT dome" I have said, had people say to me, "Have you been under the dome?" and I knew exactly what they meant.

So you burst into this space. It's lit, socketed lighting, some kind of indirect lighting you can't quite locate. But what is astonishing and immediately riveting is that in this place there are entities - there are these things, which I call "self transforming machine elves," I also call them self-dribbling basketballs. They are, but they are none of these things. I mean you have to understand: these are metaphors in the truest sense, meaning they're lies! Uh, it's a jeweled self-transforming basketball, a machine elf. I name them 'Tykes' because tyke is a word that means to me a small child, and I was fascinated by the 54th fragment of Heraclitis, where he says: "The Aeon is a child at play with colored balls" ... and when you burst into the DMT space this is the Aeon - it's a child, and it's at play with colored balls, and I am in eternity, apparently, in the presence of this thing.

There are many of these things, but the main thing that's happening is that they are engaged in a linguistic activity of some sort, which we do not have words for, but it's visible language. They are doing the visible language trip. When you break into the space, they actually cheer! The first thing you hear when you pass across is this 'hhhyeaaaaaayyy' - you know the Pink Floyd song? "The Gnomes have Learned a New Way to Say Hoo-Ray?" This has gotta be what these guys were talking about; how else could it be? It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

You break into this space... the gnomes say hoo-ray! And they come rushing forward and they, and, and the thing then that happens is... and people say "is there risk, to DMT? it sounds so intense. Is it dangerous?".

The answer is: yes, it's tremendously dangerous; the danger is the possibility of death by astonishment. And you must prepare yourself for this eventuality, because you are so amazed. Amazement seems to be the emotion that has torn loose and swamped everything else - I mean astounded? When was the last time you were genuinely 'ASTOUNDED'? I mean, I think you can go your whole damned life without being 'ASTOUNDED'... and this is astonishment, you know, raised to the N-th degree to the point that your jaw hangs...

And it raises issues: like you say, "Jesus, ah, huhh ... I must be dead!" And you, and the weird thing about DMT is it does not effect what we ordinarily call the mind. The part that you call "you" - nothing happens to it. You're just like you were before, but the World has been radically replaced - 100% - it's all gone, and you're sitting there, and you're saying, "Jesus, a minute ago I was in a room with some people, and they were pushing some weird drug on me, and, and now, what's happened? Is this the Drug? Did we do it? Is this it?" And meanwhile, these things are saying: "Do not give way to amazement; Control your wonder." in other words, they try to bring you down. They say, "Don't just goof out on this; pay attention. PAY ATTENTION... to what we're doing." "OK, what're you doing?..."

Say this is what we're doing, and then they proceed to sing objects into existence. Amazing objects. Objects that are Faberge Eggs, things made of pearl, and metal, and glass, and gel, and you, when you're shown one of these things, a single one of them, you look at it an you know, without a shadow of a doubt, in the moment of looking at this thing, that if it were right here, right now, this world would go mad. It's like something from another dimension. It's like an artifact from a flying saucer. It's like something falling out of the mind of God - such objects DO not exist in this universe, and yet, you're looking at it. And they're clamoring for your attention. " 'k at this! 'ook at This! Look at THIS!" and they pull these things... and each one, you look into it and it begins to open into this wonder that you must fight. You say "No, don't look at it, look AWAY from it!" because it's so wonderful that it's swamping my objectivity and destroying my ability to function in this space.

Well, then they say "do"...

And the objects that they make have the peculiar ability to themselves generate this linguistic "stuff" which condenses as other objects. So beings are making objects, showing you objects, the objects are turning into beings and making other objects, these beings and objects, they jump into your chest - and then they jump back out. They jump into your body and disappear into your body, and then they jump back out, waving these things, just throwing this stuff in all directions. They are - the word that comes to mind is: they are Zany. It's like a Bugs Bunny cartoon, uh, gone mad. And all of this energy - they are elves. This is what elves are. It's this weird thing, where they love you - or they like you a lot, but you can tell that their sense of humor is Weird. And that you must be very careful of the deals you cut with these things, [...] in fact I've spent so much time trying to understand what this is. It has different kinds of feelings about it. One is (and this really threw me for a loop when I figured this out) after many many of these trips, and analyzing this place I kept going to, I finally realized: "this place is... somebody very weird... it's their idea of a reassuring environment for a human being! It's like a playpen. It's this warm. well lit, secure, womblike environment, and when I break into it they these things, the elves and the toys, are toys! These are things to amuse me. The way you would hang, uh, cubes and blocks above a cradle... a playpen, you know? Because children are supposed to coordinate shapes and bright colors. That's what these things are: they are toys to try and get me to coordinate my perception in this place. It's a holding area of some sort - someone's created this and is watching me.

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:42 am

Timewave Zero Space Time Continuum with Terence McKenna
Alien Dreamtime was a multimedia event recorded live on Feb 27th 1993 AD
Web sampler at City of Tribes Nirvanet Realaudio stream
http://deoxy.org/t_adt.htm

Hello.. alright. Have you ever noticed how ahh, there's this quality to reality which comes and goes, and kind of ebbs and flows and nobody ever mentions it or has a name for it except some people call it a 'bad hair day' or some people say 'Things are really weird recently.' And I think we never notice it and we never talk about it because we're embedded in a culture that expects us to believe that all times are the same, and that your bank account doesn't fluctuate except according to the vicissitudes of your own existence. In other words, every moment is expected to be the same and yet this isn't what we experience. And so what I noticed was that running through reality is the ebb and flow of novelty. And some days, and some years, and some centuries are very novel indeed, and some ain't. And they come and go on all scales differently, interweaving, resonating. And this is what time seems to be. And Science has overlooked this, this most salient of facts about nature: that nature is a novelty conserving engine. And that from the very first moments of that most improbable big bang, novelty has been conserved because in the very beginning there was only an ocean of energy pouring into the universe.

There were no planets, no stars, no molecules, no atoms, no magnetic fields; there was only an ocean of free electrons. And then time passed and the universe cooled and novel structures crystallized out of disorder. First, atoms; atoms of hydrogen and helium aggregating into stars. And at the center of those stars the temperature and the pressure created something which had never been seen before which was fusion. And fusion cooking in the hearts of stars brought forth more novelty: heavy elements - iron, carbon, four-valent carbon. And as time passed there were not only then elementary systems but because of the presence of carbon and the lower temperatures in the universe, molecular structures. And out of molecules come simple subsets of organism. The genetic machinery for transcripting information, aggregating into membranes, always binding novelty, always condensing time, always building and conserving upon complexity, and always faster and faster and faster.

And then we come to ourselves. And where do WE fit into all of this. Five million years ago we were an animal of some sort. Where will we be five million years from tonight? What we represent is not a sideshow, or an epiphenomenon, or an ancillary something-or-other on the edge of nowhere. What WE represent is the nexus of concrescent novelty that has been moving itself together, complexifying itself, folding itself in upon itself for billions and billions of years. There is, so far as we know, nothing more advanced than what is sitting behind your eyes. The human neocortex is the most densely ramified complexified structure in the known universe. We are the cutting edge of organismic transformation of matter in this cosmos. And this has been going on for a while; since the discovery of fire, since the discovery of language. But now, and by now I mean in the last 10,000 years, we've been into something new. Not genetic information, not genetic mutation, not natural selection, but epigenetic activity: writing, theatre, poetry, dance, art, tattooing, body piercing and philosophy. And these things have accelerated the ingression into novelty so that we have become an idea excreting force in nature that builds temples, builds cities, builds machines, social engines, plans, and spreads over the Earth, into space, into the micro-physical domain, into the micro-physical domain.

We, who five million years ago were animals, can kindle in our deserts and if necessary upon the cities of our enemies the very energy which lights the stars at night. Now, something peculiar is going on here. Something is calling us out of nature and sculpting us in its own image. And the confrontation with this something is now not so far away. This is what the impending apparent end of everything actually means. It means that the denouement of human history is about to occur and is about to be revealed as a universal process of compressing and expressing novelty that is now going to become so intensified that it is going to flow over into another dimension. You can feel it. You can feel it in your own dreams. You can feel it in your own trips. You can feel that we're approaching the cusp of a catastrophe, and that beyond that cusp we are unrecognizable to ourselves. The wave of novelty that has rolled unbroken since the birth of the universe has now focussed and coalesced itself in our species. And if it seems unlikely to you that the world is about to transform itself, then think of it this way: think of a pond, and think of how if the surface of the pond begins to boil - that's the signal that some enormous protean form is about to break the surface of the pond and reveal itself.

Human history IS the boiling of the pond surface of ordinary biology. We are flesh which has been caught in the grip of some kind of an attractor that lies ahead of us in time, and that is sculpting us to its ends; speaking to us through psychedelics, through visions, through culture, and technology, consciousness. The language forming capacity in our species is propelling itself forward as though it were going to shed the monkey body and leap into some extra-surreal space that surrounds us, but that we can not currently see. Even the people who run the planet, the World Bank, the IMF, you name it, they know that history is ending. They know by the reports which cross their desks: the disappearance of the ozone layer, the toxification of the ocean, the clearing of the rain forests. What this means is that the womb of the planet has reached its finite limits, and that the human species has now, without choice, begun the descent down the birth canal of collective transformation toward something right around the corner and nearly completely unimaginable.

And this is where the psychedelic shaman comes in because I believe that what we really contact through psychedelics is a kind of hyperspace. And from that hyperspace we look down on..., we look down on both the past and the future, and we anticipate the end. And a shaman is someone who has seen the end, and therefore is a trickster, because you don't worry if you've seen the end. If you know how it comes out you go back and you take your place in the play, and you let it all roll on without anxiety. This is what boundary dissolution means. It means nothing less than the anticipation of the end state of human history. A return to the archaic mode. A rediscovery of the orgiastic freedom of the African grasslands of 20,000 years ago. A techno-escape forward into a future that looks more like the past than the future because materialism, consumerism, product-fetishism, all of these things will be eliminated and technology will become nanotechnology and disappear from our physical presence.

If we have the dream, if we allow the wave of novelty to propel us toward the creativity that is inimitable to the human condition. That's what we're talking about here: psychedelics as a catalyst to the human imagination, psychedelics as a catalyst for language; because what cannot be said, cannot be created by the community. So what we need then is the forced evolution of language. And the way to do that is to go back to the agents that created language in the very first place. And that means the psychedelic plants, the Gaian Logos, and the mysterious, beckoning, extraterrestrial minds beyond. Hooking ourselves back up in to the chakras of the hierarchy of nature, turning ourselves over to the mind of the total other that created us and brought us forth out of animal organization. We are somehow part of the planetary destiny. How well we do determines how well the experiment of life on Earth does, because we have become the cutting edge of that experiment, we define it, and we hold in our hands the power to make or to break it.

This is not a dress rehearsal for the apocalypse. This is not a pseudo-millenium. This is the real thing folks. This is not a test. This is the last chance before things become so dissipated that there is no chance for cohesiveness. We can use the calendar as a club. We can make the millenium an occasion for establishing an authentic human civilization, overcoming the dominator paradigm, dissolving boundaries through psychedelics, recreating a sexuality not based on monotheism, monogamy and monotony. We.. All these things are possible if we can understand the overarching metaphor which holds it together which is the celebration of mind as play, the celebration of love as a genuine social value in the community. This is what they have suppressed so long. This is why they are so afraid of the psychedelics, because they understand that once you touch the inner core of your own and someone else's being you can't be led into thing-fetishes and consumerism. The message of psychedelics is that culture can be re-engineered as a set of emotional values rather than products. This is terrifying news. And if we are able to make this point then we can pull back, we can pull back and we can transcend. Nine times in the last million years the ice has ground south from the poles pushing human populations ahead of it and those people didn't fuck up. Why should we then? We are all survivors. We are the inheritors of a million years of striving for the unspeakable. And now with the engines of technology in our hands we ought to be able to reach out and actually exteriorize the human soul at the end of time, invoke it into existence like a UFO and open the violet doorway into hyperspace and walk through it, out of profane history and into the world beyond the grave, beyond shamanism, beyond the end of history, into the galactic millennium that has beckoned to us for millions of years across space and time. THIS IS THE MOMENT. A planet brings forth an opportunity like this only once in its lifetime, and we are ready, and we are poised. And as a community we are ready to move into it, to claim it, to make it our own. It's there. Go for it, and thank you.

User avatar
Rokazulu
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Rokazulu » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:30 am

I like Alan Watts who said that once you receive the message you hang up the phone. Bashar has stated that we don't need these plants as much as we think, that once we get the vibration we know the state of being we wish to be in.

However! I have a tremendous respect for Mckenna. That video you posted about schizophrenia made me realize many things about myself since I was diagnosed with the """mental illness""" before. In fact, many shamans can see between dimensions and are immediately initiated in other cultures, but if you are a schizo in America, it is rather hellish unless you realize what is happening.

I think, yeah, some people's path involves more work with the plants. Only if you hold it to the highest ideal and use it as a holy sacrament and not some recreational throw-away! These plants are telling us something very important and Mckenna, as well as many many others were the pathfinders of their time and have shown us a new way to expand consciousness.

[I think timewave zero was a great theory! And his date was almost accurate! But we will reach that great novelty point in a short while! All technologies will be released and it will be like a new existence has been birthed from the throes of the dark age!~]

User avatar
AlwaysBeNice
-
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:18 am

In actual fact, 99,9% of all adults are not fully sane. Because we almost all have some fear left to some degree, and fear implies separation and that's just false. The ones that are beyond that and only life in love could be called saints.
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:03 pm

AlwaysBeNice wrote:In actual fact, 99,9% of all adults are not fully sane. Because we almost all have some fear left to some degree, and fear implies separation and that's just false. The ones that are beyond that and only life in fear could be called saints.


Did you mean to write something other than "only life in fear"? Because I don't get that last sentence. Thanks.

User avatar
AlwaysBeNice
-
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Alice wrote:
AlwaysBeNice wrote:In actual fact, 99,9% of all adults are not fully sane. Because we almost all have some fear left to some degree, and fear implies separation and that's just false. The ones that are beyond that and only life in fear could be called saints.


Did you mean to write something other than "only life in fear"? Because I don't get that last sentence. Thanks.

Ah, should be 'love'
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:05 pm

AlwaysBeNice wrote:
Alice wrote:
AlwaysBeNice wrote:In actual fact, 99,9% of all adults are not fully sane. Because we almost all have some fear left to some degree, and fear implies separation and that's just false. The ones that are beyond that and only life in fear could be called saints.


Did you mean to write something other than "only life in fear"? Because I don't get that last sentence. Thanks.

Ah, should be 'love'


Only love in fear, OK...they meet fear with love...I like that 8-)

xplosiw
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby xplosiw » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:50 am

I think he means only lives in love?

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby Alice » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:05 am

xplosiw wrote:I think he means only lives in love?


Ah..yes, makes sense :idea: :mrgreen:

TBP
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby TBP » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:17 am

themaster wrote:I like his piece on how science was founded by a archangel dream ;) but yah it's true.. science was gifted to us by the archangels.. (they've been here all along working behind the scenes to help humanity get smarter etc. but of course we do work as a collective so one doesn't have to finger it as it's all them) ;)

One thing that wasn't originally part of that scientific template.. was skepticism.. which is why you hear me sometimes throw out 2 quotes from b about it..

"remember that skepticism is not a scientific point of view, open-mindedness is" - bashar

"skepticism in your society, now translates as a pre-conceived bias"


I mean at the bottom-line of the day.. skepticism/doubt/negative energy corrupts the entire scientific mindset.. puts you in that BIAS that bashar is talking about.. and really keeps us primitive. Or we can say.. those not educated.. At the same time I do understand without a little watching for liar (which kind of what skepticism is) does leave you vulnerable too..


Founded by an angel or by the false light? Descartes gave us the problem (scientific reductionist rationalism / "Enlightenment") and the solution at once (methodological skepticism / Cartesian doubt): http://thebiggestpicture.net/Skeptics

User avatar
AlwaysBeNice
-
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby AlwaysBeNice » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:53 am

Relevant given the change of our times
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7


Return to “Other channelers and teachers.”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests