Bentinho Massaro Clones Bashar

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

Alice

Re: Bentinho Massaro Clones Bashar

Postby Alice » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:18 am

Alice wrote:You're quoting someone else there--matcha.

Right. Look at the post again. I am quoting matcha and my reply appears below that.

Anyway, we all have our likes and dislikes and are entitled to them. Again, I am not a follower of his. I did think
that piece you linked to on "finding a girlfriend" to be excellent advice. And yes, I know your mileage varies. So be it.

TBP

Postby TBP » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:37 am

Hahahaha, Bentinho staying in the monogamy trap! Hilarious. :D

ampm247

Postby ampm247 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:02 pm

hm....new to this forum, not new to bashar, long-term aber/sethian... and most recently found BM rather intriguing until.... I listened to part 1 of this rise & fall gig... today on my drive to the pool, up to abt 50mins into it... I started to get VERY CREEPED out as it sounded like I was listening to bashar... and isn't that phrase ben uses... "does that make sense?" doesn't Darryl/bashar have a phrase like that? (cadence~wise)

so, googled it and wha-la here's the convo about it! LIFE IS GOOOOD!!! (O:

read thru all your posts on these 4-5 pages. all I can say is I REALLY liked the guy (ben) until this... smacks of jz knight LMAO and of course as he started to talk about BEING the new "government" I just decided to gag myself and get it over with.

I mean really... just who IS JOHN GALT??? LOL

I adore who I am, don't you just ADORE who we all are?? man.. we are amazing.

thanks gang for being here.
much love
big cyber hug
AnnMarie
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

mac

Postby mac » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Bentinho Massaro

https://www.facebook.com/edwardmuzika/posts/10202357501092149

Recently Bentinho has begun charging for Skype sessions at a rate of $600 an hour. Receiving 80% negative responses on Facebook for this tactic, he concluded the only explanation possible was that people were jealous (of his success).

Bentinho never thought for a moment the 80% negative comments might be telling him something about his focus on turning spirituality into a quest of fulfilling desires, and feeling good, rather than focusing on Self-Realization, knowledge, and devotional service to others.

He added that feeling jealousy meant these negative people were ready to move on past their limiting and negative core self-judgments, and join him in personal and world abundance through adjusting their “vibration” levels so as to live in “Endless Well Being and Fulfilled Desires for All.”

How is this a spiritual life? How is this different from what Gordon Gekko of Wall Street who said: “Greed is good. Greed is right. Greed works.”?

It works like the placebo effect. You feel better for a time because an authority gave you a medicine. Sometimes that is the only thing you needed for that illness of the moment and you report to the world your cure. But it is inevitable that the good news of that happiness fades and a few months later an even bigger "illness," psychological or spiritual, will manifest itself and you begin to see through the shallowness and repetitious nature of the medicine.

Fulfilling desires is an endless treadmill of goal-directed actions in order to stay happy through actualizing the self through successful acquisition of objects or implementations of goals. You are always on the run, climbing mountains in his case.

With Bentinho we find a young man, filled with himself and his mission, with the briefest understanding of pop psychology and feel good spirituality, preaching to an unsophisticated audience, “Follow me and I will help you get whatever you want. I will free your fettered self to claim its world thereby actualizing your “higher self.”

Bentinho next said it did not strike him as odd or unusual at all to charge $600 an hour which was a frequent criticism. In fact, he stated:

“I feel that what I offer is worth so much more than what I charge that I never feel like a fraud even if I would charge a million dollars.”

This is pure narcissism. He is so carried away by his “success” to this point, that he considers his words more valuable than gold.

Let us take a closer look at his methods.

His overarching belief is that it really does not matter what is going on in the now (our inner and outer world); our problems arise from core negative beliefs about ourselves, as well as negative evaluations of others and about what it happening in the world. What we need to do is identify those negative thoughts, realize they are our thoughts, and therefore we can toss them out and create a subjective world of “endless well-being and fulfilled desires for all” by getting rid of negativity and blocking concepts.

First of all, this method does not work except as a band aid for a moment. It suggests he believes that just by changing our evaluations about ourselves and the world, we can get what we want. If it were only that simple. This is just magical thinking.

Ending negative thoughts about ourselves can free us to a degree and certainly make us feel better, and even make us better able to function in the world. The technique of monitoring and dropping negative self-talk is part of cognitive behavioral psychology which is known for its short-time and short term fixes.

It is also called cognitive reframing, where we look at some point of suffering in our lives, find the thoughts that cause guilt, depression, fear, or functional blockage, and find a new interpretation that dissolves the suffering. This usually requires outside help to get out of our frame and cast the situation in a new and conflict-free light. That is where the $600/hour consultation comes in.

For Bentinho it is always the mind that is the problem. If the mind gets rid of negative, self-defeating concepts, it magically opens a way for desires to be fulfilled. That is, feeling positively about goals creates situations whereby they will be fulfilled, either because the mind now can find ways to succeed, or magically, opportunities will open up because you “vibrate” on a “higher” level, and “resonate” with a “higher truth” of a “higher self.”

But these methods are only effective on the level of mind and emotions and goes no deeper into our Consciousness. It only deals with thought forms and emotions arising in the Now, and can never get deeper into the Subtle body, the unconscious mind, the Causal Body, or the Love/bliss body (Turiya) that Ramana, Nisargadatta, and Robert Adams speak of. Nor is there much room for God or grace; salvation is always my doing.

Thomas Burns summarized the cultic implications of Bentinho’s method thus:

"It isn't really about Bentinho. He is representative of the very natural tendency people have for an easy answer, and the 'teachers' that emerge to cater to that need. His new thrust of late has been a wholesale copy and paste of the Law of Attraction with an Advaita cloak, 'Believe it and you can be it'. Indeed! That snake oil prophesy has found a new messenger and as always needy and eager consumers.

Bentinho is not alone in his teaching a positive spin on spirituality. The spin is so compelling because it allows his followers (more like fans!) to believe that they too can be mythic heroes in their own transformation stories. Initially cognitive shifts, insights and good feelings can come. These temporary insights can seem very convincing and the 'good' feeling states themselves can be quite addictive. A state of bliss can be an efficient way to end any real curiosity about our odd and conflicted natures. It also leads to a trend of bragging on social media about MY story of how 'I' changed, the classic Before and After picture! This creates a very public echo chamber of bliss stories and the not so subtle invitation for others to join the bandwagon. Critical discernment suffers as people self censor to stay on the side of the new 'good feeling' norm and of course, as in the case of all manner of sect like thinking, criticism and critics are slowly and surely banished, or shamed to look at the their own so called 'limiting beliefs'.

Bentinho says we can identify the negative beliefs and get rid of them. But who or what is the "we" who is doing all this, the I? Surely it is the mind, and the mind cannot move beyond itself to the Self, to Turiya or even most of the Subtle Body and certainly not the unconsciousness, reachable only through psychotherapy with a trained analyst.

Accessing these levels requires entirely different methods, such as following the thread of ‘I Am’ to the root of Consciousness, where true happiness, true joy, Self-Realization, and utterly complete self-confidence lie because you have found yourself at your root, rather than on the surface in the Now where the objects, feelings, and understanding are constantly changing.

Bentinho has you dealing with whatever arises in awareness in the Now which will forever hide the source that is being reflected in the Now. You will never reach the source, the true Self, the divine aspect of You, until you follow the thread of awareness of the I Am downwards into the Self. Otherwise you stay on the surface and do pop cognitive/behavioral psychology.

Also, Bentinho’s method of taking frequent 3-5 second "inner breaks" to get a fresh view of "what is," certainly does not compare with hundreds or thousands of hours or meditation or self-inquiry required by Advaita and other traditions as a method of discovering all aspects of yourself. Nor do those 3 second snatches allow you to really find the empty expanse of the interior space that contains all inner phenomena, and allows for the stillness necessary to experience Consciousness lighting up by means of its own awareness.

His method also requires us to abandon discriminative wisdom which is often critical, and which arises from experience. For example, wisdom allows us to see our realistic limits, such as having no talent, yet wanting to be a famous actor, artist, or mathematician with no math ability. Using his method we would attempt to cast off that accurate recognition of our limits in order to free ourselves to become a successful actor or mathematician (fulfilled desire). Our desires would be at war with our own wisdom about our limitations.

The same thing about the rest of the world: there really are “bad” things in the world that just don’t go away if we don’t judge them, from wars, to dictators, to environmental degradation, to animal cruelty. In this world, our empathy for the suffering of others leads us to compassionate action to change things for the better against the status quo acceptance of misery and pain as being part of life. We become our brothers’ keeper.

https://www.facebook.com/edwardmuzika/posts/10202357501092149

Sariel

Postby Sariel » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 am

Hi Mac

Where can I find the original post of Bentinho Massaro about the $600 per session message? I follow him in FB ( his personal account and the Bentinho Massaro's Teaching and Community account) and I couldn't find that information. The only info I found is this, from his website:

"I have had many requests over the years to do private sessions but have always felt more passionate about working with large groups. If you want to integrate my teachings into your own practical every-day life, then--in addition to Trinfinity Academy--I highly recommend making use of the personal availability, skills, and depth of experience that my facilitators have to offer."
His facilitators, Ryan Brown and Pete James charge $95 per 50 minutes of coaching.
http://www.bentinhomassaro.com/private-sessions/
Thanks!
“Circumstances don't matter, only my State of Being matters” Bashar
I AM THAT

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:04 am

If that is true, then I agree he's full of shit.. But that's two years old post though and no confirmation. Anyone could write that.

mac

Postby mac » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Massaro's $600/sessionrate posted on his FB page, got so much negative results that he came up with the scam-idea that he needed the money to pay the rent of a friend. It didn't fly.

The point is not necessarily Massaro, the point in my POV is that there are scads of channelers with integrity, who have original material. Why waste your efforts on the zero sum of the teacher-guru equation?

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:10 am

Indeed

Bootsy McCall

Postby Bootsy McCall » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Bentinho is now trying to get his disciples to buy him this $15 MILLION mansion while they live in tipis. He has become very sick and dangerous. I posted this in his closed Facebook group and he immediately kicked me off. http://sedonarealestate.leecongdon.com/ ... 36-Arizona

infinity is now

Postby infinity is now » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:49 pm

I think Bentinho Massaro has a lot of issues from his latest FB post from what I saw. I personally don't care for his latest material and have chosen to stay away from his work. He's got a lot of the same ideas as Bashar and I'd rather listen to Bashar anytime over Bentinho. I don't even know if Bentinho is really channeling. Part of me has always felt there was something "fraud lke" about him, but who am I to judge?

That aside, the post above from Edward Muzika, I have read previously. As a previous Vedanta student myself, I understand where Ed is coming from. However, Ed is a typical traditional Vedanta teacher and these guys often have their own very rigid beliefs about the Universe. They don't believe you are creating your own reality and therefore, of course they will condemn any kind of teaching (such as above) that portrays this way of thinking. So, while I support some of the stuff he has said about Massaro, Muzika and many of the same lineage, all have issues with any people who are on paths that they deem as "un-spiritual". Vedanta, while helpful for me initially when I studied under a different teacher (James Swartz), was just another form of dogma/religion I realized. These guys believe there is a massive process of "enlightnment" that requires years and years and years (go to Muzika's website to see what I mean) of "spiritual practice". He's equally full of his own shit, but clearly he's unaware of it. So, take what you will from any information.

Bootsy McCall

Postby Bootsy McCall » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 am

Yup. I am a wildly free and sovereign being. I read about different teachings because it fascinates me but I don't care much about the human it comes from. HOWEVER I have concern when less awake people are about to send some dude their life savings. Then I act.

infinity is now

Postby infinity is now » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:23 am

He actually made Trinfinity Academy free and there's a lot of good stuff on there. So, I'm really not sure what's going on on his end.

Bootsy McCall

Postby Bootsy McCall » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:37 pm

My expert (not really) ;) opinion is that he got very frightened during the darkness retreat and had to leave early. I think he is scared to death of being alone. His initial report after it was powerful and he seemed to have gained some wisdom and confidence and intended tl spend more time in silence. But somehow a few hours later his fear and mental illness took back over and he went all crazy cult leader to distract himself. Sad but very common. He just posted that 50-75% of his associates feel burned and left. If 50-75% of your friends think you're a dick, you're probably a dick. Ha ha!

mac

Postby mac » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 pm

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 pm

I have to say, if nothing else, he's ballin' through life

love76

Postby love76 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Im going to watch this video and ben needs to reference back to the sources of his info otherwise people new to this will not know he got it from bashar.

Eben Keel

Postby Eben Keel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:39 pm

I came across him a few months ago, very interesting but not for me. I go with whatever and whoever resonates with me, and at this time it is not him. But I can certainly understand that there's an attraction to his vibration, and maybe if I was younger I might have "gushed" over him...lol...but I resonate more with Bashar at this time, and therein lies the genius of this three dimensional reality - so many teachers for ALL and there's plenty to be attracted to and resonate with.

yoshi8

Postby yoshi8 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Sorry if this has been posted before but thought it was funny and not done in a mean way.

yourownexcitingworld

Postby yourownexcitingworld » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 pm

I find it very uncomfortable to watch his videos. The energy seems very different than watching a Darryl Anka channeling Bashar session.

I don't know if this guy shares much good information, but I bet a lot of it is filtered through a very muddy conscience. He seems to show a lot of physical signs of being in psychotraumatic shock. I bet he is quite the sufferer. I'm not saying this to try to put the guy down, as many (if not all of us) may have suffered in this life, but he does seem to be running game.

This is in part why I try to be very careful around new age circles in person. They often seem to be filled with sufferers who follow sociopaths (another form of sufferer) regurgitating information through a muddy consciousness, which in a way may let people act like they're evolving when really they may have just found another trap that seems comfortable.

I think much of the success of Bashar may have to do with him being a channel of an ET (a topic he does speak on. He has suggested that people won't let humans integrate in the same way. They need an outside "authoooooority"). <- Did you read that in Darryl Ankas voice?
That may help let Darryl have very honest, clean consciousness come through without [as much] people hating him.

xplosiw

Postby xplosiw » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:53 am

Yeah, he is running a game. Last year he shared his dream of founding a multi-billion company focused on new age stuff, without any plans or practical ideas on how to do that. He asked investors to support him with hundreds of thousands of dollars, up to millions. Psychopaths often have dreams like this. Not to say it's a bad thing and you should start a company you believe in if you want to but multi-billion business comes after the fact, you don't consider that your true motivation to do it. It sounded like he said everything to get the audience to admire him.

Return to “Other channelers and teachers.”