Anthony De Mello

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

Rokazulu

Anthony De Mello

Postby Rokazulu » Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 am

I just went back to hearing this and wow, it was helpful in many ways I didn't realize before.

His premise is awareness, which is similar to Eckhart Tolle and others.

The best part of what he says is not caring what others think about you. Success? Fame? Who cares when you are happy!! Do you react to a situation like you're a puppet on strings? All someone has to do is push your buttons with a different PERSPECTIVE than you and there you are having a negative feeling? The idea is that if you feel any anger, any kind of emotional pain at all... it's telling you something. That you need more awareness.

You all know this of course, but then why do we still care about other people's opinions about our self-image? Check him out. I enjoy him immensely. He uses stories to get his points across and has a lot of humour to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7ut_SePSo0

(8 Hours of Anthony De Mello)

Alice

Re: Anthony De Mello

Postby Alice » Thu May 18, 2017 4:26 am

I love, love Anthony de Mello! Thanks for posting that. I'd prefer there were subtitles, but I will give it a listen.

Yes, he is so humorous, down to earth, quirky and insightful. Indeed, who cares what people think of us! :mrgreen:

ialmostforgot

Postby ialmostforgot » Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Abe Hicks says pretty much the same thing: when you are in alignment you have clarity and the path unfolds naturally, and you don't need any kind of feedback from the outside.

Alexa

Postby Alexa » Wed May 24, 2017 6:29 am

About 15 years ago, when I was in the depth of the shittiest period of my life, a librarian gave me one of his books and told me it's going to change my life. I went back home and started reading it and threw the book away, it made absolutely no sense to me. Now, that I can actually hear him (both figuratively and physically), I appreciate every word he says and can look back and also appreciate my journey.

It's true you can only perceive what you're vibrating to.

Thank you, Rokazulu, it's great!

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed May 24, 2017 6:52 am

Facebook page with quotes and vids.
https://www.facebook.com/tonydemellocalltolove/WHO AM I?

Stories from The Song of the Bird:

A tale from Attar of Neishapur

The lover knocked at the door of his Beloved.
“Who knocks?” said the Beloved from within.
“It is I,” said the lover.
“Then go away. This house will not hold you and me.”
The rejected lover went away into the desert.
There he meditated for months on end, pondering the words of the Beloved. Finally he returned and knocked at the door again.

“Who knocks?”
“It is you.”

The door was immediately opened.

THE SALT DOLL

A salt doll journeyed for thousands of miles over land, until it finally came to the sea.

It was fascinated by this moving mass, quite unlike anything it had ever seen before.
“What are you?” said the salt doll to the sea.
The sea smilingly replied “Come in and see.”

So the doll waded into the sea. The further it walked into the sea the more it dissolved until there was only very little of it left.
Before that last bit dissolved, the doll exclaimed in wonder, “Now I know what I am!”

THE DUCKLING.

The Sufi saint, Shams-e Tabrizi tells the following story about himself:

I have been considered a misfit since my childhood. No one seemed to understand me. My own father once said to me, “You are not crazy enough to be put in a madhouse, and not withdrawn enough to be put in a monastery. What shall I do with you?”

I replied, “A duck’s egg was put under a hen. When the egg hatched the duckling walked with the hen to the edge of a pool and went straight into the water. The poor hen stayed anxiously clucking on the bank. Now, dear father, I have walked into the Ocean and find in it my home. You can hardly blame me if you choose to stay on the shore.”

THE GOLDEN EAGLE

A man found an eagle’s egg and put it in the nest of a backyard hen. The eaglet hatched with the brood of chicks and grew with them.

All his life the eagle did what the backyard chickens did,thinking he was a backyard chicken. He scratched the earth for worms and insects. He clucked and cackled. And he he would trash his wings and fly a few feet into the air like the chickens. After all, that is how a chicken is supposed to fly, isn’t it?

Years passed and the eagle grew very old. One day, he saw a magnificent bird far above him in the cloudless sky. It floated in graceful majesty among the powerful wind currents, with scarcely a beat of its strong golden wings.

The old eagle looked up in awe. “Who’s that?” he said to his neighbour. Thats the eagle, the king of the birds,’ said his neighbour. ’But don’t give it a thought. You and I are different from him.’

So the eagle never gave it another thought. He died thinking he was a backyard chicken.

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 am

Listening to this now.

Return to “Other channelers and teachers.”