How to calculate C♯ (SEE SHARP)

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

wildwestrom

How to calculate C♯ (SEE SHARP)

Post by wildwestrom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:07 pm

I'm sure quite a few of you have seen this video.

So C♯ is the frequency of the Earth, but do you know why?

Frequency is defined as the number of occurrences over a period of time.

Let's use the equation to figure out Earth's frequency.

When we plug in the values, we find the rate at which the Earth revolves around the sun.

This is the frequency of the Earth, it's so slow that we cannot perceive its vibration audibly. To do that we must multiply this value by 2 to the 32nd power.

This gives us the 32nd octave of the Earth's frequency. Looks a lot more like something we can actually hear, does it not?

Here's how I found the concert A frequency. Since A is 8 semitones above or 5 semitones below C♯, using this equation will yield the frequency of A in reference to the Earth's C♯.

When we plug in Earth's frequency, we get an A that is an octave below concert A. Therefore must multiply by 2 to get our concert pitch.

Now, in 12 tone equal temperament, you can tune concert A to 432.0976...Hz, then you will get a C♯ that is exactly the earth's frequency. You can see that this A is slightly higher than 432Hz in frequency, that is exactly what Bashar is talking about when he says the frequency of the earth is slightly higher than our C♯.
You can also do the same with other planets.

We should perhaps be tuning our instruments so that we play a C♯ that is in tune with the earth. Remember though, music is never perfectly tuned to the purest harmonic intervals. Do some research on temperament to find out the mathematical reasons why music as we know it can never be perfectly in tune.

Here's a video that explains more about the A=440 vs A=432 debate.

Here are some videos that explain in depth the trouble of creating music that is perfectly in tune.

xplosiw

Re: How to calculate C♯ (SEE SHARP)

Post by xplosiw » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 am

What you calculated was the frequency of Earth revolving around sun, that's a harmonic relationship between the sun and Earth, not the frequency of Earth itself. You'd probably need to measure the molten core to do that.

wildwestrom

Post by wildwestrom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 am

xplosiw wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 am
What you calculated was the frequency of Earth revolving around sun, that's a harmonic relationship between the sun and Earth, not the frequency of Earth itself. You'd probably need to measure the molten core to do that.
Yes, that is exactly what I calculated. Bashar must have meant this when he said that C♯ is tonal vibration of the Earth.

xplosiw

Post by xplosiw » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 am

wildwestrom wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 am
xplosiw wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 am
Yes, that is exactly what I calculated. Bashar must have meant this when he said that C♯ is tonal vibration of the Earth.
No he didn't. He was talking about the Schumann Resonance. Wiki:
The Schumann resonances (SR) are a set of spectrum peaks in the extremely low frequency (ELF) portion of the Earth's electromagnetic field spectrum. Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, generated and excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.

Nothing to do with the planet revolving around a star ;) Although the sun does have an effect but it's not a dominant vibration.

wildwestrom

Post by wildwestrom » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:09 pm

xplosiw wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 am
No he didn't. He was talking about the Schumann Resonance. Wiki:
The Schumann resonances (SR) are a set of spectrum peaks in the extremely low frequency (ELF) portion of the Earth's electromagnetic field spectrum. Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, generated and excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.

Nothing to do with the planet revolving around a star ;) Although the sun does have an effect but it's not a dominant vibration.
So what is the frequency of the Schumann Resonance? I also heard the Schumann Resonance is changing in frequency, so C♯ (even if it were the vibration of the Earth before) is not the current Schumann Resonance frequency.

xplosiw

Post by xplosiw » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:26 pm

It's not a single frequency, wiki:
"Schumann resonances are the principal background in the part of the electromagnetic spectrum[2] from 3 Hz through 60 Hz,[3] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83 Hz (fundamental),[4] 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.[5]"

There are several harmonics and to name it with a musical note is simply stupid in my opinion. It's a spectrum of vibrations all at once.

wildwestrom

Post by wildwestrom » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:42 pm

xplosiw wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:26 pm
It's not a single frequency, wiki:
"Schumann resonances are the principal background in the part of the electromagnetic spectrum[2] from 3 Hz through 60 Hz,[3] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83 Hz (fundamental),[4] 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.[5]"

There are several harmonics and to name it with a musical note is simply stupid in my opinion. It's a spectrum of vibrations all at once.
So I think we can all agree that Bashar was not talking about the Schumann resonances here.
The 7.83Hz Fundamental is nowhere close to C# (which would be 8.5063Hz).