Friend's opinion on bashar.org limiting sharing of Bashar material

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Alice

Friend's opinion on bashar.org limiting sharing of Bashar material

Post by Alice » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:26 am

So I was discussing with a friend who is also into Bashar and similar material, the bashar.org policies of limiting the spread of Bashar stuff--taking videos off youtube, disallowing posting of transcripts, etc. And she said:
Their whole policy is weird and paranoid. And the quality of the
material has not been as good as it used to be, either. Have you felt
the same way about that? Listening to newer sessions vs. the older ones...I think it's because
of Darryl's attitude and paranoia about people sharing his stuff.
What do you think? Have the channelings fallen off in quality, and if so, do you think it could be due to their efforts to limit the spread
of the channelings?

Billy

Re: Friend's opinion on bashar.org limiting sharing of Bashar material

Post by Billy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 am

I listened to a fairly recent session a few days ago and couldn't help but think he seemed really lacklustre - just didn't have the pizaz he used to. I can't understand the obsession with copyright we have in the West - it's entirely fear based but also completely nonsensical - people will always find a way to share things no matter how much you try to censor it - history is quite clear on this constant. Conversely, there will also always be those who have the money to spend and want an original copy or a personal space at a live channelling etc.

As an aside, I have raised the question of why Bashar has chosen a man in the capitalist US to channel his messages through rather than perhaps a multi-millionaire philanthropist who doesn't need to make money from the teachings or a third world slum leader etc. I can see the value in trying to enlighten the world rulers and chip away at capitalism (in favour of anarchy Perhaps?) but it hasn't quite worked out with all this censorship going on ...

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Darryl Anka does not create the reality of whomever is reading these words. (Unless you're Darryl Anka).

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm
Darryl Anka does not create the reality of whomever is reading these words. (Unless you're Darryl Anka).
you are skirting the question, Rokazulu :)

Which is: Do you (you) think the quality of the channelings has fallen off, and do you think the censorship issue could be involved?

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Billy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 am
I listened to a fairly recent session a few days ago and couldn't help but think he seemed really lacklustre - just didn't have the pizaz he used to. I can't understand the obsession with copyright we have in the West - it's entirely fear based but also completely nonsensical - people will always find a way to share things no matter how much you try to censor it - history is quite clear on this constant. Conversely, there will also always be those who have the money to spend and want an original copy or a personal space at a live channelling etc.

As an aside, I have raised the question of why Bashar has chosen a man in the capitalist US to channel his messages through rather than perhaps a multi-millionaire philanthropist who doesn't need to make money from the teachings or a third world slum leader etc. I can see the value in trying to enlighten the world rulers and chip away at capitalism (in favour of anarchy Perhaps?) but it hasn't quite worked out with all this censorship going on ...
Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Well, as Bashar famously says, nothing has a built-in meaning, and I've considered what could be the positives of this censoring/limiting the sharing of the material. For example, it could force us to hone in on the essence of the teachings instead of trying to integrate more than we can handle.

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm

Alice wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Which is: Do you (you) think the quality of the channelings has fallen off, and do you think the censorship issue could be involved?

I believe the channelings have the same exact quality, the same potential as his earlier ones.

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Rokazulu wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm
Alice wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 pm

I believe the channelings have the same exact quality, the same potential as his earlier ones.
OK, cool :D Does it bother you at all, their efforts to control and limit sharing the material?

I don't see this with the other channeled sources. Abraham-Hicks f.e. is extremely popular and they bring in a lot of money as far
as I can see, yet tons of the material are freely shared on youtube and the Internet. I think all or almost all of their books can be freely
downloaded online.

"What you put out is what you get back." Put out limitation, what do you get back?

Rokazulu

Post by Rokazulu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Alice wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 pm
Rokazulu wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm

OK, cool :D Does it bother you at all, their efforts to control and limit sharing the material?

It does not bother me.

I trust that all people who need the information will get it at the correct timing. I also trust that I am shifting into a reality where copyright is irrelevant. My first post basically summed this up.

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:03 am

OK Rokazulu, I see your point. Personally, it does bug me that I can't share quotes and videos more freely here. Being limited to Bashar quotes of not more
than 100 words. It just seems so absurd. Again, we don't find such efforts at control in other channeled material. Not to such an extent, anyway.

InfiniteMuscle

Post by InfiniteMuscle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 am

I don't understand how people are so bugged out by this. Daryl need to make money, Bashar is supporting Daryl by mentioning the copyright stuff. Makes perfect sense.

Alice

Post by Alice » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:46 pm

InfiniteMuscle wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 am
I don't understand how people are so bugged out by this. Daryl need to make money, Bashar is supporting Daryl by mentioning the copyright stuff. Makes perfect sense.

Well when it gets to the point of "no posting of transcripts, no quotes over 100 words," removing youtube videos, etc, etc.--it becomes a bit
"over the top."

"Tumblr’s biggest copyright troll is a guy who says he knows an alien":
https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/bashar ... ht-tumblr/

Another pov on copyright, from Abraham-Hicks:
"Q: I'd like the larger perspective of copyright, especially in this climate of iPods and downloading music, digital rights, controlling copying...

A: There is infinite intelligence not guarded by any copyright, available to everyone... if you could apply that, you could see that while many people are using Esther's words, it is not slowing down Jerry & Esther... An artist listens to music, feels it, expresses it, and bounces off it into his own style. Others copy him and leap off again...

But if you focus on it, you see that it is not possible to control the uncontrollable. It's all upstream, the trying to control. Make it downstream instead. Just say 'I do what I do and I do the best I can.' It's downstream to trust that you will be sufficiently compensated for your work. Many can compensate you easily. For others, not only is it easier not to pay, it's cooler, too! It's upstream to say, 'People are ripping me off!' It's downstream to say, 'They were never going to buy it anyway and it might benefit them.'

If you call them unethical or inappropriate, that's all upstream. It gets you all out of whack trying to control them and puts the cost of everything higher. Say instead, 'There are people who will harmonize with me who will want to give something of value in return.' If they say, 'I will just take it,' that is out of balance and Law of Attraction will manage them and they will not be with you. if copyright is making you crazy, you are out of alignment. Protection is always upstream.
Another Abe concept is to "get money out of the equation."
We can be compensated in many and various ways, if we are open to receiving. Money can come from a source that
is completely unrelated to our work.

Van Gogh is an example. Today we are aghast that his paintings didn't sell in his lifetime. But his brother willingly supported him
so he could keep on following his excitement as an artist. He was able to do what he needed to do, when he
needed to do it (B's definition of abundance).

LIGHTBEING

Post by LIGHTBEING » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm

are you acting on your highest joy alice?

Billy

Post by Billy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 pm

LIGHTBEING wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm
are you acting on your highest joy alice?
Lightbeing, Alice can answer for herself but I thought it worth pointing out that I am currently following my highest joy yet it is a struggle every single day. Through various teachings both channelling and otherwise I managed to land a job I absolutely love - a vocation - a passion - and I'm extremely lucky to have it - all of it - to have had access to useful materials / experiences and landing the job itself. However, my job involves constant battles and struggles every single day, some of which cannot be won but only managed (due to systems much, much larger than myself) and predominantly dealing with really bad people who want to do terrible things to other human beings - that is the job's nature. I enjoy both the intellectual and spiritual challenge of it all and not only does it totally invigorate me but it also feels like I'm doing exactly what I should be doing - that I'm playing my part. I don't know if you personally are alluding to what I'm about to say but I often see these kinds of statements about highest joy and can't help but think that it's being lumped in with the notion that everything has to feel 'good' or 'great' right now to be a valid highest joy motivation - almost like instant gratfication. Yet there is a subtle difference here that goes unoticed - perhaps Alice feels invigorated by tackling what she sees as the issue of copyright - perhaps she feels like her 'role' right now is to champion this argument against it and maybe, just maybe, there's nothing more exciting and joyful than being her true self - playing the part her higher being knows is most valuable to her on her experiential journey. It doesn't all have to be immediate feedback positive emotion - some things in life have immense depth of exploration and unpicking it as a challenge is what makes it so immensely appetising, gratifying and satisfying.

Alice: I hope you don't mind me using you as an example to illustrate my point and am not suggesting for one second that any of this is what you actually think or don't think.

Alice

Post by Alice » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Billy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Alice: I hope you don't mind me using you as an example to illustrate my point and am not suggesting for one second that any of this is what you actually think or don't think.
Don't mind at all Billy :D

It just strikes me that this copyright brouhaha can be used in a positive way by exploring the implications of some of Bashar's precepts.
Another one that just occurred to me is his statement that when we make "positive" and "negative" to be equal, then it is easier to choose what
is preferred. Taking the idea of people not paying for your work as an example, this would generally be considered "negative" as BC certainly seems to.
But if being paid and not being paid are on the same level, one not better than the other, then we can choose to simply do what we want to do and trust the support will be there. This IS what Bashar has repeated to us many times.

Re the issues you experience on your job. Following your excitement doesn't mean you are always jumping up and down for joy. It can mean a quiet certainty that you are on your chosen path, the right path for you. It is good to reframe the problems as challenges, which Bashar encourages. Give an issue a positive meaning and you will get a positive result, no matter what the intention of the others involved. Anyway, your job sounds interesting, feel free to post more on that if you are moved to, including about the challenges.

Also, Ho'oponopono works...I've posted a lot here on that, you might do a search. :mrgreen:

Billy

Post by Billy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 am

Absolutely - but I see it's often taken out of context to mean everything must be wonderful all the time - I'm guilty of it myself - it's the ego being sneaky lol.

I've seen you talking about Ho'oponopono and am sure I will look into it at some point but somewhat like the chap you mentioned who used to channel Elan ... I'm focusing on doing rather than studying at the moment.

Alice

Post by Alice » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 am

Billy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 am
Absolutely - but I see it's often taken out of context to mean everything must be wonderful all the time - I'm guilty of it myself - it's the ego being sneaky lol.

I've seen you talking about Ho'oponopono and am sure I will look into it at some point but somewhat like the chap you mentioned who used to channel Elan ... I'm focusing on doing rather than studying at the moment.
Well, Ho'oponopono is not something you just study, it is something you DO. And it can make a big difference!
I mentioned it because of all the difficulties you spoke of at your job. Well, if you do decide to look into it more,
this is a good article.
https://medium.com/@NicolasZart/one-yea ... 2689d807ec