Terrence McKenna

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

bothsidesnow

Re: Terrence McKenna

Postby bothsidesnow » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:28 am

This is brilliant. No doubt. Something to really pay attention to.

spacetribe

Postby spacetribe » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:34 pm

TM's work on the relation between language and meaning - in the Alien Dreamtime talk and elsewhere - is some of the most important spiritual progress ever to occur. I love dmtrmx (https://vimeo.com/37633048 ) which describes very well what it's like in the [dreamtime] template reality.

Alice

Postby Alice » Sat May 06, 2017 7:39 pm

"To search expectantly for a radio signal from an extraterrestrial source is probably as culture bound a presumption as to search the galaxy for a good Italian restaurant." :lol:

It is only the conceit of the scientific and post-industrial societies that allows us to even propound some of the questions that we take to be so important. For instance, the question of contact with extraterrestrials is a kind of red herring premised upon a number of assumptions that a moment's reflection will show are completely false. To search expectantly for a radio signal from an extraterrestrial source is probably as culture bound a presumption as to search the galaxy for a good Italian restaurant. And yet, this has been chosen as the avenue by which it is assumed contact is likely to occur. Meanwhile, there are people all over the world - psychics, shamans, mystics, schizophrenics - whose heads are filled with information, but it has been ruled a priori irrelevant, incoherent, or mad. Only that which is validated through consensus via certain sanctioned instrumentalities will be accepted as a signal.

Terence McKenna, 1982

TheInventor

Postby TheInventor » Thu May 11, 2017 4:25 am

Are you familiar with his work on Timewave Zero?

I read the Timewave Zero. It didnt really explain Time, just a fractal type wave

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/sheliak/

So, he didnt make my list of Top Psychics, spelt it wrong.

Alice

Postby Alice » Thu May 11, 2017 4:37 pm

TheInventor wrote:Are you familiar with his work on Timewave Zero?

I read the Timewave Zero. It didnt really explain Time, just a fractal type wave

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/sheliak/

So, he didnt make my list of Top Psychics, spelt it wrong.

It wasn't his goal to be a top psychic. Just a top Terence :)

Yes, familiar with his Timewave Zero. I wrote about it. Excerpt from an essay:
A Zero Point was predicted for the year 2012. Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero theory was based on his work with the I Ching; he discovered that far from being simply a fortune-telling tool, it was a 384-day, thirteen lunar cycle calendar that could be used both for prediction and retrodiction. With this he worked out a formal mathematical theory that portrayed a time wave showing the ebb and flow of habit and novelty throughout history--times of relative stasis and times of decisive change. Using this method, which he incorporated into computer programs, he
found that there was a point at which the level of habit, or stasis, dropped to zero, and the level of novelty reached its zenith: December 21, 2012.

Speaking on Timewave Zero at a multimedia event called Alien Dreamtime in February 1993, McKenna referred to this as "the denouement of human history", wherein "the universal process of compressing and expressing novelty is now going to become so intensified that it is going to flow over into another dimension." Interviewed by OMNI magazine in May 1993, he said:

"All evolution has pushed for this moment, and there is no going back. What lies ahead is a dimension of such freedom and transcendence, that once in place, the idea of returning to the womb will be preposterous. We will live in the imagination. We will quickly become unrecognizable to our former selves because we're now defined by our limitations: the laws of gravity; the need to eat, excrete, and make money. We have the will to expand infinitely into pleasure, caring, attention, and connectedness. If nothing more -- and it's a lot more -- it's permission to hope."

As with a number of other researchers into the 2012 date, Terence's vision was bigger than the reality experienced by most. But what if this really happened and we just haven't aligned with it? Let's keep holding that vision.

Return to “Other channelers and teachers.”