Not This Or That...

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

Alice

Not This Or That...

Post by Alice » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:33 am

Can anyone clarify for me exactly what Bashar means by this quote: "It's not this or that, but this and that"?

Thanks!

mac

Re: Not This Or That...

Post by mac » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:27 pm

"and" instead of "or".

TBP

Post by TBP » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:28 pm

The coincidence of opposites. It's the understanding of nonduality. There is really no "NOT x". Light does not exist without dark.

I like how Terence McKenna put it:
Terence McKenna wrote:The great strength of alchemical thinking, and the way in which it is completely antithetical to science, and in fact why science has so much contempt for it, is because the alchemists had the wisdom to see that everything occurs in the presence of its opposite. That, it's not "either or", it's both; and. They called this the coincidentia oppositorum, the coincidence of opposites, the union of opposites. This is a great truth, because I think all of us live under the rubrics of "Am I good? Am I bad? Am I lazy? Am I obsessed?". And the answer is, that it is never one or the other. It does a tremendous injustice to being, to ignore the union of opposites.

Now science in order to do its work (which is essentially a technological work, not a deep philosophical work -- it's a minor art, science, that's all it is, it's a minor art; it's the art of the physical possible) -- but it has presumed to be the arbiter of all thoughts, all feeling, all word. My god, the hubris of René Descartes, to divide the world into the primary and secondary qualities... And what are the primary qualities? Motion, mass, spin, momentum... And what are the secondary qualities? Color, feeling, taste, tactility... it tells you that you're nothing; you never touch reality; you live in that world of sense, and therefore can only aspire to the real world through some kind of mathematical disembowelment, of what your own body, what your own feelings, are telling you.

Alice

Post by Alice » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Thanks TBP, great reply, and great quote. I like Terence. :)

This question arose for me in a discussion at Facebook of what Seth said about Alzheimer's Disease--that it was due to our beliefs in deterioration with age. Someone posted that it was actually caused by the aluminum that is omnipresent in our food and water. I commented that I believed both physical and metaphysical factors were at play: "Not this or that, but this and that." Then the original poster came back with: "Nothing happens in the physical unless it first happens in the metaphysical/mental, though. So, the physical is not a contributing factor, but a result."

But I still think it's this and that--both physical and metaphysical. :)

AlwaysBeNice
-

Post by AlwaysBeNice » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Yes, just as we all have an individual mind but are also all part of one mind.
Best evidence for UFOs: http://www.bestUFOevidence.com
Evidence for the soul http://www.evidenceforthesoul.com
The experiences that verified Bashar for me: bashar-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7

Alice

Post by Alice » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:37 am

AlwaysBeNice wrote:Yes, just as we all have an individual mind but are also all part of one mind.
Right 8-)

themaster

Post by themaster » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:03 am

Alice wrote:This question arose for me in a discussion at Facebook of what Seth said about Alzheimer's Disease--that it was due to our beliefs in deterioration with age.
the body didn't use to age.. the consciousness was lost.. "say smarts!" was lost to hold it in a state of perfection of which it was created.. the body didn't use to have genders.. but that's another bed time story.. sorry kids :P
I really don't like signatures.. but here goes.. my public talk with b https://vimeo.com/218534595