Create Your Death Ground

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

Alice

Create Your Death Ground

Postby Alice » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 am

This was posted in one of my FB groups, think it can be helpful to those who have trouble following their excitement.
Sun Tzu wrote a book 2500 years ago that is still used today on military tactics which apply to life

One of his tactics was called death ground. Put 500 soldiers against 5000 and its not even. Back those 500 against a mountain where the only way is forward and incredible acts of bravery , strength and heroism occur almost all from people who didn't think they had it in them

The idea of course is when you cut off the options to escape or sit and do nothing you can find strength you were sure you didn't have

When Vikings landed to attack their leaders set the boats on fire. When our soldiers landed at Normandy they couldn't retreat. They were fighting for themselves and their buddies to survive the next minute

So the idea in life i found described really well below. Create your own death ground. Doesn't mean make stupid moves or decisions. But if you burn the bridge behind you and can't retreat or sit down you find ways to fight and move forward. It isn't all planned out and pretty. Maybe not as expected. But you do move forward.

Here is what i found on it:

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT

As Sun Tzu Once Wrote… It’s Time To Create Your Death Ground

Scott Scanlon

Sun Tzu wrote of creating a ‘death ground’ — a place where an army is backed up against some geographical feature like a mountain, a river, or a forest and has no escape route.

It was reasoned without a way to retreat an army fights with double or triple the spirit compared to being on open terrain, precisely because death is viscerally present. Sun Tzu advocated deliberately stationing soldiers on death ground to give them the desperate edge that makes men fight like they never had before. There doesn’t seem to be any better way to motivate someone to give it their all and maybe it’s time for you to create your death ground?

Yes, back yourself into a mountain, in fact, back yourself into a mountain full of dry trees and light that mountain on fire. This way you have no choice but to advance.

At first you can admire the great spectacle that is the flames. But as it grows you will begin to feel the heat. The flames rise and you are left with a choice.

Do I stand here and die or do I fight my way through the other side?

Do I stand here and die or do I fight my way through the other side?

We all are on a slow path to death. Grim isn’t it? You’re slowly dying…

It’s either you choose to place your back against the wall or you choose to live a life that does push you to your outer limits.

People change their behavior only if they have to.

We are creatures of habit. We get into the daily grind. When our situation is relaxed we tend to repeat the same motions every single day, often we fall prey to this self replicating nonsense.

If you want to change you must create a sense of urgency, immediate urgency will break this spell. I think there’s one true way to ensure you snap out of this trance…

Act Before You Are Ready

One of the best ways to put your back against the wall is to take action before you are ready. This doesn’t mean to just go and jump off a cliff with out a safety net–but sometimes acting rash will pay off.

Most successful people have the ability to execute a strategy or execute when they’ve gathered enough data but they feel something in their gut. A general rule when creating your death ground is to act before you think you are ready.

This is when you will become more resourceful with your efforts and under pressure creativity will flourish. It’s just like the soldiers on the battlefield, with nowhere to go and their backs against the mountains, suddenly they find strength and stamina they didn’t know existed and just enough to come out alive.

What To Do Now

Can you think of something that would be bold and a massive leap for you? What’s holding you back from taking this leap? Why didn’t you take this leap yesterday? Will you regret not taking it tomorrow, in a week, or a year? If so, then maybe it’s time to create your own personal death ground. If nothing else has worked for you up to this point then maybe you need to place your back up against that mountain, light the forest on fire, burn your boats, and never look back.

Return to “Other channelers and teachers.”