Abe: Make peace with where you are

A place to talk about teachings that are not directly related to Bashar's channeled teachings.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 am

I think Bashar has said about the same thing in his own words.
Without this basic acceptance of where we are at here and now, we can't make much progress.

If you will make peace with where you are
you'll lock onto your signal.

In other words, if you'll say, "OK here I am.
Here I am. Good for me. Not bad for me. Good
for me. And from where I am I now choose this
and this and this."

If you make peace with where you are, meaning
you stop beating up on yourself about it,
you stop feeling regret about it,
you stop letting it suck the life out of you,
you stop letting other people make you feel guilty
about it, you stop being defensive about it.

Feel the difference between "here I am on my way
to over there" and "here I am; I've been here so long."
Or "here I am; I shouldn't be here" and "here I am;
it's your fault I'm here."

"Here I am and I don't really want to be here,
but here I am and it's all right." And
"Here I am and it's temporary."
(ooh that feels good doesn't it?)

Here I am in this temporary place on my way to
better and better. Here I am, pleased with who
I am on my way with greater clarity to who I
really am.

In other words, you've got to find ways to soften
your personal perspective of where you are because
where you are is the signal that you're beaming.
And you've got to lock on to the signal. You have
to find a way of linking up with this Source Energy.
When you don't, you're off the signal.

Source Energy believes that well being should be yours.
When you don't, you are off the signal.

Source Energy adores you.

Source Energy knows about your well-being.

Source Energy expects good things to come. And when you
don't, you're off the signal.

That's our best sales job yet. That nothing is more
important than that you feel good because the way you feel
is your indication of your signal.

ialmostforgot

Re: Abe: Make peace with where you are

Post by ialmostforgot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 am

Gee, this is really synchronistic. I was all morning thinking about this same stuff: a couple of days ago I sent a message to a group of entities that go by the name of Joshua -actually I came to this part of the forum to post something about them- and just this morning I received the answer to that message, which really stresses the same point.I quote:

"Give up your belief that things are wrong and that conditions should be different."

"The path to the change you prefer is through the acceptance of what currently exists."

So I've been debating inside myself about this because these statements really resonate with me, but in the nitty gritty of certain circumstances, I don't know, they are just too abstract, too up in the clouds. It's like, when you see something like an alcoholic parent it's just not doing it for me the whole "chill out" and "everything's fine" approach.

Alice

Post by Alice » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:48 pm

ialmostforgot wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 am
Gee, this is really synchronistic. I was all morning thinking about this same stuff: a couple of days ago I sent a message to a group of entities that go by the name of Joshua -actually I came to this part of the forum to post something about them- and just this morning I received the answer to that message, which really stresses the same point.I quote:

"Give up your belief that things are wrong and that conditions should be different."

"The path to the change you prefer is through the acceptance of what currently exists."

So I've been debating inside myself about this because these statements really resonate with me, but in the nitty gritty of certain circumstances, I don't know, they are just too abstract, too up in the clouds. It's like, when you see something like an alcoholic parent it's just not doing it for me the whole "chill out" and "everything's fine" approach.
There's a thread on this board initiated by me, about Ken Keyes Jr.'s book, Prescriptions For Happiness.

In a nutshell, the Prescriptions are:

Ask for what you want...but don't demand it.

Accept whatever happens, for now.

Turn up your love, even if you don't get what you want.
The book, which is a very quick and easy read, is available as a pdf if you are interested.

There are always going to be things that are unwanted. That's life! (I have experienced the issues with an alcoholic parent, and also with a couple of akcoholic roommates!) Resisting them only keeps us stuck. When you are at peace with "what is," you are sending the message to your Inner Being that you are ready to move on.

Last night I watched this movie with Keira Knightley, The Duchess. It's a period drama, a bit of a downer, but very well acted and the costumes and scenery are gorgeous. Reflecting on it, there are big lessons in the film about acceptance. By many standards, the character played by Knightley
was living an intolerable reality. Yet with acceptance, there was a kind of happy ending, though it was not dramatized. That's us humans, in general we focus on the awful aspects and skim over the resolution.

Anyway...go with the flow :D

ialmostforgot

Post by ialmostforgot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:13 pm

thanks Alice, I have just downloaded it. I'll check that movie too.

The way Bashar puts it has helped me a great deal, I think. He says something like you can validate one person's personal exploration, even when you do not agree with the content of that exploration, or wouldn't want it for yourself or anybody.

Alice

Post by Alice » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:15 am

ialmostforgot wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:13 pm
thanks Alice, I have just downloaded it. I'll check that movie too.

The way Bashar puts it has helped me a great deal, I think. He says something like you can validate one person's personal exploration, even when you do not agree with the content of that exploration, or wouldn't want it for yourself or anybody.
Yeah, the Pleiadians channeled by Marciniak, say essentially the same thing. From Bringers of the Dawn:
You will find that events do not come out of the blue. Some of you believe that you create your own reality but others do not
create theirs--especially little babies who have all kinds of things happen to them or children who are abused. It is a difficult concept for
many of you to grasp that seemingly helpless children or starving people also create their own reality. Whenever you buy into the victim
mentality, you send people the idea that they are powerless and you make that probability one for yourselves. You must learn to honor
other people's dramas and lessons. Realize that the newspaper is not going to tell you about the potential for change that exists for all of those
involved in a particular scenario, because newspapers do not report and cover things in that way. You do not honor the underlying
synchronicities of events, your media exposes only the external so-called facts and ignores the rich riverbed of emotional significance that
underlies human dramas and lessons.

Those who are involved in dramas in which it looks like someone is a victim are usually so out of touch with their feelings that they do not connect how they feel with what they are thinking. Victims find victims. Victors find victors. So please, with any newspaper event or world drama in which it looks as if people are hopeless victims, honor them and honor yourself by saluting that they created their own reality. It may not be a reality that you need to learn from--or anything that you feel a need to participate in. You must understand that others must go through the realms of density to bring them to light. Sometimes the greatest enlightenment lies in the greatest catastrophes and the greatest difficulties.
So if you do watch The Duchess, keep that in mind :)

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Yes good reminder always. This has to essentially be the point of physical reality. Eastern Mystics talk nothing but this point.

Also, I will butcher this quote but, Bashar said that mastery of physical reality has nothing to do with manipulating matter but, being so blissed out that no matter what happens you are in joy (Enlightenment/4th density obtained).

It is our inevitable destiny.
Rokazulu and the Mystical Eschaton
(The sharing of experiences)

Alice

Post by Alice » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 am

Rokazulu wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 pm
Yes good reminder always. This has to essentially be the point of physical reality. Eastern Mystics talk nothing but this point.

Also, I will butcher this quote but, Bashar said that mastery of physical reality has nothing to do with manipulating matter but, being so blissed out that no matter what happens you are in joy (Enlightenment/4th density obtained).

It is our inevitable destiny.
It's in the Bible too.
"In all circumstances I have learned to be content." - St. Paul

openmindedskeptic

Post by openmindedskeptic » Sun May 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Excellent, bravo Rokazulu and Alice..... this is one of the most important insights, and it is often overlooked by teachers and students who want to "manifest this or that" , quickly, so they can be happy..... "where's my manifestation stuff?...."

Here's another quote, sometimes attributed to Buddha.. "There is no way to happiness.... Happiness is the way."

I would also add that there is a "mastery" that needs to be learned, and that is the mastery of methods or techniques to get "so blissed out" in the first place and to get back there again every time life throws some unexpected "contrast" or "challenge" at us... as it will forever do, because that's the only way for our growth to occur.

This "mastery of bliss and acceptance " is more important than the "mastery of manifestation"...

Buddha told us to master the Eight Fold Path, Bashar tells us to simply follow our "excitement", other teachers teach other methods...

good luck to all of us in learning the important mastery, and bless us, every one....

Tiny Tim (OMS)

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun May 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks Tiny Tim (OMS)! I was very challenged recently to maintain this awareness. I felt my security and way of life was
threatened. You are right that it comes down to mastering ways we can stay in or return to that state of being. "Circumstances don't
matter, only state of being matters. What state of being do I prefer?"

Over the years, I've found this from a Unity minister very helpful in getting through such stuff. It is right in sync with what Abraham says
about these kinds of experiences. '"A Flood Can Be A Healing."
You just keep lifting yourself up.
https://books.google.com/books?id=7aF5D ... ng&f=false