Bashar and Ho'oponopono

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Alice

Bashar and Ho'oponopono

Post by Alice » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:29 am

I am big on both Bashar and Ho'oponopono, glad to find them together in this video, although I like the Bashar part better than the Ho'oponopono part, perhaps because I already know all that he (Joe Vitale) is saying there.

Edit: Unfortunately, the video's gone.

rancocas

Re: Bashar and Ho'oponopono

Post by rancocas » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:13 pm

absolutely brilliant and exactly what I needed right now, thank you for sharing. I love how it fits in so snugly with bashar.

Alice

Post by Alice » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:53 am

rancocas wrote:absolutely brilliant and exactly what I needed right now, thank you for sharing. I love how it fits in so snugly with bashar.
You are very welcome! (missed your post previously) Yes, it is awesome, isn't it!

Post by Newbie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks Alice! Is there some more material that you can share on Ho'oponopono? I am intrigued.

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:31 am

Newbie wrote:Thanks Alice! Is there some more material that you can share on Ho'oponopono? I am intrigued.
Glad you are interested! :)

On youtube, there's a series of nine videos about Ho'oponopono with Dr. Hew Len, teacher and practitioner of Ho'oponopono.

This blog is a good resource.
http://www.peacefuldoc.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

I'd also recommend this book:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008L044DA/re ... TF8&btkr=1

Post by Newbie » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:37 am

Alice wrote:
Newbie wrote:Thanks Alice! Is there some more material that you can share on Ho'oponopono? I am intrigued.
Glad you are interested! :)

On youtube, there's a series of nine videos about Ho'oponopono with Dr. Hew Len, teacher and practitioner of Ho'oponopono.

This blog is a good resource.
http://www.peacefuldoc.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

I'd also recommend this book:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008L044DA/re ... TF8&btkr=1
Thanks so much! I will check these out. Appreciate it :)

Post by Newbie » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:43 am

I found a kindle copy of the book that you recommended at my library. Just downloaded. So happy. God bless public library sytem! And of course - thanks Alice :)

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:01 am

Newbie wrote:I found a kindle copy of the book that you recommended at my library. Just downloaded. So happy. God bless public library sytem! And of course - thanks Alice :)
Welcome Newbie :) I'd be up for discussing the book if you are!

Post by Newbie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Alice wrote:
Newbie wrote:I found a kindle copy of the book that you recommended at my library. Just downloaded. So happy. God bless public library sytem! And of course - thanks Alice :)
Welcome Newbie :) I'd be up for discussing the book if you are!
Thanks Alice :)
I am halfway through the book. I have been pretty much reading/watching vids about Ho’oponopono the last two days. The ideology seems similar to A Course in Miracles – you are not in the world, but the world is in you. I recently started reading ACIM as well, but I felt resistance towards the teaching that we made a mistake by splitting off from God and have to undo this error. But I still resonate with the other teachings and feel that it can be useful in bringing peace, so at this time I am only doing the Workbook lessons. Regarding Ho’, I like it. I understand that we are not part of physical reality but we are all our own individual universes interacting with each other – in a multiverse way. So, in that sense taking responsibility for everything in our reality makes sense – since we cannot perceive anything that we are not the vibration of. But it seems to me that Ho’ is similar to ACIM in the way that both talk about undoing errors/cleaning up previous programs. I definitely like them both, but I want to understand how passion and desire and preference fit into these two models. Ho’ says desire is going away from God de+sire. And I understand we come here for experience, but is it not good to have an ecstatic active experience (what Bashar teaches) vs a passive experience (ACIM/Ho’). I know it is not this or that. It is this and that. But I am having a tough time understanding how to fit in desires with ACIM/Ho’. I know people practice ACIM/Ho’ and they get results as fringe benefits. Bashar also says circumstances don’t matter only state of being – so may be that’s what I am missing.
But overall I like Ho’. This is something that I can practice. The only resistance that I feel coming up is that do I have to sit all day and clean? That’s what seems to be the message. What are your thoughts on this? How often do you practice it? Also, looks like there are different tools to practice but Vitale could not share them because of copyright issues. But overall, I got the sense that if we can use the four statements to clean, that is enough.

Also, Bashar says we are only responsible for ourselves not for others, but Ho' says that we have to take responsibility for everything. So, if someone is in a bad relationship/soul sucking job, Bashar would say leave unless your belief system does not agree, but Ho' would say repeat the four phrases because you are responsible.

Alice

Post by Alice » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:05 am

Hi Newbie, glad you are into the book, thanks for your comments. Replies interspersed:
Newbie wrote: I am halfway through the book. I have been pretty much reading/watching vids about Ho’oponopono the last two days. The ideology seems similar to A Course in Miracles – you are not in the world, but the world is in you. I recently started reading ACIM as well, but I felt resistance towards the teaching that we made a mistake by splitting off from God and have to undo this error. But I still resonate with the other teachings and feel that it can be useful in bringing peace, so at this time I am only doing the Workbook lessons. Regarding Ho’, I like it. I understand that we are not part of physical reality but we are all our own individual universes interacting with each other – in a multiverse way. So, in that sense taking responsibility for everything in our reality makes sense – since we cannot perceive anything that we are not the vibration of. But it seems to me that Ho’ is similar to ACIM in the way that both talk about undoing errors/cleaning up previous programs. I definitely like them both, but I want to understand how passion and desire and preference fit into these two models. Ho’ says desire is going away from God de+sire. And I understand we come here for experience, but is it not good to have an ecstatic active experience (what Bashar teaches) vs a passive experience (ACIM/Ho’).

I know it is not this or that. It is this and that. But I am having a tough time understanding how to fit in desires with ACIM/Ho’. I know people practice ACIM/Ho’ and they get results as fringe benefits. Bashar also says circumstances don’t matter only state of being – so may be that’s what I am missing.
Yes, it is state of being that is the focus of Ho'oponopono. "Peace begins with me" - a Ho'oponopono saying.

I actually never heard that desire is going away from God in my studies of Ho'oponopono. But in a way it makes sense. The essence of Ho'oponopono, as i see it, is that we are actually clueless on the level of the conscious, thinking mind. (Bashar says much the same in his teaching on physical mind vs. higher mind.) Higher mind, in Ho'oponopono terms, is the superconscious. In other words, we may think we know what is best for us and how things ought to go, but higher mind/superconscious knows best. :)

But overall I like Ho’. This is something that I can practice. The only resistance that I feel coming up is that do I have to sit all day and clean? That’s what seems to be the message. What are your thoughts on this? How often do you practice it? Also, looks like there are different tools to practice but Vitale could not share them because of copyright issues. But overall, I got the sense that if we can use the four statements to clean, that is enough.
There are various "cleaning tools" you can use. Here's a couple of links.
http://www.peacefuldoc.com/2012/08/hoop ... r-you.html
http://dailydivineblessings.blogspot.co ... tools.html

After you have done the Ho'oponopono mantra long enough, it starts automatically playing in your consciousness as you go through your day. btw, Dr. Hew Len says that simply saying "I Love You" is enough.
Also, Bashar says we are only responsible for ourselves not for others, but Ho' says that we have to take responsibility for everything. So, if someone is in a bad relationship/soul sucking job, Bashar would say leave unless your belief system does not agree, but Ho' would say repeat the four phrases because you are responsible.
The point of doing Ho'oponopono is to allow for inspiration to come through from your Divinity. This may mean either staying or leaving a relationship or job. It is up to us to be alert to the messages.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other q's. :)

Alice

Post by Alice » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:16 pm

You may appreciate:

Post by Newbie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:04 am

Alice wrote:You may appreciate:

Thanks Alice :). Still reading the book. But wanted to take a moment to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am completely blown away. This seems simple but it very profound. Ho'oponopono seems to be the missing piece that I was looking for in my ACIM practice. It resonates deeply with me. My gratitude and love to you for bringing it to me :)

Alice

Post by Alice » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:00 am

Newbie wrote:
Alice wrote:You may appreciate:

Thanks Alice :). Still reading the book. But wanted to take a moment to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am completely blown away. This seems simple but it very profound. Ho'oponopono seems to be the missing piece that I was looking for in my ACIM practice. It resonates deeply with me. My gratitude and love to you for bringing it to me :)
Simple but profound - you've got it. :idea: Gratitude and love to you also. I look forward to further discussions. :)

Alice

Post by Alice » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:26 am

Some great posts on Ho'oponopono here: http://www.zenchillblog.com/search?q=ho%27oponopono

Post by Newbie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:09 am

Alice wrote:Some great posts on Ho'oponopono here: http://www.zenchillblog.com/search?q=ho%27oponopono
Thanks Alice. These really are good. A few statements that have resonated with me from Dr Hew Len's teachings -
1. Have you noticed whenever there is a problem, you are there.
2. If you spot an issue with someone else, you also have it - kinda they have a virus and if you judge them you also have the virus.
3. Problems are old memories and data coming up to be released. If we don't clean, they will keep showing up in different forms.

Love all of these. But I doubt that if I just say I am sorry and the other cleaning statements without meaning them, they will work. I understand he explains it like hitting the delete key, but I feel we are not programmed like computers. Also, another question - how does intention and desire fit into this? Some teachings say that if you don't have an intention, if you are neutral towards anything those things do not manifest. Would you please share your thoughts?

Alice

Post by Alice » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:46 am

Newbie wrote:
Alice wrote:Some great posts on Ho'oponopono here: http://www.zenchillblog.com/search?q=ho%27oponopono
Thanks Alice. These really are good. A few statements that have resonated with me from Dr Hew Len's teachings -
1. Have you noticed whenever there is a problem, you are there.
2. If you spot an issue with someone else, you also have it - kinda they have a virus and if you judge them you also have the virus.
3. Problems are old memories and data coming up to be released. If we don't clean, they will keep showing up in different forms.

Love all of these. But I doubt that if I just say I am sorry and the other cleaning statements without meaning them, they will work. I understand he explains it like hitting the delete key, but I feel we are not programmed like computers. Also, another question - how does intention and desire fit into this? Some teachings say that if you don't have an intention, if you are neutral towards anything those things do not manifest. Would you please share your thoughts?
On some level you do mean those words in the mantra, even if they are not as emotion-backed as they usually are. I assure you I don't feel like a computer when I am doing Ho'oponopono. I can still be feeling it all, including anger, worry and the rest of it, but I simply plough on toward the Peace of I, and follow the nudgings of inspiration from my Divinity.

I still set intentions, as I am inspired to. I find that doing Ho'oponopono, my creations reflect that inspiration.

Post by Newbie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:09 am

On some level you do mean those words in the mantra, even if they are not as emotion-backed as they usually are. I assure you I don't feel like a computer when I am doing Ho'oponopono. I can still be feeling it all, including anger, worry and the rest of it, but I simply plough on toward the Peace of I, and follow the nudgings of inspiration from my Divinity.

I still set intentions, as I am inspired to. I find that doing Ho'oponopono, my creations reflect that inspiration.
I like your focus towards the Peace of I - so like saying the statements with the intent of peace. Thanks!!

Alice

Post by Alice » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:28 am

Newbie wrote:

I like your focus towards the Peace of I - so like saying the statements with the intent of peace. Thanks!!
Welcome! That is what it's all about.

Alice

Post by Alice » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Aside from the mantra, there are a number of "cleaning tools" we can use. Some are described here:

Corn is one of them:

"Corn ~ is another cleaning tool. Ho'oponopono advises us to love our food before we eat it, so love your corn and start having more of it, it cleans the bad programs we're all interested in getting rid of. Eat it as blue corn meal, corn chips or corn itself."

Lately I've been inspired to make a bean meal that includes a cup of frozen organic corn, as well as organic blue corn chips. Tasty! Great to know it's helping to clean on my programs, as well! :D

Post by Newbie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:42 am

Alice wrote:Aside from the mantra, there are a number of "cleaning tools" we can use. Some are described here:

Corn is one of them:

"Corn ~ is another cleaning tool. Ho'oponopono advises us to love our food before we eat it, so love your corn and start having more of it, it cleans the bad programs we're all interested in getting rid of. Eat it as blue corn meal, corn chips or corn itself."

Lately I've been inspired to make a bean meal that includes a cup of frozen organic corn, as well as organic blue corn chips. Tasty! Great to know it's helping to clean on my programs, as well! :D
Nice!! I started using the solar water tool. I do it when I am at home during the day so like 3-4 days a week. Have been doing for two weeks. I also started with the pencil with eraser technique but haven't kept up. That was interesting in the way it happened. I was looking for a pencil with eraser and couldn't find one and two minutes later I found it in the same spot. So I took that as a sign from the Universe :lol: Well, I guess I should bring that pencil out and start erasing :P