A Game of Chess

A place to talk about Bashar's teachings and anything you feel is relevant to it.

Moderators: Alice, xplosiw

Tanfeliz

A Game of Chess

Postby Tanfeliz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 am

A while back Bashar did a session called A Game of Chess. It was basically about viewing life as a board game (you can use the game Life if you want LOL). The idea was that the consensus reality is like the game itself. There are certain rules that make it chess and not checkers. You choose which piece you'd like to come in as, what role you want to play. You can't make changes to your game play without violating the rules of the game itself. Really once you start thinking about it this way, the idea continues to expand.

I love a game called Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes. In that game, you can play as either a good guy (plant) or bad guy (zombie). Each one has different strengths and weaknesses. There is a block meter that adds complete randomization; random number generation will often win or lose a game. There is an extreme amount of strategy to be employed, but again, the random factor carries the day -- just like in life.

There are a lot of days when I have "anhedonia," a PTSD symptom where I can't really even do things I enjoy. It's not that I don't have any excitement. It's that I'm somehow impotent about it. I can see it, feel it, want it, and not be able to act somehow. Now when I have such days, I will sit and play Plants vs. Zombies literally all day, nothing else. I started out by not judging myself about that, just accepting that on some days I am not able to function based on the trauma I've experienced. It's a sick day, no judgment required. But using this Game of Chess idea, there is really no wasted time at all, it's truly magical.

I notice things like getting mad when I don't win, not wanting to finish a game if I can't win it. What's up with that? There is actually nothing to win, you know? LOL It makes you think!

Alice

Re: A Game of Chess

Postby Alice » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Tanfeliz wrote:A while back Bashar did a session called A Game of Chess. It was basically about viewing life as a board game (you can use the game Life if you want LOL). The idea was that the consensus reality is like the game itself. There are certain rules that make it chess and not checkers. You choose which piece you'd like to come in as, what role you want to play. You can't make changes to your game play without violating the rules of the game itself. Really once you start thinking about it this way, the idea continues to expand.

I love a game called Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes. In that game, you can play as either a good guy (plant) or bad guy (zombie). Each one has different strengths and weaknesses. There is a block meter that adds complete randomization; random number generation will often win or lose a game. There is an extreme amount of strategy to be employed, but again, the random factor carries the day -- just like in life.

There are a lot of days when I have "anhedonia," a PTSD symptom where I can't really even do things I enjoy. It's not that I don't have any excitement. It's that I'm somehow impotent about it. I can see it, feel it, want it, and not be able to act somehow. Now when I have such days, I will sit and play Plants vs. Zombies literally all day, nothing else. I started out by not judging myself about that, just accepting that on some days I am not able to function based on the trauma I've experienced. It's a sick day, no judgment required. But using this Game of Chess idea, there is really no wasted time at all, it's truly magical.

I notice things like getting mad when I don't win, not wanting to finish a game if I can't win it. What's up with that? There is actually nothing to win, you know? LOL It makes you think!

Well, that's part of the excitement! :mrgreen: Same with the game of life. There's actually nothing to "win." Abraham-Hicks: "You can't get it
wrong, and you never get it done." Bashar advises doing whatever, just for the experience of it.

I wrote a post that goes into all of this, pasting in.
A GREAT, HUGE GAME OF CHESS

Lewis Carroll saw life as a dream, and as pointed out by Martin Gardner in his notes to Through The Looking-Glass in The Annotated Alice, Carroll returns to the question of life as a dream in the closing lines of the book, the last line of the book's terminal poem, and the first paragraph of chapter 8:

"So I wasn't dreaming, after all," she said to herself, "unless--unless we're all part of the same dream. Only I do hope it's my dream, and not the Red King's! I don't like belonging in another person's dream," she went on in a rather complaining tone. "I've a great mind to go and wake him, and see what happens!"

Thus, both of the Alice books, as dream tales, are also veiled parables about the meaning of life.

Games "play" a prominent role in the books. In Alice In Wonderland, we have playing cards and croquet; in Through The Looking-Glass, chess; and in both books, there is plenty of the wordplay for which Carroll is justly famous. Carroll himself was very fond of games--one reason he enjoyed spending time with children. But just as nonsense contains a deeper level of meaning, so do games. It has been said that chess, for example, with its black and white pattern of squares, was created as a reminder of the vast expanse of the field of existence, and how to navigate it. In essence, the chessboard or checkerboard symbolizes the polarities, the positive and negative forces, the yin and yang that must be kept in balance if the game of life is to be played well. The theme of polarity shows up in many and various ways in TTLG, starting with the black and white kittens in the first chapter. As Alice puts it when she first beholds the chessboard playing field: "It's a great, huge game of chess that's being played--all over the world--if this is the world at all, you know."

From the scientific standpoint, polarity is electromagnetic energy vibrating between two poles, which comprise a unity. Thought is also energy, vibrating at frequencies that cannot be measured with our current technology, and between two polarities. This gives rise to duality: the tendency for human thought to polarize to one of two extremes, to separate and compartmentalize. Linearity is perhaps the primary way we do this, in our perception of past, present and future time, which too often takes us out of the present moment. The White Queen's rule of "Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, but never jam today," is just one example. Other manifestations of duality that show up in both Alice books, often exaggerated and/or parodied, are: fearfulness, confusion about identity, hierarchy, loneliness, wanting what is distant or unattainable, self-deprecation, and black and white thinking. Martin Gardner writes in his notes in The Annotated Alice: "In a sense, nonsense itself is sanity-insanity inversion. The ordinary world is turned upside down and backward; it becomes a world in which things go every way except the way they are supposed to." I would say it's a polarity parody, containing as many layers of symbolic meaning as the chessboard itself.

I'll close this with a quote from The Seth Material by Jane Roberts that for me seems to sum up Lewis Carroll's take on "life as a dream":

Humanity dreams the same dream at once, and you have your mass world.

The whole construction is like an educational play in which you are the producers as well as the actors.

There is a play within a play within a play.

There is no end to the "within" of things.

The dreamer dreams, and the dreamers within the dreams dream.

But the dreams are not meaningless, and the actions within them are significant.

The whole self is the observer and also a participator in the roles.

btw, just found this, could be helpful (to me also):

http://www.marytynes.com/2015/09/12/lou ... od-trauma/

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 am

From Path of Empowerment, Pleiadians channeled by Marciniak:

"The checkerboard or game board pattern is a more complex version of the cross--an extension that
naturally evolved from connecting a series of interconnected crosses. The checkerboard is a grid pattern
composed of 64 squares--8 squares per side alternating in a black and white
design. This familiar set of symbols can be found the world over, as
well as throughout many lines of time. Hiding in plain sight, this b&w
pattern of squares is an ancient design that was created as a very
simple, yet powerful, tool to remind humanity of the vast expanse of
the field of existence, and most importantly, how to navigate it. This
symbol was easily imptinted on the deeper layers of the human mind and
passed on in the infinite patterns of perception from one generation
to another. The interlocking pattern was a multilayered
teaching that conveyed the encoded complexities of the multiverse.
Each cross point on the grid was a vortex and portal of energy
where realities merged, and each square was a symbol for a specific
quality of energy--black for negative and white for positive--just
like the negative and positive charges of electricity.

Synthesizing this crucial information into a two-dimensional form in
third-dimensional reality, the intent was to portray the importance
of polarity within the natural order of the multiverse by way of
symbolic metaphor. The checkerboard is a symbol that has captured
the ultimate complexity of the field of existence in a design that is layered
with symbolic meaning, yet presents itself with the ultimate of simplicity--an innocent
presence in world culture appearing as nothing more than a board for playing games.
People of old knew that, in the game of existence, they would live again and again,
and they also knew that how they perceived and interpreted reality determined the quality
of their life experience here and beyond. They further knew that the game board was created
as a symbol to imprint their memory banks so as to remember and be able to call forth what
was remembered from lifetime to lifetime.

Like the cross, the checkerboard or game board contained layers of
meaningful information. Because symbols can be used to affect and direct
consciousness in many subtle ways, the lines and alternating colors spoke to
the deep layers of the sub-and unconscious minds, areas that readily respond
to and recognize symbols that the conscious mind may barely notice. People use
their minds in different fashions; the ancients grasped that the mind was
affected by the forces of nature and everything is part of a cosmic dance of energy.
The game board became their treasured symbol for consciously playing the game
of existence. The 64 squares--6 + 4 = 10, revealing one and zero--form an eight-sided design on a 2D
surface in 3D reality, a metaphor for revealing the essence of cosmic
law and the basic instructions for building energy in any reality. Black and white
symbolized the female and male polarities, negative and positive forces, dark and light,
night and day, blood and semen, zero and one, vagina and penis, chalice and blade, etc.
Even the Eastern symbol of yin and yang, the b&w swirl traditionally representing the balance
of energy, was inherent in the design.

Today, what is the game really about? What are its components? How is
it influencing you? Perhaps you are wondering how you can learn to play on the
game board, working your way up to multidimensional chess. The game is about
managing energy in every aspect of the cosmos. It is a game of awareness, and the board
represents the field of existence, which is the neutral playing field of energy that
supports and expands consciousness; its presence announces and reminds you, on
very deep levels of consciousness, that you are 'playing the field.'

The symbol of the game board can serve as a tool for expanding your
consciousness. Remember, the game board conveys the important message
that the nature of consciousness is multidimensional
and that it is composed of light and dark forces that require constant
balance. When you see the game board, it is a reminder that you are in
the game, and on a subconscious level, you agree to the rules."

Tanfeliz

Postby Tanfeliz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:31 pm

That is so very on point to what I discussed with J this morning. Thank you!

Alice

Postby Alice » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Tanfeliz wrote:That is so very on point to what I discussed with J this morning. Thank you!

Private discussion, or on the board? Anyway, welcome!

Return to “Bashar's channelings”