"Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Post Reply
bshr101
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:40 am

"Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by bshr101 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Today a campaign has been launched by Thomas Campbell (former NASA physicist) and a team of Ph.D. scientists who have developed quantum mechanics experiments that will prove that we live in a virtual reality. The experiments have been peer-reviewed, approved and published in the International Journal of Quantum Foundations.

Seems exciting. I wonder how this will impact our world.
Here it is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/si ... al-reality


Image


openmindedskeptic
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by openmindedskeptic » Sun May 20, 2018 11:53 am

Very interesting, thanks. Unfortunately the very nature of Like Attracts Like is that one always attracts to oneself proof of what one believes.

No matter what the experiment shows, it will be considered as fake news, or flawed science, by people who don't want to believe the results.

You can prove things to yourself, if you're open minded and are willing to experiment, but you can never prove something to someone else if they don't want to believe it. "Fake news" is both a hilarious and sad concept.... but it shows how strong the power of denial can be...

The skeptical part of my brain is forced to be receptive and reflective by the open sided part of my brain... I don't blindly believe everything Darryl/ Bashar says, but I like to experiment with and benefit from the suggestions for exciting and pleasant living that are made to us.

OMS

OgBashar
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by OgBashar » Sun May 20, 2018 7:48 pm

openmindedskeptic wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:53 am
Very interesting, thanks. Unfortunately the very nature of Like Attracts Like is that one always attracts to oneself proof of what one believes.

No matter what the experiment shows, it will be considered as fake news, or flawed science, by people who don't want to believe the results.

You can prove things to yourself, if you're open minded and are willing to experiment, but you can never prove something to someone else if they don't want to believe it. "Fake news" is both a hilarious and sad concept.... but it shows how strong the power of denial can be...

The skeptical part of my brain is forced to be receptive and reflective by the open sided part of my brain... I don't blindly believe everything Darryl/ Bashar says, but I like to experiment with and benefit from the suggestions for exciting and pleasant living that are made to us.

OMS
I kind of consider the experiments to be a sort of permission slip for scientists. It may help some of them to see the possibility of a larger reality and start searching but yes, there will likely be those who prefer not too unfortunately.

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2168
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by Alice » Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 pm

Thanks bshr101! Yes, it is exciting. Posted at my FB wall.

Open Minded Skeptic, you are probably right that this will be rejected by the scientific materialists,
but like Bashar says, we are not to worry about how many people we impact. If we reach just one person. that's enough.
But I think more people are getting interested in such things. An idea whose time has come.

And I'm sure the fact that the campaign is led by Thomas Campbell, is favorable for its success.


bshr101
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:40 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by bshr101 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 am

Real scientists do not reject scientific proof, no matter how much it disturbs them.

OgBashar
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by OgBashar » Mon May 21, 2018 11:21 am

bshr101 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 am
Real scientists do not reject scientific proof, no matter how much it disturbs them.
True, assuming that the definition of a real scientist is someone who searches for the truth and then accepts what they find by recognizing previous errors and gaps within their own knowledge.

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2168
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by Alice » Mon May 21, 2018 8:15 pm

OgBashar wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:21 am
bshr101 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 am
Real scientists do not reject scientific proof, no matter how much it disturbs them.
True, assuming that the definition of a real scientist is someone who searches for the truth and then accepts what they find by recognizing previous errors and gaps within their own knowledge.
Fortunately there are some...I think those in the vanguard of quantum physics, like Campbell, fit that description.

OgBashar
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by OgBashar » Mon May 21, 2018 11:59 pm

Fortunately there are some...I think those in the vanguard of quantum physics, like Campbell, fit that description.
Yea, I definitely have a positive perception of Tom and what he’s trying to do. Here’s an interesting article recently posted on the MBT forum.

https://www.edge.org/conversation/neil_ ... al-reality

The date is from 2015. It’s a long article, and a bit hard to understand everything as it’s written by someone who has an extremely technical and diverse understanding of many aspects of science and engineering, history, art, literature and it seems just about everything. Lol. But I think it’s worth the effort. If he’s right, digital manufacturing can be added to the list of things (like block chain) that are very soon going to change everything. Most likely for the better. It looks like all our wildest dreams are coming true. :o :D

User avatar
Rokazulu
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by Rokazulu » Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 am

Materialists have the truth.
It's extremely limited and requires one hundred thousand megatons of pressurized judgment.

I'm glad I don't have to carry all those negative beliefs on my shoulders.

We'll have to wait until conscious AI before the great materialist trust switches over into something more exciting.

I don't want to take attention away from this work as it is the heretical scientists like Tom who actually offered another perspective for me to consider.
Rokazulu and the Mystical Eschaton
(The sharing of experiences)

OgBashar
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by OgBashar » Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 am
Materialists have the truth.
It's extremely limited and requires one hundred thousand megatons of pressurized judgment.

I'm glad I don't have to carry all those negative beliefs on my shoulders.

We'll have to wait until conscious AI before the great materialist trust switches over into something more exciting.

I don't want to take attention away from this work as it is the heretical scientists like Tom who actually offered another perspective for me to consider.
Lol, “one hundred thousand megatons of pressurized judgment”. :lol:

You make a valid point. Materialists, materialized atomic weapons. They helped us to see some of what we don’t prefer.

I wouldn’t label Tom as a materialist though. He seems to me to be more of a “digitalist”. Meaning he sees duality but perhaps misses the idea of a balance point, and the idea of infinity, as infinity is difficult to derive meaning from mathematically. It’s a constant endless process of trying to solve the paradox but at the same time, realizing that the ultimate answer will never come, therefore defining infinity as being ‘not real’. My perception of it is that the way he maintains balance is by alternating between “this and that” or to put it a different way, making a “judgment” or assumption and then “allowing” himself to be shown the results and then making another assumption based on those results and then allowing, so on and so forth. His model is certainly not without flaws and limitations but I see it as a big leap beyond where science has been for the last hundred years or so. And he does say all the time that love is the answer, which leads me to believe that he does personally see a bigger picture, but has designed his model as a very complicated permission slip for those who need it in order to help wake them up.

Anyway, that’s just my best guess as I don’t know what I don’t know.

User avatar
Rokazulu
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by Rokazulu » Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Oh yeah, no doubt. Tom is not a materialist. I was speaking of the people who will usually ridicule his work or work of people like him such as Rupert Sheldrake, Harold Aspden or researchers like Graham Hancock and David Wilcock. They are in the thick of an inquisition. I wouldn't enjoy the pressure from the orthodoxy.
Rokazulu and the Mystical Eschaton
(The sharing of experiences)

OgBashar
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by OgBashar » Tue May 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm
Oh yeah, no doubt. Tom is not a materialist. I was speaking of the people who will usually ridicule his work or work of people like him such as Rupert Sheldrake, Harold Aspden or researchers like Graham Hancock and David Wilcock. They are in the thick of an inquisition. I wouldn't enjoy the pressure from the orthodoxy.
Yes they all have something to offer. I wouldn’t like that pressure either. All Is Love! :D

bshr101
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:40 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by bshr101 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:21 pm

The minimum $150,000 goal has now been reached, with 14 days left. 700+ people have donated. Honestly didn't expect that :lol:

OgBashar
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by OgBashar » Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Congratulations to Tom Campbell and to science! It will be exciting to watch how the experiments unfold. :D

User avatar
wilburn
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by wilburn » Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm
Oh yeah, no doubt. Tom is not a materialist. I was speaking of the people who will usually ridicule his work or work of people like him such as Rupert Sheldrake, Harold Aspden or researchers like Graham Hancock and David Wilcock...
oh my
please keep your replies under 100 words or i wont be reading them.

User avatar
wilburn
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by wilburn » Tue May 29, 2018 9:31 pm

OgBashar wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 pm
Congratulations to Tom Campbell and to science! It will be exciting to watch how the experiments unfold. :D
http://www.ijqf.org/wps/wp-content/uplo ... v3n3p2.pdf
please keep your replies under 100 words or i wont be reading them.

User avatar
Rokazulu
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by Rokazulu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:10 pm

wilburn wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 pm
Rokazulu wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm
David Wilcock...
oh my
I understand the sentiment. I only enjoyed listening to him when he spoke of scientific experiments with metaphysical implications. I left aside everything else.

My desire to listen to any speaker has diminished in recent months.
Rokazulu and the Mystical Eschaton
(The sharing of experiences)

User avatar
Alice
Posts: 2168
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: "Virtual reality" is now being scientifically proven on Kickstarter

Post by Alice » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:04 am

Rokazulu wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:10 pm
wilburn wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 pm
Rokazulu wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm
David Wilcock...
oh my
I understand the sentiment. I only enjoyed listening to him when he spoke of scientific experiments with metaphysical implications. I left aside everything else.

My desire to listen to any speaker has diminished in recent months.
Yes, he's done great research in science and spirit.

I think right now he is just giving people what they want, the conspiracy stuff. He has to make a living. I cannot read his blog anymore.

Post Reply