Criticism / Judgement

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Billy

Criticism / Judgement

Post by Billy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:53 pm

I've had some revealing insights of late. In particular, I decided it was time to stop judging and criticising. In all honesty i realised it takes up too much of my brain power. If I spent less time getting mixed up in those vibes I could continue with the important stuff, and that in turn would reduce further bad vibes (stress) from not having done as much as I'd liked because I've been busy talking shit about people. The results have been nothing short of astounding. I seem to have more energy and need less sleep (not a great amount but enough to notice). Bashar talks of 'ignoring' reality in manifesting but I rather like the whole ignoring concept - I'm using it to stop my ego involving me with trying to make sense of others by generally insulting them to some extent. When I feel myself about to make a judgement on why somebody has / has not done this or that I say to myself, 'Ignore it. Eyes on the prize. Forwards! Not sideways, not diagnolways and definitely not backwards - FORWARDS!!'. It's difficult but getting easier and I like it. It's been a bit of a revelation if I'm honest. I know most major religions talk of it too.

laptop123

Re: Criticism / Judgement

Post by laptop123 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Thanks, I enjoyed your post very much. If you have any further tips on stopping judgement, let us know!

I suppose watching the ego when it judges is another way to become the watcher.

Billy

Post by Billy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:34 am

Yes! A few years ago I meditated twice a day every day for over a year - so 1-2 hours or so a day, sometimes a little more. I didn't think this was very much and wished I were able to spend more time at it until I read around the internet and realised I was actually pretty committed relatively speaking lol. Many things changed about my consciousness that year but especially this - I judged people a lot less, which ties in with your comment about ego.

I wholeheartedly believe that anything which reduces ego - anything at all - also naturally raises your vibration. And it's nice to see things manifesting without so much effort - therein lies one of (my) life's dichotomies! The more I let go of control and fear, the more the things I wanted to satisfy my control and fear turn up.

Billy

Post by Billy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 am

Just talking about it brings it more to my attention and I've began to realise how often I do it, which is the start of dealing with it ....

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:37 am

I am going thru something similar, looking at how I can get into argument and debate, which only shows me again and again
the power of beliefs.
There is no arguing with beliefs. In a way though, I think it's serving me, because in presenting a differing pov, I research and learn more on the subject. It can be a challenge to keep ego out of it though and I agree the more ego involved, the lower our vibe.

ialmostforgot

Post by ialmostforgot » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:20 pm

I've never understood the whole bad press the ego receives. If it wasn't for the ego we could not operate in this lineal threedimensional reality.

Billy

Post by Billy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 pm

ialmostforgot wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:20 pm
I've never understood the whole bad press the ego receives. If it wasn't for the ego we could not operate in this lineal threedimensional reality.
Nobody is arguing that. The key seems to be, as Bashar says, to allow the higher self and ego to do the respective jobs they are meant to. Problems seem to arise when the ego gets out of control, taking on tasks and demanding answers to things it isn't designed to deal with. Ego is ever thirsty for control, domination and self-proliferation. I could comment for several pages on this but that's my journey not yours.

laptop123

Post by laptop123 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:55 am

This might be similar to what Eckhart Tolle says about forgiveness: 'The mind cannot forgive, only you can.' (because you are not your mind, you developed your mind as a tool).

When you judge, I suppose its an oppertunity to look at the mind and notice, oh thats not me, thats the mind (you disidentify, which you will eventually feel softens things).

laptop123

Post by laptop123 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:59 am

I forgot - I had this email from Daryl Anka long ago:
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Quick confirmation: No judgement in my reality
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:27:37 -0700
To:

Hi ,

The short answer is … sort of, yes.

However, to be more precise, you are creating your version of people in your reality out of your own energy and consciousness. Nevertheless, your recreations of them are recreations of actual people that you’ve agreed to co-create an interaction with.

Other people may actually be judging you in that shared co-creation, but the point is that when people judge others, they’re usually judging themselves and just using others to avoid looking at the fear in themselves. Simultaneously, if you accept the judgment as true for you, then you are judging yourself as well.

Does that help clarify the idea?

Best,

Darryl

On Aug 4, 2016, at 7:35 AM, wrote:

> Hello Darryl
>
> I need to hear a confirmation from you on this interpretation please:
>
> When a group of people are laughing at me, technically there is no one actually there judging me – its just my own energy. So the only judgement of me in my reality, is my own (no other people), correct?
>
>
>
>

Billy

Post by Billy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:22 pm

This is brilliant - thanks very much. It occurs to me however, that we generally think of judging in the negative sense (which is how I meant it when I started the thread - 'Criticism / Judgement') but never in the positive sense even tho the mechanism is the same. I guess we're always judging somehow - I'm just trying to get away from the negative side on account of the bad vibes and waste of time. Interestingly tho, if reality is a mirror, perhaps people won't judge me badly so much if I stop putting the same out there

nkmol

Post by nkmol » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Great to get an insight into your journey.

I wanted to share some of my own experience of the judgemental state and 'trying' to get rid of the "ego".
As stated in previous posts, I see judging as a mere reflection of the current state I am in. Indeed, there is always the judgemental state. May it be positive or negative. Labelling, judging, etc. have no relation to the actual reality, but all play out in our minds. It has nothing to do with the things around you, it is just you showing yourself what state you are in.

Now, I personally believed that this judging or labelling was simply my "ego". It is what many people talk about when they speak of the negative part of the mind, where the word itself is believed to be something negative; something to get rid of. So did I judge my own judging, getting stuck in the unknowingly vicious cycle of the mind. It is essential to understand that there are no separate paradigms of the mind, these ideas are only manifestations of the mind. The "ego" is simply a dualistic creation of the mind, getting rid of it only creates space for a new manifestation to be created.

Minds nature is to always feel the need to follow the white rabbit, it is what drives the mind. It is so embedded into our daily lifes that we have become resistant to thinking without thoughts. The mind is afraid to accept there is nothing to chase. As you see, I start to speak of the mind as something separate. But I have no way of talking about it without separating myself from it. As stated, it is a tool to be used when needed. Let the mind know it is alright, you will be there to let it know everything is alright. Show every part of the mind your unconditional love.

I am still somewhat identified with my mind, I know I can not fully let go. Think about letting go of all thoughts, forever. No thoughts about work, no thoughts about love, no thoughts about manifestation, no thoughts about "am I following my highest excitement?", nothing. Truly manifesting this thought lets you hear your mind. Scared, escaping, reasoning, complaining, etc. A rush of energy coming towards you...
The mind is smart and, once you start to know it, very funny in someways. I accept what the mind can do and it is not for me to play its games anymore. I cannot keep up with the mind, trying to 'destroy' symptom after symptom. The mind is too clever in its own game :D
Once I tried to not think, truly not think for a day, I felt the contrast that I have never felt before. I could feel the difficulty of not thinking, almost like an addiction.

It is my intention to experience the One. I believe without thinking, I can experience more of this.
"A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts, so he loses touch with reality and lives in a world of illusions." - Alan Watts

TheInventor

Post by TheInventor » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 am

Billy wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 pm
ialmostforgot wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:20 pm
Nobody is arguing that. The key seems to be, as Bashar says, to allow the higher self and ego to do the respective jobs they are meant to. Problems seem to arise when the ego gets out of control, taking on tasks and demanding answers to things it isn't designed to deal with. Ego is ever thirsty for control, domination and self-proliferation. I could comment for several pages on this but that's my journey not yours.
Yes, Bashar have send over the Decades, that Humans use Ego too much, and it actually gets fractured and disfunctional as the EGO was not meant to be used for Imagination, Creativity, Communication from Higher Self, also thinking by the physical mind, when you actually burden the EGO with all three aspects of the human triad mind, Higher Self, Physical Self, Heart Self...it breaks into the Negative Ego, which is this .
diagram negative ego structure.jpg
diagram negative ego structure.jpg (53.59 KiB) Viewed 847 times

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 am

Thanks for holding the light friends by endeavoring in every moment not to judge.

One might find it fascinating though, that when it is believed that judgement has been given up that it will still lurk around in an unseen corner waiting for it's opportunity to reinforce its reality.

I find that it often occurs when I am pointing out to someone that judgement is not helpful. Sometimes I unconsciously slip back into judgement by judging the individual for judging!

Listen to these words friends! Be weary of that spider's web! It is oh so alluring.
Rokazulu and the Mystical Eschaton
(The sharing of experiences)

Billy

Post by Billy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Yes indeed - thanks for pointing this out. It seems that judgement then is intrinsically linked to ego - just when you thought you were on top of it you realise you're absolutely not as it has a sneaky way of continuing. As previously mentioned tho: 1. We seem to give more weight to negative judgement than positive despite them both being judgements and 2. Ego is necessary for 3D - balance is better than obliteration - so are we saying the balance comes via neutral / positive judgement rather than negative? Afterall, some judgement is necessary - if we never judged, we wouldn't know where we stood in relation to anything or anyone else, which is entirely necessary to live in 3D...

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Billy wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 pm
Afterall, some judgement is necessary - if we never judged, we wouldn't know where we stood in relation to anything or anyone else, which is entirely necessary to live in 3D...
Knowing one's own preference doesn't have to become a judgement.

Billy

Post by Billy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Out of curiosity what do you consider the difference?

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Billy wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 pm
Ah, that is easy. Judgement makes me feel anger, preference allows me to feel good.

To be more precise, judgement is a result of invalidation while preference is the result of validating the other perspective while still knowing what works for one's own reality.

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun May 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:46 pm
Billy wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 pm
Ah, that is easy. Judgement makes me feel anger, preference allows me to feel good.

To be more precise, judgement is a result of invalidation while preference is the result of validating the other perspective while still knowing what works for one's own reality.
I can feel anger when I perceive that someone is judging my choices.

I guess that means I am judging their judgment...

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Sun May 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Alice wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:28 pm

That's ok if it only lasts about 10 or so seconds and takes one by surprise. Otherwise, yes. It will turn into judgement.

Billy

Post by Billy » Sun May 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:10 pm
Alice wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:28 pm

That's ok if it only lasts about 10 or so seconds and takes one by surprise. Otherwise, yes. It will turn into judgement.
I didn't realise there were such precise essential ingredients for judgement - who created this recipe exactly??