Our pasts

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

sunny

Our pasts

Post by sunny » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:22 am

If the past is created from the here and now, can we give ourselves any type of past we can imagine if we can really believe and feel that it's real?

themaster

Re: Our pasts

Post by themaster » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm

of course..

The soul when you're dead.. you can forgive yourself then.. it doesn't have to be done from your present incarnation.. unless you didn't or there are attachments to other lifetimes..
I really don't like signatures.. but here goes.. my public talk with b https://vimeo.com/218534595

TBP

Post by TBP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Yes.

Luc

Post by Luc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:27 pm

These last few years I can recall some moments from my past and early childhood so vividly and in such great detail it's almost frightening... Anybody else experiencing this?

mac

Post by mac » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:43 pm

sunny wrote:If the past is created from the here and now, can we give ourselves any type of past we can imagine if we can really believe and feel that it's real?
As long as it is relative to your earthbound journey, yes.

coolbreeze

Post by coolbreeze » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:54 pm

the answer is yes but not in the way that you mean it. what you're after i imagine is a complete shift where one day you feel like you wake up and lived the life of Kanye West or something and have those memories. Unfortunately, the issue is that will likely never happen bec theres a constant continuity feeling about memories. Even if you literally were living the same lifestyle as Kanye West a moment ago, the moment you shift into a new reality with new memories, you would have never remembered that you ever lived that previous lifestyle/life. In other words, you'll probably never feel like you "created a new past" because we're too grounded in this reality game to have such a glitch in the matrix unless your reality experience is not working like 99% of human incarnations say bec of schizophrenia or something

sunny

Post by sunny » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:02 pm

What if you wanted to change the way your relationship was with someone in the past? I'm not looking to change the past too dramatically, I was just wondering if it was possible to change the past and give yourself new, better memories with a person to change your relationship with them now. For example, if I believe that this person and I just never argued about something and I create new memories of better times with them in my mind and really believe/feel that that's the way things were.

sunny

Post by sunny » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:36 am

I now have something else to ask here pertaining to this topic. When Bashar talks about the 13th step, is he saying that firmly believing you are a certain type of person in the present will change past memories to support this new person you are now? So you can change your past in big ways without even having to go back in memory, just by defining yourself as a completely new person and you will get new memory to support the change?

ingerul9

Post by ingerul9 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:42 pm

A better question would be - what do you think it ought to happen in the present if you think you've changed? Are you taking your cue from external reality? Because the way you have framed the question implies overcoming the free will of another - I'm stating specifically about this sentence
For example, if I believe that this person and I just never argued about something and I create new memories of better times with them in my mind and really believe/feel that that's the way things were
If it is only your memories of them and remember them differently - as in defining yourself differently - that's ok as long as you don't take the change from an external source as a validation. Do you understand?

sunny

Post by sunny » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:23 pm

ingerul9 wrote: If it is only your memories of them and remember them differently - as in defining yourself differently - that's ok as long as you don't take the change from an external source as a validation. Do you understand?
I understand, but I also thought that changing yourself would put you in a reality with the version of the person that would match up with you. So they would have experienced the same past.

mac

Post by mac » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:38 pm

sunny wrote:I now have something else to ask here pertaining to this topic. When Bashar talks about the 13th step, is he saying that firmly believing you are a certain type of person in the present will change past memories to support this new person you are now? So you can change your past in big ways without even having to go back in memory, just by defining yourself as a completely new person and you will get new memory to support the change?
Correct.

The idea is that the former behavior is not mechanically connected to what exists now, beyond the causal connection one chooses to define exists. IOW, the 12th step, so to speak, is that one no longer exhibits the undesired behavior, and the 13th step is that one never did exhibit the undesired behavior.

ingerul9

Post by ingerul9 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:21 pm

sunny wrote:
ingerul9 wrote: If it is only your memories of them and remember them differently - as in defining yourself differently - that's ok as long as you don't take the change from an external source as a validation. Do you understand?
I understand, but I also thought that changing yourself would put you in a reality with the version of the person that would match up with you. So they would have experienced the same past.
Yes but then if you would go further with your reasoning and if it was possible to the degree your thinking then the continuity would be "broken". And then the experience of learning from your "mistakes" would not be there. The idea for physical reality is not the "end result" but the journey itself. Growing, learning, understanding by polarity - these are the experiences that define Earth. If you could erase to the max it would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? After all you need to have some rules in order to play the game.

sunny

Post by sunny » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 pm

ingerul9 wrote:
Yes but then if you would go further with your reasoning and if it was possible to the degree your thinking then the continuity would be "broken". And then the experience of learning from your "mistakes" would not be there. The idea for physical reality is not the "end result" but the journey itself. Growing, learning, understanding by polarity - these are the experiences that define Earth. If you could erase to the max it would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? After all you need to have some rules in order to play the game.
I'm not looking to erase it to the max, I'm just looking to make sure I understood what was being said. I definitely do not want to change all of my past, just parts of it and I was interested in understanding this concept better. If Bashar says you can erase an addiction from your past, that's pretty big and bigger than what I am looking to do with this.

Plus, if there are limits to this, then what is possible to change about the past, and what isn't? I always thought it depended on what you could get yourself to believe.

ingerul9

Post by ingerul9 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:46 am

The idea is about overlapping realities. When Bashar explains it - and says that if you understand what happens mechanically - that the continuity between moments is there when you define it as such. He gave this idea in order to break the patterns, the habits which people use as an excuse that they cannot do in a different way because that's all they ever knew or something else to justify their position by not changing it. When you define yourself in the present moment as how you want yourself to be - then that's how it is. So for a smoker quitting after 10 years of usage as an example is possible. But realize that when this happens you don't affect the others.

When you ask about changing the past - which means you define yourself in the present moment as the ideal self - the past aligns with your current moment but this does not mean that someone else shares your view because of their own individual reality and creation. You have your reality , they have their reality. Both of them "merge" to be viewed as overlapping realities, shared reality.

In certain cases as an example when people are experiencing a UFO sighting - you can have 2 people which can experience it differently based on their assumptions/beliefs - one may experience it as a flying saucer, someone next to them may interpret them as an angel (religious view - arbitrarily chosen).

Bashar gave the example of cases with multiple personality disorder. If you study them you can view that based on the personality they exhibit, they have different traits - one personality may have myopia, another may not have, one may have allergy to some sorts of food, another it may not - and this is to show that every moment is discrete unto itself. Obviously in the cases of MPD these are not seen from the integrated point of view - in individuals like us - you can see all of these beliefs into one seemingly whole - although sometimes when people express their ideas they may say - one part of me feels like this, another one says so and so but they choose ultimately to view themselves as one. Persons with MPD choose to view themselves distinctly for each personality.

So in conclusion you can only change yourself. You cannot change the others. You can't make them share your reality as how you would have them.

Specific in your case - let's say I argued with someone 3 days ago - I now go in my mind and redefine those moments and the experience of them going differently. Instead of the words we exchanged -angry or however they were, now we had a peaceful conversation and we listened to each other. I define myself now as a loving/peaceful person. That doesn't mean that their understanding of what happened will be different (as to your version) - it may be, it is possible (see Mandela Effect for this - but again this effect doesn't change in any major way - it leaves it to the interpretation of individuals much like the channeling phenomenon of Bashar (wondering if it is really an alien or not) - and in doing so respects the free will) but usually is not because that's one of the rules of the continuity of physical experience.

This further part is speculation since I don't experience it to the degree that Bashar is experiencing it, but I assume that in the future where we will be nonphysical - the continuity will be broken and we will have the flexibility of space/time much more than our current reality.

Another example comes to mind - sometimes people ask if it is possible to fly - and one of the answers Bashar gave was - to seek and look for people who actually can do this - e.g. shamans; spend time with then, learn their way of thinking - but usually if you define yourself as having the ability to fly - it will be in a context that allows it to be so - mostly in secluded areas - not infringing upon the free will of the individuals.

From another perspective watch the movie Contact with Jodie Foster - especially the final scenes - in which she makes the trip and the court testimony.

sunny

Post by sunny » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Interesting. It makes me think, what then is the point of having the ability to change the past if you cannot always REALLY change it? Really changing it, to me, is changing it to the point where you believe totally in the new past and then shifting to a reality where it DID happen that way and everyone is on the same page. That's how I originally interpreted all of this. No limits IS no limits and people must reflect you. If they don't change in YOUR reality along with YOUR change, then we do have limits when it comes to creating our reality and this does not make much sense to me. You aren't manipulating them by shifting to a reality where they agree with the change. If all realities exist, why can't THAT happen?

ingerul9

Post by ingerul9 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Remember everything is possible, but is it relevant? What do you want to achieve in this way? What do you obtain out of it if it would be so. Please state it here instead of talking generally, if you want. From the way you're asking the question it seems that you want a specific outcome that depends on external reality - meaning other people acting how you want them to act (in this case cleverly hidden as to have the past memory that you want).

sunny

Post by sunny » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:58 pm

ingerul9 wrote:Remember everything is possible, but is it relevant? What do you want to achieve in this way? What do you obtain out of it if it would be so. Please state it here instead of talking generally, if you want. From the way you're asking the question it seems that you want a specific outcome that depends on external reality - meaning other people acting how you want them to act (in this case cleverly hidden as to have the past memory that you want).
I guess I'm confused by what it means for it to be relevant. I think if you want to change anything about your past, whether simple or big, you should be able to if you really desire it and can believe it. I asked this question sometime last year and only asked a new question on this post recently. But, I'm not looking to manipulate anyone. I wish to be a different version of myself with a slightly different past. And in my case, certain events do involve other people. But I'm not trying to manipulate.

ingerul9

Post by ingerul9 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:07 am

Relevant means if what you want to achieve is the only way to do it or there are other ways too. You still haven't answered my question. Can you be specific about your situation?

sunny

Post by sunny » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:48 pm

But what does it matter whether changing the past is the only way or one of the ways? It's still a way. I would rather not be specific about my situation as there are more than one events I would like to change and not things I'd like to spell out. But, changing these events, to me, is the quickest, most powerful way for me to become the version of myself I'd like to be. Like a permission slip. To me, that's what's relevant here. Not the exact events I would like to change. If changing the past was something you had to use as a last resort for change or if you really have to ponder whether it's relevant or not, why is it even brought up by Bashar? Especially when it comes to the 13th step. That's a big change to the past.
Last edited by sunny on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sunny

Post by sunny » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 pm

But what does it matter whether changing the past is the only way or one of the ways? It's still a way. I would rather not be specific about my situation as there are more than one events I would like to change and not things I'd like to spell out. But, changing these events, to me, is the quickest, most powerful way for me to become the version of myself I'd like to be. Like a permission slip. To me, that's what's relevant here. Not the exact events I would like to change. If changing the past was something you had to use as a last resort for change or if you really have to ponder whether it's relevant or not, why is it even brought up by Bashar? Especially when it comes to the 13th step. That's a big change to the past.