The solution to the riddle of the Thook

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Rokazulu, xplosiw, Alice

spacetribe

The solution to the riddle of the Thook

Post by spacetribe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am

Bashar tells a story about the Thook, a race his people met with, whose appearance they could not recall after the meeting was over. Bashar suggested this puzzle is a hint to our own lack of recollection of ET encounters in dream states.

It wasn’t until the New Yorker Cat Person story broke out that I had inkling for an interpretation of that statement. I was debating people on Facebook who didn’t like this story. I liked it a lot. The point of view there was what is called in the Reich-inspired schools of body-mind therapies that of an “Oral-Schizoid”. Johnson wrote about them in his landmark book, Characterological Transformation. People who were neurotic, who relied on what they imagined others think of them as a way to define their own identity, and who by and large, were not very self-aware. They went through severe early-life trauma called partial schizoid shock, so they were – in a way – lucky and did not become full schizoids and possibly schizophrenics later in life (further reading on schizoids: The Divided Self by Laing, Betrayal of the Body by Lowen). But it is very difficult to provide an infant who went through this kind of partial schizoid shock trauma with sufficient care through the oral period, and so the first two years had to leave a signature, scarring mark on the psyche. Hence Oral-Schizoid. And so such people become chronically deprived and bitter, confused and not able to express what they need because their perception of that is flimsy. Cat Person was their story and because of that it was good.

What are oral-schizoids then, someone asked me online while I was trying to explain this. Can you sum it up? They’re people who are out of touch, was my best simple answer. That thought stayed with me for a couple of days. I tried to think of something that captures the entire concept of the oral-schizoid mind as I held it. Was it that it was surreal? What is surreal reality? Sur-real. Above real. What does that mean?

This was an end of one thread of thought, which seeded my thoughts in a way that gave birth to another thread altogether. I had followed the second thread intuitively talking to a friend, discussing dreams. I realized that in a dream, the experience is surreal because of more than one factor. It’s not just that weird stuff happens to you there. It’s also you, yourself, which happens in a different way. Meaning it is also the matter of identity, that the self itself becomes ephemeral – since parts of it are gone. And which leaves you with something with which you are out of touch because it is not familiar. You can later recall some of what you did, and justify anything, really, because you are not to be expected to act in any certain way when bizarre things happen to you and around you. So you are not “out of character” in that sense, whatever you do. You can also recall the motivations you have in a dream, of wanting to make out with someone sexy you meet or wanting to get out of social situations that make you feel insecure. But the sense of self itself, what it means, is for the most part only something to be inferred from the narrative. When you build the image of what you remember happened to you in a dream the self is thus mostly implicated as something that went through that experience.

I would like to suggest that the ego mind is annihilated during dream states, and so what you are missing there is yourself, what we know as the egoic mind, our identity with which we – by definition – identify. Dream state consciousness is surreal in the sense that it is “above” real; free of the chains of the realness that is our personality as we are used to perceive it. Conversely, the words we use to describe the dream experience are thought out through patterns and filters and language that rely on the ego structure that generates them to interpret them. So we cannot really describe our dream self adequately because we cannot have any sort of clear view on how it feels not to be us when we don the garment that we know as the "regular" us, the egoic us. Hippie guru Terrence McKenna famously described the “water of language” as inadequate in capturing the essence of the ever-fractal DMT experience, over which words spill without taking hold because the drug alters our perception of meaning. So dreams in that sense are to identity as DMT-space is to language.

It's derived from this that the more we are familiar with the “I” in the dream the more we are, in fact, close to enlightenment and to higher-density 4D awareness in every day. A state where there is no perception of ego structure, to be replaced instead by a state of sense of pure identity. And this means that conditioning ourselves to hone in on our sense of self in the dream state - a possible definition for the very act of lucid dreaming, or at the very least a lucid dreaming objective of sort - would lay the ground for opportunities for spontaneous, insightful disintegration of segments of the ego mind when we are awake.

TheInventor

Re: The solution to the riddle of the Thook

Post by TheInventor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:19 am

I questioned Bashar in a Private Interview about a experience where I lost all knowledge of "John" and no sense of time and normal thinking of one moment to the next moment. I called it "elsewhere" and I saw three silvery/white bumpy globes at a distance. e erthing else was a dull brown dark orange background to pitch black. I did not have a body, just a visual perception. Bashar said that because I lost all memory of "john" my consceness was at the oversoul level. i have no knowledge of other lifetimes. Bashar said I left the physical template then after getting a message of a warning that I needed to return to John, or I would drop dead. when I heard that I recrystalized space/time to "get back to John" bashar says we mostly exist in 3rd density, and that experience was a 4th to 5th density. that tranformation was caused by a brown/silver sphere of energy being slammed into my heart area, then poof everthing gone, john,earth, everything. Just a completely "Now" state of being.

The notion "A state where there is no perception of ego structure, to be replaced instead by a state of sense of pure identity. "

I just experienced a now state, no identity as you describe. closest feeling/idea of that thought state is "The Dude" in the Movie The Big Labrowski" its just is...man.

spacetribe

Post by spacetribe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:26 am

TheInventor wrote:" its just is...man.
Shulgin, who discovered the MDMA molecule, describes the effect of 100mg DMT thus:
"As I exhaled I became terribly afraid, my heart very rapid and strong, palms sweating. A terrible sense of dread and doom filled me -- I knew what was happening, I knew I couldn't stop it, but it was so devastating; I was being destroyed -- all that was familiar, all reference points, all identity -- all viciously shattered in a few seconds. I couldn't even mourn the loss -- there was no one left to do the mourning. Up, up, out, out, eyes closed, I am at the speed of light, expanding, expanding, expanding, faster and faster until I have become so large that I no longer exist -- my speed is so great that everything has come to a stop -- here I gaze upon the entire universe."

(excerpted from his book TiHKAL which can be found on the Erowid site)

DMT is also known as "the void" because of this effect.

bshr101

Post by bshr101 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:34 am

Last edited by bshr101 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheInventor

Post by TheInventor » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:52 am

Bashar has said that the members of the 5 hybrid race, did have memory wipes, and Bashar's People did figure out how to do memory wipes too.

Alice

Post by Alice » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:09 am

spacetribe wrote:
TheInventor wrote:" its just is...man.
Shulgin, who discovered the MDMA molecule, describes the effect of 100mg DMT thus:
"As I exhaled I became terribly afraid, my heart very rapid and strong, palms sweating. A terrible sense of dread and doom filled me -- I knew what was happening, I knew I couldn't stop it, but it was so devastating; I was being destroyed -- all that was familiar, all reference points, all identity -- all viciously shattered in a few seconds. I couldn't even mourn the loss -- there was no one left to do the mourning. Up, up, out, out, eyes closed, I am at the speed of light, expanding, expanding, expanding, faster and faster until I have become so large that I no longer exist -- my speed is so great that everything has come to a stop -- here I gaze upon the entire universe."

(excerpted from his book TiHKAL which can be found on the Erowid site)

DMT is also known as "the void" because of this effect.
Yeah...I've experimented with a number of psychedelics, but DMT scares me. McKenna said that if there was something that could get you
higher, he didn't want to know about it :shock:

Although I've ingested acacia brew, that does contain DMT, but in a mild form, I just got a pleasant altered state. Inspired me creatively. I'd do it again.